• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can We Use Super Diesel In Kia Sportage Or Hyundai Tuscon

arjunal

ppm is a measurement of the sulphur content in the diesel, the less the better. In most countries 50ppm is the standard, i have no idea about the figures in SL though. Lowering ppm is mostly a move to reduce the pollution caused by diesel engines in developed nations, so in a short run it wont affect your engine much. But since sulfur is a corrosive agent higher percentages of sulphur means that your internal parts like injectors,fuel pump,fuel rail etc might be affected if you continue to use higher than recommended ppm levels. But i wouldn't worry too much about it, after all there's nothing we can do about it anyways.

BTW where did you find the ppm content of super diesle from ?

In Sri Lanka super diesel has a sulphur content of 500 ppm. But these engines ask for 50 ppm

Hyundai Lanka recommends "Super Diesel" for vehicles with crdi engines.

Super Diesel on CRDi

We strongly recommend that all our

valued customers who are using Santa Fe

or Tucson Diesel models should only use

“Ceypetco” super diesel that complies with

required quality standards. Other products

such as “Xtra mile” etc. are found to be

having an enormous amount of Sulphur

content which can cause serious damage

to the CRDi engines. Please take care of

your Hyundai car.

http://www.prestigegroup.lk/hyundailanka/images/nletter/vol1is3.pdf

ppm is a measurement of the sulphur content in the diesel, the less the better. In most countries 50ppm is the standard, i have no idea about the figures in SL though. Lowering ppm is mostly a move to reduce the pollution caused by diesel engines in developed nations, so in a short run it wont affect your engine much. But since sulfur is a corrosive agent higher percentages of sulphur means that your internal parts like injectors,fuel pump,fuel rail etc might be affected if you continue to use higher than recommended ppm levels. But i wouldn't worry too much about it, after all there's nothing we can do about it anyways.

BTW where did you find the ppm content of super diesle from ?

http://www.ceypetco....oducts.htm#CP13

Auto diesel - Max 3000ppm (0.3 w/w %)

Super diesel - Max 500ppm (0.05 w/w %)

Sri Lanka having signed up to reduce its pollution emissions, was to tighten emission standards further as far back as January 01, 2007 by making it mandatory for the sulphur content of auto diesel to be 500 parts per million (PPM) from 3,000 ppm, but to date this standard has not been met, environmentalists said. Therefore, the country continues to use 3,000 ppm diesel, a standard set in 2004. At present only super diesel meets the criteria of 500ppm.

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=30184

Edited by hyacc

Thank you for the reply. Though Hyundai Lanka recommends super diesel (500 ppm) other countries ask for 50 ppm.

http://www.hyundai.co.za/index.cfm?event=ix35.

I wonder whether the two companies in Sri Lanka (Kia and Hyundai) really have an idea about the Sulphur content in super diesel.I think it should be ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD) ,which has a sulphur content <50ppm

Thank you for the reply. Though Hyundai Lanka recommends super diesel (500 ppm) other countries ask for 50 ppm.

http://www.hyundai.c....cfm?event=ix35.

I wonder whether the two companies in Sri Lanka (Kia and Hyundai) really have an idea about the Sulphur content in super diesel.I think it should be ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD) ,which has a sulphur content <50ppm

Of course they know about the sulphur content, like i pointed out we have been using 3000ppm for ages in SL and there aren't many cases of identified issues caused by the ppm content alone. You might have carbon deposits and worn out internals after a very long time but generally the ppm content wont affect the engine much, why agents in other countries are recommending 50ppm is that they have much tougher environmental measures in place and the usage of lower ppm is only linked to environmental factors alone.

On your question of Hyundai lanka recommending 500ppm instead of 50ppm, well they cant recommend something that cant be bought in the SL market can they ?

50ppm is not sold here so whats the point of recommending people to use something that isnt readily available here ?

The problem isnt with the agents, the problem is with the CPC who don't manufacture 50ppm diesel !