• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Turbo Charger To A Carb Engine

Marlons

Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if it's possible to fix a turbocharger to a carb engine? And also roughly how much it'll cost to get it done.

Oh and by the way this is for a Honda EG8 Twin carb.

Thanks boys

it's possible and has been done many times, just a bit hard to tune the jets/etc. 'cos a carburetor usually works on vacuum and you're basically applying pressure now. Typically, you'd want a "blow through" carb (which is expensive compared to regular carbs. But if you're running low boost, a regular carb could be tuned for it with the use of a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.

here's a pic 082107_12091.jpg

but in the end, a EFI engine is the easiest to work with for boost applications

Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if it's possible to fix a turbocharger to a carb engine? And also roughly how much it'll cost to get it done.

Oh and by the way this is for a Honda EG8 Twin carb.

Thanks boys

i think it will be a very hard to do in Sri lanka, the best option is make the car EXI first, it will be a very easy job, u can find all of those parts easily, then as the 2nd step start the Turbo project, u need a FMIC, Turbo, Blow off valve, and ull need to get ur ECU rempap from Zaki, then get the piping done loacly, IC pipes, Exhaust manifold and downpipe, this is the propere way and u can safly run .6 bar boost with this setup, if u can find Garrett T20 or T25 turbo its better, big injectors, boost controller are optional items for more power, this is the propere way, there are so many other cheep ways to do this but not recomended, but if u want more power just do a SIR Engine swap it will save ur time and money, NA is the best way for Honda,

all the best for ur project,

....2nd step start the Turbo project, u need a FMIC, Turbo, Blow off valve, and ull need to get ur ECU rempap from Zaki, then get the piping done loacly, IC pipes, Exhaust manifold and downpipe, this is the propere way and u can safly run .6 bar boost with this setup, if u can find Garrett T20 or T25 turbo its better, big injectors, boost controller are optional items for more power, this is the propere way....

Hey bro, around how much would it cost for this whole job (on an EFI) ;)

Hey bro, around how much would it cost for this whole job (on an EFI) ;)

Chiped ECU

Turbo

Intercooler

Intercooler piping

Exhaust manifold and downpipe

Blowoff valve

i saw an intercooler at motorcade and they have blow off valves too ( fake ones ) abt the ECU u have to talk with zakie for price, for piping if u want bling bling look and perfect quality then sacha is only guy, there are few IHI and TDO4/5 turbos for sale, turbo will cost around 25

Chiped ECU

Turbo

Intercooler

Intercooler piping

Exhaust manifold and downpipe

Blowoff valve

i saw an intercooler at motorcade and they have blow off valves too ( fake ones ) abt the ECU u have to talk with zakie for price, for piping if u want bling bling look and perfect quality then sacha is only guy, there are few IHI and TDO4/5 turbos for sale, turbo will cost around 25

okayy, but around how much would it cost in total, for the whole job, for the whole turbo kit and piping and everything in total, I mean a rough figure ;)

ECU chipping, it's just as same as getting an NA car's ECU chipped, so might cost the same amount, I guess

okayy, but around how much would it cost in total, for the whole job, for the whole turbo kit and piping and everything in total, I mean a rough figure ;)

ECU chipping, it's just as same as getting an NA car's ECU chipped, so might cost the same amount, I guess

its very hard to tell machan, u can call those places and see, thats the best way

i think the cost of a full conversion should be starting around 75k (got some serious doubts about the mapping at this price range) and from there on sky's the limit.

i guess a pretty solid conversion can be done for around 150k if most of the stuff is done locally

i think the cost of a full conversion should be starting around 75k (got some serious doubts about the mapping at this price range) and from there on sky's the limit.

i guess a pretty solid conversion can be done for around 150k if most of the stuff is done locally

i think for the IC and piping it will cost around 75, for the turbo 25 to 40, blow off valve 12, so everything will cost close to 200k

ebay is it ? in SL u cant buy as kits u know find parts and do the job,

Heh heh nice guess. That's why I was wondering about forced induction lol. So do you think these kits would do the job on a safe boost range?

Heh heh nice guess. That's why I was wondering about forced induction lol. So do you think these kits would do the job on a safe boost range?

for sure they will work, i have seen kits for D15B straight fit, all u have to do is get the euc done locally and make sure u dnt rev above redline and run limited amount of boost, also get a high pressure fuel pump too,

for sure they will work, i have seen kits for D15B straight fit, all u have to do is get the euc done locally and make sure u dnt rev above redline and run limited amount of boost, also get a high pressure fuel pump too,

Hmm interesting, but still expensive :)

maybe sometime in future, bro ;)

with time something will definitely go. with an expensive kit it'll probably be the engine

Heh heh were you referring to expensive or inexpensive kits? Maybe yeah, both, but if it's not a daily driver, that time last longer, with long lasting pleasure lol