• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Window Tint Limit

Hi all,

I recently bought a new Maruti Alto and I'm planning to tint side and rear windows. If I tint side windows will it extremely affect to visibility of the driver because I'm a new (novice) driver and I don't want to face to a accident :D

Also What is the legal tint limit in Sri Lanka.

Thanks..

Hi all,

I recently bought a new Maruti Alto and I'm planning to tint side and rear windows. If I tint side windows will it extremely affect to visibility of the driver because I'm a new (novice) driver and I don't want to face to a accident :D

Thanks..

most tinting joints will advise you of max limit you can tint... as far as i know you can completely blacken out the back passenger windows if you like but driver and shotgun windows can't be dark beyond a certain stage... it's 20% or 30%

this topic was well discussed earlier so run a search for exact figures...

the lighter tint you have to put for front windows won't affect safety that much cos you can see pretty well into your side mirrors...

careful with the back glass cos if ya new to motoring it might be difficult for you to reverse with a darkened glass affecting your visibility...

does anyone know anything about a tint that KleenPark offers which is virtually colourless but actually manages to cut down on the light it lets into the vehicle?? :unsure:

apparently it was designed to be used on the windscreen and doubles up as a shatter proof film as well...

anyone has any expreince with this product or any info about it?? price,effectiveness etc??

Hi all,

Thanks..

Read following topics

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ic=2280&hl=

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...c=740&st=20

does anyone know anything about a tint that KleenPark offers which is virtually colourless but actually manages to cut down on the light it lets into the vehicle?? :unsure:

apparently it was designed to be used on the windscreen and doubles up as a shatter proof film as well...

anyone has any expreince with this product or any info about it?? price,effectiveness etc??

Machan that tint film is manufactured by 3M. I heard their promoting advertisement few years back at the time they are introducing that film. They told its a legal tint film which is used to cut down UV coming into the car.

My car had come with the windscreen tint already done in S'pore, However it wasn't in that good a state.......it was quite old by this time. I think in our conditions the the film becomes useless faster. I must admit tho that it did help somewhat with jackasses with their high beams on. <_<

The one you are talking about is 3M Crystalline. I have it in my car and it cost me Rs 9696.00 only for the Windscreen at Kleenpark. Even if it's quiet expensive it does it's work properly. But it's not a shatter proof, Kleen Park has seperate 3M shatter proof film. More Info about Crystalline

Edited by Bharath

• 1 year later...

Guys I am hoping to do a tint.

How much the cost for 3M tint (two back seats + two front seets + light tint on rear windscreen + hoping to do a stripe on top of the front windscreen as it will cover significant amount of sun light)

What are the places in Kandy? what is the price difference between normal tink and 3M tint?

I've noticed in bright sun light after switching off the A/C it takes around 1 mintue or closer to that where tempurature increase significantly. But with tinted glasses in fathers car with tinted glass it takes considerable time if we completely swithc off the A/C.

Normaly i don't switch off A/C completely but reduce fan speed.

My car also a Singapore Import and it came with this Zen Cool Solar film. it came with two types..for the front side door windows it came with clear film and Rear Windscreen and side door glasses it came with dark black film. The Clear film works very well and im fully comfortable with it specialy on a sunny day..and dark films works perfectly and most of that..all the films are scratch proof and very durable...not a single air buble or a scratch...i will update some pix of it soon.