• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid

sanjeev

There are a couple of first generation Prius' running around.... dont think there are any others though. :unsure:

Are they actual hybrids?

actually, colombo would be excellent for hybrids, as most of our driving is slow stop start driving.

actual electric vehicles would also be a good idea too.

Wonder what govt taxation policies exist for hybrids..

There are a couple of first generation Prius' running around.... dont think there are any others though. :unsure:

Don't think there are any Insights, Civic Hybrids or second generation Prius'. Any idea what happened to the new Prius (with was apparently not suitable for our roads) that was down for the c******o Motorshow? Was it sent back or is it still with T*yotaLanka?

how much it will cost? 2nd generation prius or honda civic hybrid.

why srilankan government don't want to give any incentives for these vehicles...in europe lot of incentives given by governments. :unsure:

srilankan government must give some duty concession for these vehicles if they truly environment freindly :rolleyes:

there is a prius, 2nd generation with one of ma friends friend. its still unregistered. its aparently in kandy, saw the pics in my friends phone and it looks awesome, its got a kit as well. white colour. its up for sale. ma friend told me his quoting 6.5 mill or something like that. il try and get the pics from ma friend and upload it.

That was the problem even then. Before I bought the VZR I looked at the Prius 1st gen (So I'm a nerd and the technology fascinated me :P ). Was asking 5 mill on that old car back then. And first gen Prius' have that issue that the battery aint that great. And as with any rechargeable battery, they loose performance over time, so getting one second hand is not a great option unless you want to replace the batteries. Most folk would prefer a normal Corolla given the price difference. Besides, maintenance. Only one option on maintaining that complicated a vehicle.

I think Hybrids are a marketing gimmick. The fuel economy is very slightly better than a small engined economical car. These cars sell well with Americans because there is a tax rebate for people who buy hybrids plus it's a way to cover up the fact the original gas engine in that car is a gas guzzler.

Where Hybrids stand now, I think there are better alternatives to fuel efficiency. So save your money and get a car with an economic engine. Hybrids are just not the way to go right now specially in Sri Lanka.

However if you have deep pockets, I suggest you pay the extra tax and get something with a Common Rail Diesel engine. Most manufacturers see Deisel as the more economical alternative for the near future.

Read this for example.

http://www.technoride.com/2008/03/bmw_dies...ius_in_econ.php

Edited by madmax

check it out guys,

it was imported in 2004 or something, not really sure.

There you go! Still unsold after 4 years, You can pretty much see there is absolutely no demand for it in Sri Lanka.

Edited by madmax

z.u.l. thanks for the photos .this means no body in srilanka wants to buy hybrids ? or it's so expensive for 6.5 m what is the year of manufacture?? is this brand new?

Agents did not import any for sale so this has to be a reconditioned vehicle

doubt anyone is daring enough to pay that much for a technologically advanced car that isn't a mainstream model in this region and very few people will know how to sort , should something go wrong...

:mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Today i saw a light silver Yaris sized (but much older 302-xxxx if i remember right) toyota sedan. never seen the model before (ever).. the funny thing was that it had a "prius" badge on one side of the trunk and a "hybrid" on the other....

Today i saw a light silver Yaris sized (but much older 302-xxxx if i remember right) toyota sedan. never seen the model before (ever).. the funny thing was that it had a "prius" badge on one side of the trunk and a "hybrid" on the other....

Toyota prius much larger than yaris :unsure:

hhmmmmmmmmmmmm.... :)

I only saw the read end of it, but this does seem awfully close to what i saw.... So does this mean there ARE hybrids running around Sri Lanka that we didnt know about.....interesting...

quite literally less than a handful afaik

a proverbile drop in the ocean of SL cars - far too small a number to make any kind of impact , be it in terms of emmissions or fuel consumption - and far too few to even judge how they hold up under the rather nasty SL conditions... :(

quite literally less than a handful afaik

a proverbile drop in the ocean of SL cars - far too small a number to make any kind of impact , be it in terms of emmissions or fuel consumption - and far too few to even judge how they hold up under the rather nasty SL conditions... :(

is there a hybrid version of teh new toyota cygnus?