• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Car For 10 Laks??

10000BC

Question

Hi All,

If I want to buy a car around 10 Laks what is the model that you can recommend. I am asking this coz I don't have excellent idea about some models.

As I know the available options would be,

Nissan FB14

Nissan Pulsar

Mitsubishi Lancer

Toyota AE100

Toyota Turcel

Hyundai Accent

Mazda Familia

Here I prefer Toyota Turcel and Mazda Familia. Is it a good idea? What can you say about the reselling value, fuel consumption and the availability of the spare parts of each model.

Would expect the Expert Ideas :)

I think Lancer CB8 will be a good option to consider which will also match your budget. It is diesel car so the running cost will be low. Additionally, although it is diesel car, the pulling power is as good as a petrol one, if not better.

Actually I prefer a Petrol one... :(

I guess a petrol one can bought in the range 825,000 - 875,000 and a diesel one 900,000 - 975,000

Oh I made a mistake..I was in mind of a petrol car. For diesel I guess its 65 - xxxx. And the details sound great. Thanks a lot friends.

And how about Mazda Familia and Toyota Turcel? The appearances of those models are great but I don't know about other factors. Any experiences on these models? :)

Oh I made a mistake..I was in mind of a petrol car. For diesel I guess its 65 - xxxx. And the details sound great. Thanks a lot friends.

And how about Mazda Familia and Toyota Turcel? The appearances of those models are great but I don't know about other factors. Any experiences on these models? :)

As far as the second hand market is concerned Mazda 3232 is better than Familia but Tercel does not have a good resale value. :)

Parts for special editions is a problem. Not sure of the common models.

one of my friends in office got a 19- lancer and he's been having some carb issues...

man was looking for a replacement card for a long long time without any luck..

can't remember the exact model but it looks like a normal lancer...

The fella was getting annoyed that parts were difficult to come by... even suspension parts according to him was a challenge to source...

one of my friends in office got a 19- lancer and he's been having some carb issues...

The fella was getting annoyed that parts were difficult to come by... even suspension parts according to him was a challenge to source...

machan I really don't think those are that hard to come by... Where did your friend look?

I think Lancer CB8 will be a good option to consider which will also match your budget. It is diesel car so the running cost will be low. Additionally, although it is diesel car, the pulling power is as good as a petrol one, if not better.

I second that ! the 2L diesel engine provides it the best power+torque to weight ratio of any car in that segment and generation ! A bit noisy but pulls with great conviction :)

Ripper, my Mirage is of the same generation as the CB8, if your friends Lancer is in the same generation, and I'm a bit surprised to learn that parts are difficult to come by !

I've had to hunt a bit for things like a used AC compressor, and some body parts for my car is somewhat difficult to find, especially the rear lights (my car is a coupe), but other stuff I've always found with relative ease and things like suspension, steering, transmission and engine parts were always found in the usual locations !

I mean part are not as plentiful as for Corolla's or Sunny's and body parts are slowly becoming rarer as the model gets older but certainly for the normal 4 door saloon they still probably can't be classed difficult !

Typical engine on these petrol lancers was the 4G15 and that a whole load of vehicles have or share parts with as the protons and certain Hyundai's also share parts with this engine !

Hi All,

If I want to buy a car around 10 Laks what is the model that you can recommend. I am asking this coz I don't have excellent idea about some models.

Nissan FB14

Nissan Pulsar

Mitsubishi Lancer

Toyota AE100

Toyota Turcel

Hyundai Accent

Mazda Familia

Here I prefer Toyota Turcel and Mazda Familia. Is it a good idea? What can you say about the reselling value, fuel consumption and the availability of the spare parts of each model.

The Tercel, The Nissan's the AE100 and the Lancer and the Familia are all good vehicles ! When it comes to resale value the FB14 and the AE100 would probably be the best bang for buck, while the Pulsar would not be too far behind (its nearly the same car as the FB14 !). Fuel efficiency wise the Tercel probably leads the group followed by the AE100.

The only car I would not recommend is the Accent, though being a newer car it was made cheaply and it shows !

So your decision probably should not depend on a model, but the quality of the example you find of it on your search ! cos well maintained and kept, they should all give you many miles of happy motoring !

best of luck !

If you can hunt for a while you'll be able to find it. There are limitations on certain parts coz my freind still couldn't get the break pads for his CK2 MX (all 4 disc).

if u compare ae100 n tercel..you can buy a 96 brand new 19- car for the price of 92-93 version ae 100..so i guess the newer 1is better also v good on fuel..i saw some very good tercels in autolanka classifieds..check them out mate

• Like 1

Hi All,

Nissan FB14

Nissan Pulsar

Mitsubishi Lancer

Toyota AE100

Toyota Turcel

Hyundai Accent

Mazda Familia

Agreed with Don. So My List has been modified. :)

Toyota AE100

Toyota Tercel

Nissan FB14

Nissan Pulsar

Mazda Familia

Mitsubishi Lancer CB8

Honda Civic EG8

Thanks guys, Feel free to comment. I am learning a lot from your comments :)

Don,

1. What is the reason for lower market value for Toyota Tercel? By Appearence it is a nice car and there is no problem with fuel efficiency.

2. Heard that the fuel efficiency of Nissan FB14 is extremely lower than the other models. What do you say?

Hi All,

Nissan FB14

Nissan Pulsar

Mitsubishi Lancer

Toyota AE100

Toyota Turcel

Hyundai Accent

Mazda Familia

hello friend,

i prefer u Toyota AE100 (Corolla) 1ce i had a AE100 car, such a lovely car i had.

if u compare ae100 n tercel..you can buy a 96 brand new 19- car for the price of 92-93 version ae 100..so i guess the newer 1is better also v good on fuel..i saw some very good tercels in autolanka classifieds..check them out mate

I agree with you guys. But still, afaik there are two major models of Tercels. They are the Japanese Domestic Model Tercel which came with reconditioned and the brand new model which was imported to Sri Lanka. Out of these, the Japanese domestic model has a slightly higher market value and believe me it looks really really good. (I mean better than the other model of brand new tercels in SL in appearance and options). Im telling you this out of my experience cos many years ago we had a Japaneses domestic model tercel. At that time, when we go out somewhere, we found many people asking whether we are about to sell it. I mean it had that much of demand, and also after all we were able to sell it for a higher price than we bought it. The major difference that differentiates the Japanese domestic model and local brand new model is the Japanese Domestic model has a full rear tail light red reflector across the boot lid (So unlike the local brand new model, the number plate is mounted on the rear bumper, not on the boot lid) like in the AE100 (92) corollas and sprinters. Also I admit that Japanese domestic model cars are rare in Sri Lanka where as the local brand new model cars are so common. Also please note that this Japanese domestic model is actually old since it has been manufactured in 91 -93, while the brand new model is manufactured around 95. So the actual situation is, simply the local brand new model is a newer model and Japanese domestic model is an old previous model that was imported reconditioned to SL. So the difference is Jap Domestic model looks far better. And also it had some really nice colors like blue metallic. In my research I found that the Toyota Soluna is the latest model of Tercel since Toyota fellas have changed the appearance of Tercel completely and given the name Soluna instead of Tercel.

For your reference, I found sample pics of those two models I mentioned. Here you go.................. see the difference

Toyota Tercel Japanese Domestic Model - Rear

toyotatercel4906ah5.th.jpg

The common brand new Tercel model - rear

toyotatercel4939rc0.th.jpg

This is all what know. Hope it helped you at least a bit to clear your clues. Wish you a happy car hunting! :alc:

Edited by Car Maniac

I agree with you guys. But still, afaik there are two major models of Tercels. They are the Japanese Domestic Model Tercel which came with reconditioned and the brand new model which was imported to Sri Lanka. Out of these, the Japanese domestic model has a slightly higher market value and believe me it looks really really good. (I mean better than the other model of brand new tercels in SL in appearance and options). Im telling you this out of my experience cos many years ago we had a Japaneses domestic model tercel. At that time, when we go out somewhere, we found many people asking whether we are about to sell it. I mean it had that much of demand, and also after all we were able to sell it for a higher price than we bought it. The major difference that differentiates the Japanese domestic model and local brand new model is the Japanese Domestic model has a full rear tail light red reflector across the boot lid (So unlike the local brand new model, the number plate is mounted on the rear bumper, not on the boot lid) like in the AE100 (92) corollas and sprinters. Also I admit that Japanese domestic model cars are rare in Sri Lanka where as the local brand new model cars are so common. Also please note that this Japanese domestic model is actually old since it has been manufactured in 91 -93, while the brand new model is manufactured around 95. So the actual situation is, simply the local brand new model is a newer model and Japanese domestic model is an old previous model that was imported reconditioned to SL. So the difference is Jap Domestic model looks far better. And also it had some really nice colors like blue metallic. In my research I found that the Toyota Soluna is the latest model of Tercel since Toyota fellas have changed the appearance of Tercel completely and given the name Soluna instead of Tercel.

For your reference, I found sample pics of those two models I mentioned. Here you go.................. see the difference

Toyota Tercel Japanese Domestic Model - Rear

toyotatercel4906ah5.th.jpg

The common brand new Tercel model - rear

toyotatercel4939rc0.th.jpg

This is all what know. Hope it helped you at least a bit to clear your clues. Wish you a happy car hunting! :alc:

Thank you very much for this great introduction...