• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Power Shutters

charitha19

Question

Dear experts,

my power shutters are giving me trouble.... after 20 years anything would i guess.... its just the drivers side one... the damn thing rattles and needs to be pushed by hand.... need to get this fixed.. have no clue where i might find a decent fellow to do this.....

Please HELP !!! :mellow:

22 answers to this question

Go to Ruwan,Darley Rd.We talked a lot about him in various threads!

MINIACE

I guess you are talking about the guy who has a small 'petti kade' (Sampath Motors IIRC) on Darley Road. I went to get a small job done on my car & he did a good job for a reasonable price. Decent guy.

I guess you are talking about the guy who has a small 'petti kade' (Sampath Motors IIRC) on Darley Road. I went to get a small job done on my car & he did a good job for a reasonable price. Decent guy.

Yep ! I've visited him many times...retured as a very happy customer...Record is 100% satisfied!

MINIACE

ok so ruwan is the man of the power shutters... any land mark in darley road to find this guy....

Mini talled me about this guy earlier but couldn't find time to pay a visit. Have the same issue on passenger side. Give me a buzz when ur goin... I have also found 2 doors (8000 each) but if I could get this and the beading issue fixed for much lesser ammount then no need.

Ruwan is not a kudda & his place is a bit away from the area where the kuddas roam

No machan, i am not talking about Ruwan. I know who is Ruwan. :) I am talking about kudda fellows here and there in Darly road, like Panchikawattha (not the shop owners). :)

it might jus be that the rubber guides on your window have warped overtime or got stuck due to heat...im talking about the rubber guides the glass travels in...think there is a liquid which you can use to to bring the rubber back to its normal state..

well ths guy was really helpful and his shop is now moved to from the petti kade to a place near the fire stations.... traffic lights...

but unfortunatly my winder is beyond repair.. so now i am in search for a winder for the drivers side front.. the mazda's have the ball bearing type winder and not the usual wheel type winder..

anyone know where to get one.. i dont want to put a whole door because of this since eveything about the door is still good and i will have to re paint it if i get a door..

sampath is also looking for one for me..

well ths guy was really helpful and his shop is now moved to from the petti kade to a place near the fire stations.... traffic lights...

but unfortunatly my winder is beyond repair.. so now i am in search for a winder for the drivers side front.. the mazda's have the ball bearing type winder and not the usual wheel type winder..

anyone know where to get one.. i dont want to put a whole door because of this since eveything about the door is still good and i will have to re paint it if i get a door..

sampath is also looking for one for me..

ebay..? :unsure:

Hi All

My 121 corolla drivers' side power shutter timing has been changed. It goes up and automatically comes halfway down. But it goes down and stays there without any issue. This happens only when automatic mode used. When you pull up and hold (manual mode), it works fine. Any idea where to look for this kinda matter.