• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3/axela Service Costs

Dissanayaike

I am debating on the car I should buy after the duties were slashed down. I am more keen on buying the Mazda3/Axela as it has the look that I want (Sporty) and is within my budget. Yet I have the following concerns over Toyota Axio (Its flooded and hence I don't like it) or Honda Civic (2007 model is above my budget and I love the 1.3 hybrid but Stafford valuations are way high over the actuals).

- Who are the reliable mechanics for Mazda's in Battaramulla area. I generally have been to Lal Allawatte (not very pleased) as well as Lahiru (place in front of David Peiris showroom) yet they are not specialized on Mazda's

- I was told that the rear suspensions are around 60K which is very expensive. Please clarify

- Are the general maintenance costs much more higher than a Toyota.. as in twice as much or so

Feedback is highly appreciated.

I also like to share my findings so far on the prices..

Axela 2007 it seems I can get for around 3.6M which has done around 22K, Silver, Auto, Multi-func steering, etc.

Honda Civic 2007 with full options for around 5M (silver or beige)

Axio X grade for around 4.3M 2007 with very low on the clock (silver or dark blue)

Are the above reasonable and please suggest of any alternatives

Me not a Mazda expert. But I want you to congratulate on the decision to go Mazda Axela over the Toyota Axio. My cousin bro got one, and it is great car and very good performance. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Pity that new Civic is still in the higher price bracket.

There is a plc. In Papiliyana who specializes in Mazda, He has all the parts too ..... Not too sure on the cost of the suspensions are correct overall maintence is just as normal as the Toyota I would say as it's in the same time frames

If you wanna become any crook who drive just another vehicle, go for that axio. But axela/mazda 3 is not everyone's choice sort of. It's unique in the design and prestige looking interior resembles more towards an European make. Therefore, even if you pay little extra that'll be rewarding me thinks. If you're so worried about spare parts prices, ring around some reputed places for Mazda spare parts and try to obtain price quotes for fast moving spares.

also...for the money you pay the axela is quite a decent car in terms of handling... nicely weighted steering too compared to many other cars in that bracket...

on a sidenote

drove a v35 sky yesterday and managed push it a bit....a wee bit :D

as good as the mazda 3 is....the v35 is just kicks ass

so that's another option if you can find one in your budget range :)

also...for the money you pay the axela is quite a decent car in terms of handling... nicely weighted steering too compared to many other cars in that bracket...

on a sidenote

drove a v35 sky yesterday and managed push it a bit....a wee bit :D

as good as the mazda 3 is....the v35 is just kicks ass

so that's another option if you can find one in your budget range :)

Thanks for all the feedback, Appreciate it!

Cheers....