• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Vibration On Gear Engagement

Riz

Question

20 answers to this question

I have a mini van auto gear. Problem the engine tends to vibrate a lot when gear is engaged to either D or R.

On neutral / parking engine idles smoothly.

Any ideas pls

it this happens when the ac is on or of ?

i guess this is for your honda acty

btw i think it's a problem with you'r engine tuneup or ecu settings.

Thnks guys for ur answers.

Elvis - engine vibrates , idle ok.

Anjula - ?????????

Nexus - Yes Honda Acty,a/c on or off same issue

as i said you should check you'r engine tuneup and ecu settings or maybe it's engine mounts or gearbox mounts check them as well good luck Riz

Thnks a lot for ur advises, yes ICV valve and spark plugs were cleaned as Elvis said, the vibration reduced a bit,

but not completly, vibration was terrible earlier.

Although Gayan's prediction was gear box screwed, i was pretty sure since vibration reduced after ICV clean up

gearbox was not at fault.

May be perhaps as other advises, shall go underneath the van and check the conditions of the mounts etc..

Well jdnet, actually i did a minor tune up cleaned the plugs resetted the gaps throttle body clean etc, which actually gave a little bit of a quick start and accelaration.

But vibration (gear engaged) reduced after ICV valve clean up, Is there any other things to clean.. reset etc.

other than mounts.

Well jdnet, actually i did a minor tune up cleaned the plugs resetted the gaps throttle body clean etc, which actually gave a little bit of a quick start and accelaration.

But vibration (gear engaged) reduced after ICV valve clean up, Is there any other things to clean.. reset etc.

other than mounts.

injectors, egr, intake maifold.

Like a few has said, it sounds like the engine is not producing enough torque hence the vibration when gears are engaged. Could be a misfire or a tuning issue (the engine being retarded) or possibly a sensor/ ECU electronic issue. I'd actually plug the car to a diagnostic system and see what it reports.

How is the vehicle to drive and does it accelerate ok?

Archon - No i have not checked the colour of the oil, i shall check it tomrow...

Don - Accelaration ok, when the engine is hot the vibration tends to reduce a lot, vibrates a lot during first

cold start, another one more minor issue the engine too vibrates (gear disengaged)in the morning and once

hot idle ok.

Archon - No i have not checked the colour of the oil, i shall check it tomrow...

Don - Accelaration ok, when the engine is hot the vibration tends to reduce a lot, vibrates a lot during first

cold start, another one more minor issue the engine too vibrates (gear disengaged)in the morning and once

hot idle ok.

first things first. try increasing engine idle rpm. if the engine is too slow then it might vibrate alot when a gear is engaged coz it tends to slow down when building up oil pressure in the torque converter.

if this fails (which i dont think it will)

wel, then seems you are having problems with a failing O2 sensor. try cleaning it.on the worst side u will have to replace it if cleaning doesnt help.

best thing is to scan for trouble codes..

• Like 1