• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Few Clarifications

weels

sharmila koralage

'Watchman,

This forum any member can give his opinion. You have no reason to Disgrace my Profession. Please read my post I have mentioned Opinion Differ. What wrote is my opinion. You have no reason to Disgrace my Profession for you to lick. I will send you some of my used Toilet papers. Please stop Humiliating Members by writing posts. This reply indicating my post proves what school you have come from.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Firstly uncle, please learn to type properly. We are not 5 year olds nor 70 year olds who are incapable of reading a large paragraph. You dont have to break each sentence into a paragraph.

Secondly, true, all members are entitles to his opinions. Even though its wrong and foolish, you are entitled to you "opinion". But when you go tell an innocent person who doesnt know much about the topic about your 'opinion' falsifying it as 'knowledge' then THAT is wrong.

I doubt you'll find many vehicles that have run half a million kilometers in the vehicle category the OP is looking at. So once again dont mislead people by exaggerating a story.

Off-topic: As for your profession; those of us who have been on the forum long enough know what your 'profession' is. If someonw asks for Rs.15,000 for a job that can be done under Rs.1000, i believe its the person ENGAGED IN that 'profession' thats disgracing it.

For one thing, I do NOT appreciate the insult.

For another thing, we already established that in this culture, the word Uncle is used as a title of respect for your elders, not to claim relationships. I know old age is referred to as ones second childhood, but stop being such a blasted baby!

And 500,000km on the engine would be well into rebuild territory.

Pericles,

Thank you for writing (I do NOT appreciate the insult.)

I have been thought to address unknown person in a acceptable manner.

That is the reason I addressed in my post as honorary moderator to you. I meant with good intentions there was that you are doing a service to motorists to moderate this forum with out a fee or reward as for my knowledge.

500,000Km will go through two or three times rebuilding.

Please understand I do not want any member to call me uncle there are better words to call another Forum member.

Although I am 67+ not lost my memory and not yet reached the second child hood to be helped by some one.

It is better you stop to this type of posts as this member always start.

There had been instances my rely posts were deleted this members post were on the list please inform who did that.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Pericles,

Thank you for writing (I do NOT appreciate the insult.)

I have been thought to address unknown person in a acceptable manner.

That is the reason I addressed in my post as honorary moderator to you. I meant with good intentions there was that you are doing a service to motorists to moderate this forum with out a fee or reward as for my knowledge.

Please understand I do not want any member to call me uncle there are better words to call another Forum member.

Although I am 67+ not lost my memory and not yet reached the second child hood to be helped by some one.

It is better you stop to this type of posts as this member always start.

There had been instances my rely posts were deleted this members post were on the list lease inform who did that.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Well don't. The new generation isn't so rigid and formal. Addressing me as Peri or Pericles is just fine. And I think your mixing it up with honorable anyway, but thats moot.

And fine.

Pls note everyone. Any posts referring to Sylvi as uncle or a derivative will be unapproved as soon as a moderator sees it.

Well don't. The new generation isn't so rigid and formal. Addressing me as Peri or Pericles is just fine. And I think your mixing it up with honorable anyway, but thats moot.

And fine.

Pls note everyone. Any posts referring to Sylvi as uncle or a derivative will be unapproved as soon as a moderator sees it.

Pericles,

Thank you for all trouble taken.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

hmmmmmmm.... Seems loads of action was around while these few days... :)

Anyway, Any cool suggestions for 1 - 1.2M?

nissan march(1999)[fuel consumption is little bit less and prices of parts are also much more higher]. japan alto( 2003,04). or you can buy brand new maruti( I' think they provide 50,000 km warranty, but still don't know about the engine problems). :)

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

completely disagree with this statement. utter bollocks as i've seen enough and more cars reaching this milestone without a rebuild.

Assuming "Rebuild" to be re-boring and dumping in new pistons etc..

I've owned a 93 corolla with a couple of hundreds of thousand Km's on it and when we eventually had an oil burning issues...that too was from valve stem seals... The pistons, the bore was fine although it was showing a bit of wear.

once top end seals were replaced it stopped burning oil and worked great till i eventually sold it.

I'm sure people like Milindu who run commercial fleets racking up mileage knows this for a fact.

Most older jap petrol motors run "forever" given that you look after them as it was meant to be.

Diesel engines however are a different kettle of fish. but that's not the topic here...

So IMHO it's rather silly to say that you can't get to 500k without two or three "rebuilds"

you can't generalize it like that

But then again...i aint no expert...didn't go to the best of schools etc...So this is just my humble two cents

Ripper, diesels should technically outlast Petrols and the reason they probably don't seem to in SL is probably because they are clocked :) As for Petrols I have first hand experience of car's having done 300K miles and still not burning oil. The life of the valve seats depend very much on how heavy you are on the accelerator ;)

............................or you can buy brand new maruti( I' think they provide 50,000 km warranty, but still don't know about the engine problems). :)

As far as I remember it's 40000kms.

One of the engine problems associated with Marutis is occasional OIL LEAKS.

Even in my WagonR (at around 5000kms) there was a sign of slight oil leak between the engine head and engine block.

On inspection a mechanic at A*W told me "packing eka kara wela" and replaced it free of charge under warranty. The problem never occurred again.

Maruti's engines (which are essentially Japanese designed ones built with Indian components) score high on reliability, but there are occasional glitches owing to inconsistent quality of some cheap Indian-made components.

As I found out, here are some of the areas Marutis lag behind their Suzuki siblings.

* Quality of rubber parts (Gaskets, Window beadings)

* Quality of interior plastics

* Rusty nuts, bolts and brackets

* Fit and finish of Body panels (IMO the biggest drawback)

Edited by samishka

Ripper, diesels should technically outlast Petrols and the reason they probably don't seem to in SL is probably because they are clocked :) As for Petrols I have first hand experience of car's having done 300K miles and still not burning oil. The life of the valve seats depend very much on how heavy you are on the accelerator ;)

well that's good news Don as i'm on a diesel now :)

genuine mileage...230k on the clock and it was rebuilt at 200k...

needs new injectors and that seems to be about it on motor related stuff

On petrol motor valve seats...

i suppose mine wearing out is completely understandable :D Peri and VVTI can vouch for that :D

have an inherited heavy right foot problem :( The diesel has been the only cure so far :P

As far as I remember it's 40000kms.

One of the engine problems associated with Marutis is occasional OIL LEAKS.

Even in my WagonR (at around 5000kms) there was a sign of slight oil leak between the engine head and engine block.

On inspection a mechanic at A*W told me "packing eka kara wela" and replaced it free of charge under warranty. The problem never occurred again.

Maruti's engines (which are essentially Japanese designed ones built with Indian components) score high on reliability, but there are occasional glitches owing to inconsistent quality of some cheap Indian-made components.

As I found out, here are some of the areas Marutis lag behind their Suzuki siblings.

* Quality of rubber parts (Gaskets, Window beadings)

* Quality of interior plastics

* Rusty nuts, bolts and brackets

* Fit and finish of Body panels (IMO the biggest drawback)

machang a co-worker had a maruti that was maintained by the agents.

she wasn't you stereotypical lady driver :) heavy on the gas pedal and was a decent driver...far better than some of the guys at work :P

anyways...she had to replace pistons after about 4~5years of owning the car.

Not sure if this is a common scenario but that particular wasn't racking up very high mileage either so it was quite shocking.

Finally they went for a march and flogger the maruti after an engine overhaul

...............................anyways...she had to replace pistons after about 4~5years of owning the car......................

This is not common.

That's why I said "there are occasional glitches owing to inconsistent quality of some cheap Indian-made components".smile.gif

How about japanese kei (660cc hatchback) cars. for the price i guess you can not go for a recon. But i think its possible for a decent second hand.(English number) example models: suzuki alto, susuki kei, suzuki jimny (jeep), wagonr(Japanese), Daihatsu Cuore,....

They are not that comfy as a decent sedan and pulling power is less. But better than indian low price cars. Fuel economy is comparatively better than a normal car. You can have auto gears too. If you go for rare model price would be lesser. but then comes the spare parts problem.