• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

94 Bmw

streetKIA

Are there any major problems with the car? Whats the size of the engine?

there were no known mechanical problems wit the car...its an 1800 engine and his father ordered the car with close gear ratios...picks up really well...besides who needs top speed here rite?

1.5? damn, that sounds good. How long ago was this??

i think this is the price the cars go at...the cars r not always in gud shape tho...this car was spotless, valued higher by prestige and it sure as hell can take a beatin cos he drives hard...sold the car late last yr cos his pop is lookin to get a merc within some insane budget...son's not happy but he has no say...

Ive seen some beemers for around 1.4. I thought there wouldve been some problems with it for that price. Its quite worth it considering the ones advertised had a sunroof, car phone and leather. Plus its a really large car, with projection headlams, and headlamp washers. Im clueless about its safety option. Does it have airbags or abs?

with projection headlams,

it's a conspiracy i tell you... to keep the little projector seller down!

on the topic of bimmers, the e36 goes for around 1.4mil and upwards depending on condition...

not sure on the 5 series prices

Ive seen some beemers for around 1.4. I thought there wouldve been some problems with it for that price. Its quite worth it considering the ones advertised had a sunroof, car phone and leather. Plus its a really large car, with projection headlams, and headlamp washers. Im clueless about its safety option. Does it have airbags or abs?

the car handles like a charm...this car had ABS and a driver's side airbag...dont expect airbags on the pre-95 models but im not sure...

the only fault these cars hav wit age is they get very loud and prestige tried their best to sort it out but they couldnt...

and dude its only the E39 (96 onwards) that came wit projectors...these jus had normal circular headlights...but i think u get aftermarket ones so fuzzo u hav hope for the older beemers

and dude its only the E39 (96 onwards) that came wit projectors...these jus had normal circular headlights...but i think u get aftermarket ones so fuzzo u hav hope for the older beemers

3699828full8hy.jpg

36998224full4nh.jpg

Isnt the dark light on the left projection? Thats what i always thought :D

E34 is a very nice car but its very bad on fuel consumption. plus have almost no second-hand market value. and not to forget the maintenance. so if you are planning to buy one you better have a think about the trade off between having a fancy nice car against all the high costs.

sharky what you mean the car get louder as time goes????????

Isnt the dark light on the left projection? Thats what i always thought :D

whoops my bad

sharky what you mean the car get louder as time goes????????

the stock exhausts jus get very loud bro...n ive noticed this on a lot of older beemers...trust me they'r not silencer leaks...

a frnd sold his...was a 95 manual 300- 518 with 30k miles on the clock for 1.5mill...wudve definitly bought it if i cud afford to maintain it...silver car grey leather

What model was it? I saw a 520i, seemed decent. Whats the power and top speed of ur friends car?

What model was it? I saw a 520i, seemed decent. Whats the power and top speed of ur friends car?

I have no clue wat his car was rated at...probably a standard 518 as far as i knw...we didnt test the top speed either...all i knw is the car had closer gear ratios than the standard 518

I have no clue wat his car was rated at...probably a standard 518 as far as i knw...we didnt test the top speed either...all i knw is the car had closer gear ratios than the standard 518

Lovely car to buy for that price.. It would have had LSD as well if it came close ratio ....?

The car pushes only 115hp :) though according to this cool link I found which covers most BMW specs..

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47098

• 10 months later...

the pre 94 bmw 520i was fitted with a m20 engine which has 129bhp not sure of the top speed fuel consumption will be bad if you drive the car hard always or should be around 7 to 8 km per liter if the air flow sensor is ok.timing belt needs to be changed every 30,000miles.quite a nice car for that money check where it has been maintained though

the post 94 bmw 520i was fitted with a m50 engine which has 150bhp timing chain, most ones came with the face lift with bigger kidneys in the front grill

better get a brand new import always if available.

the pre 94 bmw 520i was fitted with a m20 engine which has 129bhp not sure of the top speed fuel consumption will be bad if you drive the car hard always or should be around 7 to 8 km per liter if the air flow sensor is ok.timing belt needs to be changed every 30,000miles.quite a nice car for that money check where it has been maintained though

the post 94 bmw 520i was fitted with a m50 engine which has 150bhp timing chain, most ones came with the face lift with bigger kidneys in the front grill

better get a brand new import always if available.

would you happen to know if there are any E34 M5's in the country?? & if so what the market price would be?

hi devinda,

there is one e34 m5 in sri lanka 19-1000 is the number was bought new by sivaji de soyza.was crashed and is repaired now very rarely see it on the road its now black and a facelifted car with 340bhp. i know the owner can check with him if he is selling.he once said he would give it if he gets three million.

Edited by fulvia

hi devinda,

there is one e34 m5 in sri lanka 19-1000 is the number was bought new by sivaji de soyza.was crashed and is repaired now very rarely see it on the road its now black and a facelifted car with 340bhp. i know the owner can check with him if he is selling.he once said he would give it if he gets three million.

there was a Black 5 series that came for the meet on saturday - is it possible that this is also an M car? i didnt get a chance to look under the hood cuz it was there only for a few minutes...but looked in excellent shape..cosmetically at least

the reason i was was cuz someone said that they had a gun metal colour M5 E34...

...sourcing unmolested cars these days is a hard task... :mellow:

first i've gotta dispose of the ZX,then only will i be able to set the wheels in motion for a new buy...

Is the one on the Modified Fest discussion forum that Kim had posted not an M5? I've never seen it in person, and the poster had mentioned something about an M in there....not sure if it is. I definitely have a thing for the older Ms too! Just yesterday I decided to look around if there are any E28 M5s floating around the market out here..so rare, shame! The E34s are quite a bit easier to find..great cars too! I want one someday..but I want an E30 M3 more! But I think those are more expensive because they've got a cult following (expensive is relative I guess...$20,000 will get you a good one..which is a steal in sri lankan terms I suppose :) )..plus its so much harder to find one that hasn't been messed with. I'll stop rambling now!

Is the one on the Modified Fest discussion forum that Kim had posted not an M5?

..but I want an E30 M3 more!

I'll stop rambling now!

yeah thats the car-i'm also curious to find out if its really an M car... :unsure:

IPB Image

ah the E30 was the purists' choice! :) - but lets not forget the grand daddy of em all the 70's 3.0 CSL :D

and dont worry abt rambling - go right on ahead - your in the right company for it! :lol:

for some reason i also remember having seen a beautiful (very sporty looking) white E34 running around back in the day..can't remember if it was an M5 or not..is this possibly the 19-1000 car that fulvia mentioned? or yet another M5??

for some reason i also remember having seen a beautiful (very sporty looking) white E34 running around back in the day..can't remember if it was an M5 or not..is this possibly the 19-1000 car that fulvia mentioned? or yet another M5??

your right - even i've seen this and up until Fulvia mentioned that the M5 was black ,was under the impression that the White one was the M car! :blink:

somone should make a registry of all "M Power" cars in Sri Lanka ! :D