• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Limousine

hyacc

A limo rental company? Well, props to the proprietors for taking a punt on something very different.

LOL @ how AL went off on the supposed owner's tastes, ego etc. Classic.

Ha ha ha ha couldn't have agreed with you more KLM. What's with all the hating??? We all can stop ripping the poor mudalali fellows now. Even if it was brought down by a mudalali he used his hard earned money to do so compared to the new bread of VVIPs in Sri Lanka who bring down fancy Jag XJs, LRs, X5s etc.

So is this venture something similar to LHD to RHD conversion venture. Bring down the products make a buzz if no one buys ship them back to another country??? Coz like some one mentioned it'll take some time to simply break even by renting these cars. Any ideas on who's behind this bold endeavor?

On a side note talking about hating, Allion/Axio ripping is really getting as boring as fuel consumption and tax treads reminds me of the "crab mothers" story.

Edited by xXx

Just saw the Prado Limo causing heavy traffic in R.A De Mel Mawatha a while back. Apparently the Prado wasn't the only thing on the road catching peoples eyes! (Now wait for it, ur thinking of ladies on top of the Prado arent u?) well naaaaaaaah, the Prado was following a Chrysler 300C Limo! Heavy traffic! 2 limos! Followed by a S Class on hazards! Interesting way to show off!

Machang would you mind explain how the limos cause so much traffic? were they cruising at snail pace? or were the cars passing by slowing down to admire? If its the latter its not the limo owners fault now is it? I can;t see how driving behind two limos any different to been stuck behind two Ashok leyland buses.

Ha ha ha ha couldn't have agreed with you more KLM. What's with all the hating??? We all can stop ripping the poor mudalali fellows now. Even if it was brought down by a mudalali he used his hard earned money to do so compared to the new bread of VVIPs in Sri Lanka who bring down fancy Jag XJs, LRs, X5s etc.

+1

I don't see anything about a limo rental company here, only that they hope to sell it to someone who wants to start one:

http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2011/01/30/stretched-luxury-for-sri-lanka/

Seems like the importer dodged the draft and got the whole lot for 16 million.

Yeah I assumed they would be renting them out as they've branded the sides like a limo rental company would...

bus license... either the importers were really smart and knew this or had a very pleasant surprise when they went down to the port to pay taxes :D

I mean who would have thought of it :D

And somewhere down the thread it was mentioned that it was on sale for 70mil.. fat luck asking for that price now after the newspaper article :D

bus license... either the importers were really smart and knew this or had a very pleasant surprise when they went down to the port to pay taxes :D

I mean who would have thought of it :D

And somewhere down the thread it was mentioned that it was on sale for 70mil.. fat luck asking for that price now after the newspaper article :D

So pretty much anything that can seat 13 should pass as a BUS. Now people will start importing limos leaving all the axios and allions alone.

Bus drivers can now explore possible change of careers to become limo drivers. After all not all drivers have bus license.

Being categorized as a bus, no luxury tax payments either. Money talks louder than words and loopholes can be created where necessary. A great example for double standards may be?

saw it on a blog that these ppl who brought down the LIMO's paid very less tax due to the new tax change laws applied by the gov.

they registered the cars as public transport ... :blink: and the rough tax prices were like 1.5mil for the Prado and 3 mil something for the C300 .... :ninja: smart business

if you know the way you will never end up at a dead end

if you know the way you will never end up at a dead end

+1 for that..

It`s awesome when people hack things, find loopholes, and do different stuff instead of hating everything and dissing Prius`s. lolzz... :D

So pretty much anything that can seat 13 should pass as a BUS. Now people will start importing limos leaving all the axios and allions alone.

Bus drivers can now explore possible change of careers to become limo drivers. After all not all drivers have bus license.

With bus drivers to drive limos, in near future we'll be able to see racing limos at breakneck speed in the streets of Colombo.

so vinil manik is gonna ride around in his odd looking limo.. i dont think any sane couple would want to hire this as thier wedding ride.. its a little godacious and tacky... as i said mudalali = me want big jeep..... :rolleyes:

I do not agree. Its all about perception and its very very subjective .you cant rule out something like this as a mudalali type. Thats not correct. my 2 cents

Deffa right Mrcat ... imagine if you can bring down a Limo for that kind of a tax price to SL

every one who has interests in buying that S class or the 740 can order the much shorter version of the limo with 10 seats, register as a public transportation vehicle and save something like 20 Mil Easy

i personally think the smaller version of the Limo will do good in the SL market with politikko's

barackobamasnewpresiden.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

+1 for that..

It`s awesome when people hack things, find loopholes, and do different stuff instead of hating everything and dissing Prius`s. lolzz... :D

1+

this corolla and prius bashing too is really boring now :P

Deffa right Mrcat ... imagine if you can bring down a Limo for that kind of a tax price to SL

every one who has interests in buying that S class or the 740 can order the much shorter version of the limo with 10 seats, register as a public transportation vehicle and save something like 20 Mil Easy

i personally think the smaller version of the Limo will do good in the SL market with politikko's

That pic you posted made me do some reading on the Presidential Limo and it was an interesting read. Thought of sharing. It has some fancy gadgematics.

Presidential Limo

Below is a pic of it being loaded to an aircraft to be transported.

presidentiallimousinelo.jpg