• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid And Zero-Emissions Vehicles Photos And News

Californikan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

SolarCity home solar recharger for plug-in hybrid and electric cars

Solar recharging means no fuel cost to plug-in hybrid and electric cars drivers

Source: http://green.autoblog.com/2011/08/10/solarcity-offers-solar-powered-chargers-for-your-home/

No cost except for the cost of acquiring and installing the solar panels, of course. It will take years for that sort of thing to be available to home users in this country. In the mean time, SL stays one of the most costly places to acquire electricity in the world.

We are already pushing this idea on a corporate level tho. The Leaf makes a good candidate for a system like the GM one.

And your dearly beloved Prius isn't a plug in.

No cost except for the cost of acquiring and installing the solar panels, of course. It will take years for that sort of thing to be available to home users in this country. In the mean time, SL stays one of the most costly places to acquire electricity in the world.

We are already pushing this idea on a corporate level tho. The Leaf makes a good candidate for a system like the GM one.

And your dearly beloved Prius isn't a plug in.

I agree with you on all counts.

The price of solar panels needs to come down further also. It would be nice if the govt would have taken a little bit of that $450 million for the Norocholai coal plant and done a little test project of subsidized solar panels for the home. The panels are being produced locally I hear, though I don't know how they compare technologically and efficiency wise to the latest German and Chinese panels.

And, yes, my Prius is not a plug in. But, damn, plug-in technology has doubled fuel economy for not only the Prius, but also the Volt and the Karma (vs regular Prius). We've gone from 20+ km/liter to 40+ km/liter...impressive.

Nice thread californikan. Keep it up and don't mind the haters. They only follow Clarkson's words as a bible, so soon as Ferrari or another mainstream supercar manufacturer comes out with a iconic hybrid that punishes the rest (like the Vayron) they will be driving your Prius as a hand me down. :angry-smiley-048: Haters

• Like 2

Nice thread californikan. Keep it up and don't mind the haters. They only follow Clarkson's words as a bible, so soon as Ferrari or another mainstream supercar manufacturer comes out with a iconic hybrid that punishes the rest (like the Vayron) they will be driving your Prius as a hand me down. :angry-smiley-048: Haters

First of,its Veyron.

The "haters" have given very valid reason for not reccomending Hybrids in SL,atleast for now.We welcome high performance hybrids by Ferrari and other supercar manufacturers.

And no.We do not envy a homosexual driving slow,ugly econobox.The cars the "haters" are already driving are much more exciting.

And forgive us for not taking a noob like you seriously.there are a lot of people who doesn't know anything about cars yet pretend to be experts...please move on to elakiri,that is the place for you.

What do you drive BTW?

• Like 1

First of,its Veyron.

The "haters" have given very valid reason for not reccomending Hybrids in SL,atleast for now.We welcome high performance hybrids by Ferrari and other supercar manufacturers.

And no.We do not envy a homosexual driving slow,ugly econobox.The cars the "haters" are already driving are much more exciting.

And forgive us for not taking a noob like you seriously.there are a lot of people who doesn't know anything about cars yet pretend to be experts...please move on to elakiri,that is the place for you.

What do you drive BTW?

I am not talking about hybrids in SL. So don't be an idiot and change the argument into a lengthy pointless one. Since you are not "hater" and welcome hybrids don't comment. If you are frustrated and looking for someone to insult, go and have a wank, or tell your wife to give you one.

I am not talking about hybrids in SL. So don't be an idiot and change the argument into a lengthy pointless one. Since you are not "hater" and welcome hybrids don't comment. If you are frustrated and looking for someone to insult, go and have a wank, or tell your wife to give you one.

What car do you drive?