• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sports Alloys

nazly

Question

Did you try that place at hill street dehiwala near the kottu station? Just looked like they had a good stock. BTW excellent kottu.

nope haven't.. I'm more in the Airport-Bamba route and don't hit towards Dehiwela often.. But will check it out for sure..

Thanks..

Where can I buy used sports alloy wheels? Looking for 14"

I have check JJ and most common locations but couldn't find the design I was looking for..

Please let me know the possible locations where I could look at..

If its not too far for you, there is a place in Kandy Rd - Weveldeniya, Just before the Ve#dol L#n#a facotry. They have a huge collection of alloys, but not sure about the price. If your heading that way make a stop n see... good luck!

I've seen a place in Maradana-Panchikawaththa road and another place in Kelaniya (befor provincial council)

did you search in Malay Street?

I think I saw the spot in Maradana. Need to check it out though.. Will check out the Kelaniya spot as well..

Most of them have more or less the same standard type alloys. What I'm looking is used sports alloys. Can't afford a new one which is available is most locations..

Thanks for your input.. Gives me a list of locations I can add to my check list..

Hey guys... Im looking for 15inch black and red alloy wheels like this : www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/auto_x_Black_Red_lip.jpg

Have looked at JJ, Amila, U&H etc..

Any ideas?

Have any1 seen it?

Love the red lip on the blck alloys..

Saw one at JJ which was silver and red - lookd yuck

a price list...

13" - 15,000

14" - 27,000

15" - 36,000

16" - 41,000

17" - 65,000

18" - 140,000

They said pattern doesn't matter.

All these are for brand new alloys.

Almost everywhere you find only Chinese ones.

Does anybody know a place to get Japanese ones? I've heard that the build quality is far superior in the Jap ones.

a price list...

13" - 15,000

14" - 27,000

15" - 36,000

16" - 41,000

17" - 65,000

18" - 140,000

Does anybody know a place to get Japanese ones? I've heard that the build quality is far superior in the Jap ones.

where is this price list from?

amila auto?

yup tht's usual price at all places...

Did you try that place at hill street dehiwala near the kottu station? Just looked like they had a good stock. BTW excellent kottu.

Where is the spot? Cant remember the exact place. Is this US Mo*ors or Amila ?

Where is the spot? Cant remember the exact place. Is this US Mo*ors or Amila ?

i guess he's referring to the one before amila.... with the board MAXXIS tires

this kothu station is Bilals ?

a price list...

13" - 15,000

14" - 27,000

15" - 36,000

16" - 41,000

17" - 65,000

18" - 140,000

why there is a 75k gap between 17 inch and 18 inch? :unsure:

a price list...

13" - 15,000

14" - 27,000

15" - 36,000

16" - 41,000

17" - 65,000

18" - 140,000

the prices for brandnew alloys were about 26K when i checked and the used ones were starting at about 16k,, are you sure these are brand new alloys, because i went checking for 12 inch alloys in Jan this year.

I think I saw the spot in Maradana. Need to check it out though.. Will check out the Kelaniya spot as well..

Most of them have more or less the same standard type alloys. What I'm looking is used sports alloys. Can't afford a new one which is available is most locations..

Thanks for your input.. Gives me a list of locations I can add to my check list..

just for the info what is the difference between normal and sports alloys......anyone can enlighten me...

just for the info what is the difference between normal and sports alloys......anyone can enlighten me...

normal alloys eka hadala thiyenne normal alloy walin....

sports alloys eka hadala thiyenne sports alloy walin.... hehhehehehhehh :D ROFL

Performance alloys are usually lighter and stronger than normal ones, and as a result, are more expensive.

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking to change my current 15Inch alloy wheels to 14Inch to feel more comfort ride. Currently my Ek3 has 195/55/15 tires and planning to change them to 185/65/14. I have 2 issues to sort out before going for the change.

1. What are the things that should consider when buying Chinese used alloys?

2. Will it really feel a comfort ride with the change?

Please help me to get a decision change the wheels and tire or not.

It will really appreciate all the ideas.

Many Thanks.

don't go for a used Chinese.... usually Chinese stuff come brand new will cost about 28/- for 14

used ones are from japan... checkout JJ at mount or delkanda.

abt the handling and how comfortable would it be - if ur originally EK3 came with 14' then deffa that what's the car was made for - jus my opinion.

check with an expert however. i aint an expert too..

and also... whats the prob with the 15's?

don't go for a used Chinese.... usually Chinese stuff come brand new will cost about 28/- for 14

used ones are from japan... checkout JJ at mount or delkanda.

abt the handling and how comfortable would it be - if ur originally EK3 came with 14' then deffa that what's the car was made for - jus my opinion.

check with an expert however. i aint an expert too..

and also... whats the prob with the 15's?

Thanks for the reply. Yes original wheel size is 14".

15" is uncomfortable and it makes a stiff ride. I have to replace bushes time to time. Now several noises coming from rear end.

Thanks for the reply. Yes original wheel size is 14".

15" is uncomfortable and it makes a stiff ride. I have to replace bushes time to time. Now several noises coming from rear end.

I just swapped my 15" tires with 14" of my friend. It gives me extra comfort tham 15". So I thought of replacing alloys and tires to 14".

I got a deal for Honda Original 14" alloys for 16k. What do you guys say is it worth buying?

there is a place in pasyala kandy road. if you like to have a visit just do. i will provide you the contact details also they got a nice selection (am talking about second hand wheels). price would be 16k for 14 wheels if am not mistaken.

Ya, I went there yesterday!

hi malinda7,

Would you mind, if i request to post the contacts details here for the benifit of all?

there is a place in pasyala kandy road. if you like to have a visit just do. i will provide you the contact details also they got a nice selection (am talking about second hand wheels). price would be 16k for 14 wheels if am not mistaken.