• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight

Phill

Hi all,

I was first planing to import Honda FIT, then after the budget I decided to go for a Hybrid. And I did my research found out I can afford Honda Insight 2009. I already bought it. Now I'm in the process of opening the LC. So If you have driven one of Honda Insight or have any comment on it, please share it with me. I would like to know if anyone of you own one (in Sri lanka), Known issues, good garage etc. Thank you

I found a person who import Honda insight 2004 & selling here.he told me he can give that car for 3.1 million.I saw in Honda website that brand new honda insight is available for 18200 USD.This is almost same as recondition price.

I found a person who import Honda insight 2004 & selling here.he told me he can give that car for 3.1 million.I saw in Honda website that brand new honda insight is available for 18200 USD.This is almost same as recondition price.

I presume 2004 is the YOM, in which case the seller is BS'ing cos you can import something that old. And it (gen1) is a fugly car IMO.

are you serious?...can you import a car manufactured in 2004 to Sri Lanka now? I think only 2007 last lap vehicles are allowed to import to Sri Lanka...not before 2007..

Edited by AbeysinghE

cost calculation for brand new honda insight 2011

http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/

brand new price= 18200 USD

in sri lankan rupees=18200 * 111

=2022032 rupees

when importing total tax component is 37%

so

2022032 + 2022032 * 37%

2022032 + 748151.84

for shipping cost and other overhead =100000

total cost for brand new honda insight 2011 = 2870183.84

If Any one do not agree with me,pls comment

We can import brand new insight 2011 @about 2.8 million.So why we import 2009 recondition one to 3.0 million or something...people are trying to make dump yard in sri lanka for used vehicles.

do you know anywhere we can get an insight at that price?...If that's the case..it's really good value for money..

Edited by AbeysinghE

http://automobiles.h...insight-hybrid/

You're looking at US spec cars and they're not right hand drive. Check these for estimates --

Honda Insight - http://www.honda.co....sight/estimate/

Honda Civic Hybrid - http://www.honda.co....civic/estimate/

Honda CR-Z - http://www.honda.co..../cr-z/estimate/

The range for the Insight is ¥1,890,000~¥2,908,000 which gives around 2.55M - 3.92M Rs. with the Yen taken as 1.35. And shipping and other overheads go more than 100k obviously, put 200k so you can leave room for varying exchange rates etc.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

We can import brand new insight 2011 @about 2.8 million.So why we import 2009 recondition one to 3.0 million or something...people are trying to make dump yard in sri lanka for used vehicles.

Hi bat,

I don't think that is possible. USD 18200 is the US price for basic Honda Insight without any additional option. Story is little different when you try to import it from Japan. let say if you buy it from an auction, it will cost you additionally around Yen 250000 for FOB charges and CIF charges. Stock prices are much higher.

Anyway, i guess you can go for basic Honda Insight (FAT G model) for around 3.6 million with tax.

If you want to go for better model (FAT L or FAT LS) cost will be high and even close to the price of Toyota Prius. Anyway Honda Insight is known as the cheapest Hybrid so with the little tax you have to pay this is a good option to own cheap brand new car.

I contacted Stafford Motors and they said they are planing to import Honda Insight in around 2 or 3 months. I can't guarantee it. So you might get a chance to buy it from the agent.

Edited by Phill

Hi bat,

I don't think that is possible. USD 18200 is the US price for basic Honda Insight without any additional option. Story is little different when you try to import it from Japan. let say if you buy it from an auction, it will cost you additionally around Yen 250000 for FOB charges and CIF charges. Stock prices are much higher.

Anyway, i guess you can go for basic Honda Insight (FAT G model) for around 3.6 million with tax.

If you want to go for better model (FAT L or FAT LS) cost will be high and even close to the price of Toyota Prius. Anyway Honda Insight is known as the cheapest Hybrid so with the little tax you have to pay this is a good option to own cheap brand new car.

I contacted Stafford Motors and they said they are planing to import Honda Insight in around 2 or 3 months. I can't guarantee it. So you might get a chance to buy it from the agent.

Edited by Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I was first planing to import Honda FIT, then after the budget I decided to go for a Hybrid. And I did my research found out I can afford Honda Insight 2009. I already bought it. Now I'm in the process of opening the LC. So If you have driven one of Honda Insight or have any comment on it, please share it with me. I would like to know if anyone of you own one (in Sri lanka), Known issues, good garage etc. Thank you

Hi, hope you have cleared your insight now. I am also planing to import a 2009 insight. how much did it cost you for taxes. is it 40% of the CIF?

Hi, hope you have cleared your insight now. I am also planing to import a 2009 insight. how much did it cost you for taxes. is it 40% of the CIF?

I still haven't. The vehicle is already shipped and I can let you know exact tax after like 2 weeks. I think tax percentage is 15%. I will contact the clearing agent and confirm it.

cost calculation for brand new honda insight 2011

http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/

in sri lankan rupees=18200 * 111

=2022032 rupees

when importing total tax component is 37%

so

2022032 + 2022032 * 37%

2022032 + 748151.84

for shipping cost and other overhead =100000

total cost for brand new honda insight 2011 = 2870183.84

If Any one do not agree with me,pls comment

Tax calculation: Shipping and Insurance is missing. It may cost you something around 20,000/-

Actual CIF : for shipping and other overhead: it most probably involve more than 100k.

I still haven't. The vehicle is already shipped and I can let you know exact tax after like 2 weeks. I think tax percentage is 15%. I will contact the clearing agent and confirm it.

I contacted my agent and he said tax is not reduced any further. And according to him, the tax of 2009 Honda Insight is around 9 laks. So it is kind of higher than even I expected.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the valuation from Stafford for Honda Insight. It is way much higher than I expected. It is even higher than Civic.

FOB Price: 2.1 million Yen

Freight: 90000 Yen

Insuarance: 10000 Yen

FOB price in USA is $18200 for Basic Insight. I was expecting it to be around 1.5 million yen from Stafford. But this is what they gave. :angry-smiley-024:

I got the valuation from Stafford for Honda Insight. It is way much higher than I expected. It is even higher than Civic.

FOB Price: 2.1 million Yen

Freight: 90000 Yen

Insuarance: 10000 Yen

FOB price in USA is $18200 for Basic Insight. I was expecting it to be around 1.5 million yen from Stafford. But this is what they gave. :angry-smiley-024:

Phill,

I think you have to pay around Rs.920,000 for tax.I sent PM to you. Please see it.

Edited by thusithasam