• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight

Phill

Good point pal.... Still I can't find any real life data about this issue....

you are right about that the best thing to do is wait and see what happen in another two or three years then we can see the results. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Staff motors does... Go for them... BUT What is wrong with you car ????.......

Thanks, getting them to check it tomorrow, its not mine, my friends, it had stalled all of a sudden then the ABS signal had come on. its refusing to change the gears it seems.

Thanks, getting them to check it tomorrow, its not mine, my friends, it had stalled all of a sudden then the ABS signal had come on. its refusing to change the gears it seems.

What happened Manji? How is your the now?

Edited by Dinuk

Hello guys need a small favor. One of my friends want to know is it the same insight that you get if he imports from UK? We checked and the DVD nav is not there just the normal radio. but pet*o can put one in for 80000/- :)

So is it better to import from UK or Japan? price is not much differ for the 2009 model.

your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

thanks.

post-47645-081240300 1308812619_thumb.jp

Edited by pug306xsi

Hello guys need a small favor. One of my friends want to know is it the same insight that you get if he imports from UK? We checked and the DVD nav is not there just the normal radio. but pet*o can put one in for 80000/- :)

So is it better to import from UK or Japan? price is not much differ for the 2009 model.

your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

thanks.

This is a base grade model. But UK models have more options than JDMs. And you can't change the language in the multi information display to English on a JDM. I don't know what are the options available in this particular car. But basically UK version is better than Japanese domestic model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tax was only 8 laks. After 70% depreciation. I still haven't test the mileage. Car also has a smooth driving and it is awesome. I like the large side mirrors and see through back panel, because of that it is easy to reverse.

Anyway, does anyone knows where it is possible to convert language in car stereo system. I talked to few companies they said they don't know anyone doing that in Sri Lanka.

Did anyone import honda insight hybrid after tax increase in April?

Any idea what is the total tax we need to pay in Sri Lanka for 2010 vehicle.

I know that tax is said to be 50% but anyone knows what is the exact total tax in SL rupees?

before the tax increase you paid 8 lacks right?

I know that tax is said to be 50% but anyone knows what is the exact total tax in SL rupees?

Yes, I payed 8.4 laks as tax. After tax increase i think it might be arround 1.05 million.

Yes. I paid only 8 laks. It is after depreciation (75% because my car was late 2009) and at the time Yen was around Rs. 1.37. Tax percentage was 39.5%. One of my friend paid around a million after Tax increase and his car was early 2009 (70% after depreciation).