• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz

raaajit

Hi Guyzz,,, :jumping-smiley-013:

Again I need a ltl help from U all....Since I have Brought a KSP90 vitz recently .... I do wanna knw hw to chk my Automatic Transmission Fluid Level of my CVT gear box....Is it possible to chk d lvl by ourselves and beside If I wanna change d ATF hw 2 knw about it ....

Thanxzzz in Advance...

Again I need a ltl help from U all....Since I have Brought a KSP90 vitz recently .... I do wanna knw hw to chk my Automatic Transmission Fluid Level of my CVT gear box....Is it possible to chk d lvl by ourselves and beside If I wanna change d ATF hw 2 knw about it ....

Thanxzzz in Advance...

http://www.howtodothings.com/automotive/a3258-how-to-change-automatic-transmission-fluid.html

This should help, in the case of deciding the ATF fluid type i suggest you refer the manual

http://www.howtodothings.com/automotive/a3258-how-to-change-automatic-transmission-fluid.html

This should help, in the case of deciding the ATF fluid type i suggest you refer the manual

Thanxzzz Matchan...Bt whn Ive asked ab8 it from a service station they said tht KSP90 cms with a lifetime warrnty for the ATF fluid is tht sooo...I mean i'm also confused ab8 it.....Is there any 1 else in here who hav a practical experience to sort out this problem for me

thanxzzzz...

Thanxzzz Matchan...Bt whn Ive asked ab8 it from a service station they said tht KSP90 cms with a lifetime warrnty for the ATF fluid is tht sooo...I mean i'm also confused ab8 it.....Is there any 1 else in here who hav a practical experience to sort out this problem for me

thanxzzzz...

That seems highly unlikely, even thought there is such a thing most international warranties cannot be claimed here in SL.better to check that out from toyota lanka :unsure:

thanxzzzz...

A friend has a Swift in which the CVT box fluid has a lifetime warranty. No dipstick. Guess these new trannys don't need services.

A friend has a Swift in which the CVT box fluid has a lifetime warranty. No dipstick. Guess these new trannys don't need services.

Yeah i heard that too but i think you can only claim it if you buy through the agent :unsure:

Oh Then what is the point of providing international warranty ?

i think international warranty for vehicles are brought through the agent not for vehicles brought individually. correct me if i am wrong

Edited by nexus

Thanxzzz in Advance...

2005 Onward Toyota Vitz comes wid CVT in 1.0 and 1.3. Whereas 1.5 comes wid a ECTi 4 speed auto.A simple check if u want to check whether transmission is CVT or normal auto/prosmatec. Drive the car, if u c RPM drop during gear change, its normal auto. If there is no RPM drop during gear change, then it's CVT. Gear changing in CVT is not actually changing. There are infinite ratios according to which gear box ECU adjusts RPM, so physically there are no gears there..

chcekout this man...Vitz cvt is same as Jazz cvt..here hw CVT works

Edited by AbeysinghE

2005 Onward Toyota Vitz comes wid CVT in 1.0 and 1.3. Whereas 1.5 comes wid a ECTi 4 speed auto.A simple check if u want to check whether transmission is CVT or normal auto/prosmatec. Drive the car, if u c RPM drop during gear change, its normal auto. If there is no RPM drop during gear change, then it's CVT. Gear changing in CVT is not actually changing. There are infinite ratios according to which gear box ECU adjusts RPM, so physically there are no gears there..

chcekout this man...Vitz cvt is same as Jazz cvt..here hw CVT works

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thanxzzzz a lot Matchan for sharing this valuable info but still no 1 in here yet been able to understand my prob.

What I'm asking is "HOW FREQUENT SHOULD I CHANGE MY CVT FLUID IN MY KSP90 AND IS IT POSSIBLE FOR IT TO HAV A LIFE TIME WARRENTY" :jumping-smiley-013:

Well then do ask a person who knows Japanese to translate it for you :) No English manuals for most JDM cars afaik, and the export version of the Vitz came with A/T, not CVT if I'm not mistaken

It has gear positions saying P,R,N,D,S,B isnt tht an indication for a CVT gear box.

It has gear positions saying P,R,N,D,S,B isnt tht an indication for a CVT gear box.

here we go again. when you drive do you feel any gear changers? If you feel like driving in one gear then most likely its a CVT :)

No man, I meant your car does have a CVT gearbox, no doubt about that. But the export model, called the Yaris hatchback in SL has A/T, same case in many other countries. So best is to ask a person to translate the owners manual as I've said before too, or ask the agents, though I'm not sure how helpful they'd be as you've not bought the model they import.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thanxzzzz a lot Matchan for sharing this valuable info but still no 1 in here yet been able to understand my prob.

What I'm asking is "HOW FREQUENT SHOULD I CHANGE MY CVT FLUID IN MY KSP90 AND IS IT POSSIBLE FOR IT TO HAV A LIFE TIME WARRENTY" :jumping-smiley-013:

machan you can get a manual for Honda Jazz..you can get an english version i suppose..it's CVT system is same as VITZ ..maybe it's better for you to change it per 50,000 km to be in safe side..for honda Jazz it's 80,000 km..check this out

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/problems.htm

Pick up the phone and call Toyota Lanka and give them your chassy number (or VIN number). They will tell you exactly what you have and what you need to do.

Here is a link to the European version of the Vitz sold as the Yaris. Please note there might be differences in spec so please use it only as a general guide.

http://etimago.com/yaris/repairmanual/Owner's%20Manual.pdf

http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/bwaftersales/downloads/brief/YARIS.pdf