• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Mark X Or Toyota Camry

rockerz

Similarly priced, but the very basic Camry seems to come with more options than the most basic Mark X, but the latter surpasses in higher trims in both features and price. The Mark X is RWD so should be more fun to drive while the Camry is a FWD, plus though Mark X is slightly heavier, and got a bigger 6 cylinder engine, the factory claimed F/C is less than the Camry. Have a look at JDM specs

Similarly priced, but the very basic Camry seems to come with more options than the most basic Mark X, but the latter surpasses in higher trims in both features and price. The Mark X is RWD so should be more fun to drive while the Camry is a FWD, plus though Mark X is slightly heavier, and got a bigger 6 cylinder engine, the factory claimed F/C is less than the Camry. Have a look at JDM specs

do you know the price of both cars in Sri Lanka...there must be some grade in both cars thats common in Sri Lanka!

do you know the price of both cars in Sri Lanka...there must be some grade in both cars thats common in Sri Lanka!

Unreg, both go around 6M mark.

Anyway - Camry http://www.autolanka...d=&search=Camry

Mark X - There are two unreg http://www.autolanka...=22&search=Mark

There were two reg ones for sale and was around 4M or so IIRC

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Unreg, both go around 6M mark.

Anyway - Camry http://www.autolanka...d=&search=Camry

Mark X - There are two unreg http://www.autolanka...=22&search=Mark

There were two reg ones for sale and was around 4M or so IIRC

damn!! dats a gud price for a registered Mark X 5775000...u guys were ryt..the Toyota Allion/Premio are over priced!!

Yea even though the car is slightly older, that's the nature in SL, more upmarket cars going for lesser prices than the lower segment cars. Even the older version is better than the newer lower market vehicle of the same manufacturer. Can see clearly with the Nissan Cefiro A32 giving itself to FB15 while the A33 gave it to FN16, though the Cefiro was one gen early each time.

I think you meant 5.7M is a good price for an unreg Mark X?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Yea even though the car is slightly older, that's the nature in SL, more upmarket cars going for lesser prices than the lower segment cars. Even the older version is better than the newer lower market vehicle of the same manufacturer. Can see clearly with the Nissan Cefiro A32 giving itself to FB15 while the A33 gave it to FN16, though the Cefiro was one gen early each time.

I think you meant 5.7M is a good price for an unreg Mark X?

Dual exhaust and the general stance of the mark x look fantastic! in 2009 they introduced the newer version which doesnt seem to appear yet on sri lankan classifieds !

actually i spotted some difernce between the registrd one and unregistrd....the unregistered one seem to lack some features like multifunction and push start...mayb thats the reason y its around 1 million cheapr!! and the smaller cars have a higher market price here cause sri lankan buyers are fuel economy concernd!

thankx for the specs!

go for mark X as it is a car one league above. actually with a poorer suspension architecture and relatively less sophisticated components than rivals, camry has the underppings of a bread and butter model, where it is sold as such in USA.

bdw if prices are similar then nissan teana MK2 (successor of nissan cefiro) would be a strong choice as well. this teana sells like hot cakes in asia since it is a very good car in luxury terms. the one is saw in close quaters few months back in sri lanka made me drool all over it.

Teana_Mk2_2.jpg

Teana_Mk2_dash.jpg

Edited by isurujosh

The Mark X is a decent looking car to be sure, especially with the OEM 18" rims. That said, the interior (of all the ones I've seen at least) appears very chintzy and feels sub-par in comparison to the rest of the car. Seems (sadly) to be a trend with most of the newer model Toyota's. Also they're becoming increasingly common on the roads now, though still no where near as frequent as the Camry, which incidentally has a (slightly) better interior IMO.

go for mark X as it is a car one league above. actually with a poorer suspension architecture and relatively less sophisticated components than rivals, camry has the underppings of a bread and butter model, where it is sold as such in USA.

bdw if prices are similar then nissan teana MK2 (successor of nissan cefiro) would be a strong choice as well. this teana sells like hot cakes in asia since it is a very good car in luxury terms. the one is saw in close quaters few months back in sri lanka made me drool all over it.

Teana_Mk2_2.jpg

Teana_Mk2_dash.jpg

hey can i have some more details on the Teanna.....like the price in sri lanka, engine size, fuel efficeincy, features

The Mark X is a decent looking car to be sure, especially with the OEM 18" rims. That said, the interior (of all the ones I've seen at least) appears very chintzy and feels sub-par in comparison to the rest of the car. Seems (sadly) to be a trend with most of the newer model Toyota's. Also they're becoming increasingly common on the roads now, though still no where near as frequent as the Camry, which incidentally has a (slightly) better interior IMO.

hey wot about the fuel efficiency of Mark X....wot do u mean camry has a better interior? no Chance!

hey can i have some more details on the Teanna.....like the price in sri lanka, engine size, fuel efficeincy, features

hey wot about the fuel efficiency of Mark X....wot do u mean camry has a better interior? no Chance!

if u r "very" concerned about fuel econo then you'd better stay away from teana. i think it'd be about 1 kmpl less efficient than camry.

OP if you are asking about fuel economy you really shouldn't be looking at any of these cars!

you can compare a teana to the camry. both are comfortable luxo barges and are meant to be driven in! the new teana in particular looks gorgeous and nissan has done a top job on the interior in particular.

the mark x more a drivers car and competes with BMW 3 series, Skyline V36 and Mercedes C class in the japanese market.

OP if you are asking about fuel economy you really shouldn't be looking at any of these cars!

you can compare a teana to the camry. both are comfortable luxo barges and are meant to be driven in! the new teana in particular looks gorgeous and nissan has done a top job on the interior in particular.

the mark x more a drivers car and competes with BMW 3 series, Skyline V36 and Mercedes C class in the japanese market.

U sure abt that? the mark x sure looks nice, but such a bulky car competing with the c class / skyline / 3 series category? :huh:

Well the C class and 3 series aside, Toyota seems to be giving good competition for the Skyline V36 atleast, specs seems ahead. Funny that the Mark X gives slightly more power yet slightly better economy too and yet at a lower price :)

Edit - Have I got the facts wrong or is the 2010 BMW 335i and C350 less powerful than a Mark X, and more expensive while the twin turbo beemer is better on fuel?? blink.gif Now that's not how it's normally known..

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Yes if you look at some of the reviews on JDM cars, the new Skylines and Mark X were designed to compete with the entry level German sports sedans in the Japanese market. Of course an European executive car should still give you better driving pleasure. but these JDM's are priced lower, have very decent specs, are fast and handle well and are supposedly more spacious.

You can buy the mark x for about Rs 5.2 million now better than any axio or allion.

X

actually...the X is not comparable to allion and axio in any form....X is in a totally different segment altogether!

a buddy at work sold his v35 and got an X a couple of months back. amazing car....

sad that toyota can't or dont want to transfer some of the attributes to their other mainstream models...

Edited by Ripper