• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Check Abs Light Appears After Service

TharakaWi

Hi guys,

I took my Passo for a service last week. Since then, the "Check ABS" light is on. I told the guys in service, they were no help at all.

1. Do u guys have any idea why this problem is (apart from that there is something wrong with ABS ;) ), and what may have caused this?

2. Do u guys know any good garage, who has the equipments to read the ECU and fix the error?

Service ppl had done an engine room clean, may be they have broken some :huh:

where did you get it serviced? If its a reputed place or the agents you really need to make a big fuss about it.

you can try disconnecting your battery overnight and see if the light comes back on. if it does there is a chance you have a faulty ABS sensor which needs to be replaced.

get it checked asap though, don't compromise on your car's safety by having a faulty break mechanism. agents would be the safest bet to repair especially if its a new car.

you can try disconnecting your battery overnight and see if the light comes back on. if it does there is a chance you have a faulty ABS sensor which needs to be replaced.

Don't do it. If you have a navigation car audio disconnecting battery will screw everything. And AFAIK disconnecting battery terminals won't erase fault records from the ECU. You need a OBD scanner to erase the fault records.

Hi guys,

I took my Passo for a service last week. Since then, the "Check ABS" light is on. I told the guys in service, they were no help at all.

1. Do u guys have any idea why this problem is (apart from that there is something wrong with ABS ;) ), and what may have caused this?

They might have screwed up a sensor or else might be the Control unit

as most of the guys have said i too believe that this is caused by a faulty sensor.. it might have been loosen.. so better check all the wire connections. and dont drive your on long distance journeys under this condition plus keep your speed low until this is rectified.

Cheers, :alc:

Archon

Don't do it. If you have a navigation car audio disconnecting battery will screw everything. And AFAIK disconnecting battery terminals won't erase fault records from the ECU. You need a OBD scanner to erase the fault records.

I tried disconnecting the battery for 10-15 mins. But it didn't work :(

If you live in the Nugegoda/ Nawala area, Macro Autotech is quite reasonable, but if you can, do go to Toyota Lanka as their diagnosis equipment would probably be the best for the job. Once the diagnosis is done you can always get the work done somewhere else if the agents prove too expensive.

Disconnect the battery, Jack the front end, pull out the ABS sensor out from each wheel, wipe clean with a clean cloth, or if you have WD40, spray and wipe well, put back securely. Check for loose connections, frayed wires, etc. Repeat for rear wheels. Connect the battery, start and see.

Also at the same time, pull out the wire harness from the ABS unit in the engine bay, check for moisture or loose connection.

If you got those monkeys at the car wash to 'wash the 'engine', then there is a good chance water got in.

But pray that the electronics are not fried due to short circuit due to water in the system.

Driving without ABS has no effect on the brakes at all. Don't worry.

Also, avoid letting anyone with a high pressure water hose anywhere near the engine bay... dirty engines are happy engines..:)

well. there is a another little trick to do.. it works on some cars.. usually when they jack up the car and do things some the sensors seem to go bonkers.. take car the car out make sure u have some clean road ahead.. around 400 meters..

drive the car to around 45kmh and brake hard.. see if the light goes off..