• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

'94 D21 Body On A Datsun ' 84 720

rayman

Hey guys how easy is it to put a D21 body on a '84 Datsun? I've seen many converted D21's with 28 Sri Plates. I'm quite keen on the the idea and can someone please provide me some insight on the matter? How much does a complete D21 body go for these days? (with interior) and What if I import my own body from Japan? Is it possible? Do I have to apply for a body permit?

Thank you!

I'm not sure if the newer body will go on the older chassis. I wonder if the 28Sri D21s are actually body permit imported D21s with older vehicle documents, though to be honest I have no idea.

I think the body permit scheme has not been discontinued because of various abuses of the system.

the 720D,520D, and also the 620D chassis can be fitted with a D21 and D22.. :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: i have a 40-xxxx 1980 720D fitted with a 1994 D21.. :alc: and the vehicle is solid and running excellent..there are also 28 sri vehicles fitted with the same body.. i dont know wthr these chassis can be fitted with the new Navara but i have seen D22 bodies fixed to 28sri cabs one was for sale recently and there is one running in colombo... BUT the chassis of these vehicle are found in two types one is the thick chassis and the other is the thn one... but this makes no difference the cab and he bed fit perfectly...

for all double cabs from all brands this is the same..any new body fits...

Edited by nadz

if your thinking about bringing down the body and then doing the swap i think its going to take alot of time and effort, from what i know it is illegal to bring down the body unless you have a permit. why not just get one which has already done the swap ive seen quite a few 40 sri numbers running on D21 bodies even 28 sri. I dont think they just fix the body to the 720 chasis they would prob engrave the 720 chasis number on to the D21 chasis. im not sure on the legalities of doing this but id prefer to get something someone else has done and run it through rmv to see if you get the green light.

i asked a person who does this..and he said body permits are not required for double cabs and crew cabs... its perfectly Ok to fit a body to any chassis. but their was a dramatic increase in bodies or "gedi". check kuruneagala and vijerama side...

i asked a person who does this..and he said body permits are not required for double cabs and crew cabs... its perfectly Ok to fit a body to any chassis. but their was a dramatic increase in bodies or "gedi". check kuruneagala and vijerama side...

are you sure about this nadz ? if it is then it is a good news for lots of cab owners. :)

Someone taking you for a ride, I think. If he does it, then I think its just a sales talk to move products that are actually illegal.

sorry to burst your bubble mate..it is illegal..which is why you need to get a body permit

well guys... IT IS illegal.... :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: true..what i said was its not necessary..... according to rulz fitting a different wheel to a vehicle is illegal :D :D what im trying to say is that no one ever is going to screw you for fitting a cabin or a bed to a double cab... the guy i spoke with is doing defenders, land cruisers which were bought from army. for those not having a body permit is risky..... but cabs doesn't have this problem.... once the body is fitted and the aluminum tag has been replaced with the old one. there is nothing anyone can do.. its not what you know its what you can prove :ninja: :ninja: .

i have been using a 40-xxxx D21 for years now,my friend uses a 52-xxxx d22, we also have another 27-xxxx Isuzu 2001 cab... since i went through this procedure i know the situation...

well guys... IT IS illegal.... :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: true..what i said was its not necessary..... according to rulz fitting a different wheel to a vehicle is illegal :D :D what im trying to say is that no one ever is going to screw you for fitting a cabin or a bed to a double cab... the guy i spoke with is doing defenders, land cruisers which were bought from army. for those not having a body permit is risky..... but cabs doesn't have this problem.... once the body is fitted and the aluminum tag has been replaced with the old one. there is nothing anyone can do.. its not what you know its what you can prove :ninja: :ninja: .

i have been using a 40-xxxx D21 for years now,my friend uses a 52-xxxx d22, we also have another 27-xxxx Isuzu 2001 cab... since i went through this procedure i know the situation...

body fitted cab can take bank loans or finance to it?