• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Adjusting The Shock Absorber Tension

ANUSH

Question

Hi friends ,

I have a mazda demio (2001 DW3W) car and it is very uncomfortable on drive.So I checked it with the Mag city and they said nothing is wrong and shocks(With coil springs) are also in good condition.But definitely the car is very harsh and really difficult to drive on average roads.What I feel is that coil springs are too stiff and it does not absorb a normal shock.

Is there any possibility to adjust the tension of the coil springs by loosening the upper bolt of the shock.

Please help me on this since non of the garage people are advising me correctly.

thnx

3 answers to this question

Hi friends ,

I have a mazda demio (2001 DW3W) car and it is very uncomfortable on drive.So I checked it with the Mag city and they said nothing is wrong and shocks(With coil springs) are also in good condition.But definitely the car is very harsh and really difficult to drive on average roads.What I feel is that coil springs are too stiff and it does not absorb a normal shock.

Is there any possibility to adjust the tension of the coil springs by loosening the upper bolt of the shock.

Please help me on this since non of the garage people are advising me correctly.

thnx

If you've got adjustable suspension i guess it's possible to adjust no idea about the stock ones. And is it having original suspension or after market ones?

and are you using Low profile tires?

Edited by kelum_wj

If you've got adjustable suspension i guess it's possible to adjust no idea about the stock ones. And is it having original suspension or after market ones?

and are you using Low profile tires?

I don't think the shocks are adjustable ones.Present shocks are recondition japanese demio shocks(According to Mag city) and they confirm that the shocks are in order.

My Tyre size is 175/70/14 and not low profile.

You can look in to the picture and I'm referring to the 19mm nut which holds the coil spring.If I loosen it,will the shocks be more smoother.(photo is not the actual one)

post-44400-061914300 1297613610_thumb.jp

I don't think the shocks are adjustable ones.Present shocks are recondition japanese demio shocks(According to Mag city) and they confirm that the shocks are in order.

My Tyre size is 175/70/14 and not low profile.

You can look in to the picture and I'm referring to the 19mm nut which holds the coil spring.If I loosen it,will the shocks be more smoother.(photo is not the actual one)

for gods sake don't do it, you'll snap the threads of the shock shaft and it'll be even noisier. I don't give a rat's a$$ on what mag city says knowing their capabilities. Get it checked from a competent garage guy or this rough handling may be default for this model. Issue could be someone replaced the shocks with gas pressured ones as oppose to oil pressured ones. Usually the GAS pressured ones are stiff and hold on to the road better by compromising comfort. Oil pressured ones are for better comfort at the cost of handling.