• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does Wingroad Y11 Have Timing Belts

sampa

Hi,

I recently perches a Nissan wingroad y11. I guess this has a QG15DE. Please correct me if Iam wrong.

Can some one please let me know does this engine has a timing belt or a timing Chane. If it has a timing belt from how many KM does i need to change it.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I recently perches a Nissan wingroad y11. I guess this has a QG15DE. Please correct me if Iam wrong.

Can some one please let me know does this engine has a timing belt or a timing Chane. If it has a timing belt from how many KM does i need to change it.

Thanks in advance

Timing Chain.

That is a timing belt (100,000 KM, though actually speaking you need to follow the change interval set by the manufacturer as this would be more or less than 100,000 KM).

The timing chains on the other hand could theoretically last the life time of the engine. If there are problems with the chain, failures tend to happen earlier in the life cycle rather than later. You could get it checked for play and abnormal noises, especially from the adjuster bearing, but generally it's not a part you'd need to worry too much about.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

It has a timing chain, most car have to replace then somewhere between 70-90k.

If you have the car manual it should have all the details

It has a timing chain, most car have to replace then somewhere between 70-90k.

If you have the car manual it should have all the details

Stiggy boy, unless the timing chain becomes faulty you don't have to replace it. It's a bit like the big end bearings, pistons and so on. When they wear off you replace them, but you can't put a mileage on it. I'll have it inspected and replaced if necessary. The adjuster bearings start making noise a long time before the chain gives out, so that is what I'll watch out for.

Timing belts on the other hand are different. Each car has an interval at which it is recommended to change the timing belt. In most cars its close to 70-75K miles but in some cars it can be as low as 50K miles (Please note I've used miles here than kilometres.).

Stiggy boy, unless the timing chain becomes faulty you don't have to replace it. It's a bit like the big end bearings, pistons and so on. When they wear off you replace them, but you can't put a mileage on it. I'll have it inspected and replaced if necessary. The adjuster bearings start making noise a long time before the chain gives out, so that is what I'll watch out for.

Timing belts on the other hand are different. Each car has an interval at which it is recommended to change the timing belt. In most cars its close to 70-75K miles but in some cars it can be as low as 50K miles (Please note I've used miles here than kilometres.).

Hand on experience, my cousin had a wingroad and had to replace the chain after about 75k. Thats why i said it, i know most cars dont have a specific time to change the chains. But i think the wingroad has some issue there. That was not a "you have to replace your chains after 75k" its more like "better get them checked every 75k" :D:alc: