• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Alerm Getting On ??

Uditha88

Hi Friends,

This is regarding Stee*Mat* security alarm.

The functionalities are the basics.

1. You should lock/unlock by the two buttons on the key tag.

2. If car is locked, somebody opens with a key, alarm starts

But it was noticed that there's a time that alarm gets on even though car is not locked by the key.

It Happens if the car is driven, park, off the engine, driver get off, close driving door, keep without locking, & then open the driving door::

Alarm starts.

Couldn't recreate the issue.

Can you please explain what this situation is?

Thanks.

Edited by Uditha88

Hi Friends,

But it was noticed that there's a time that alarm gets on even though car is not locked by the key.

It Happens if the car is driven, park, off the engine, driver get off, close driving door, keep without locking, & then open the driving door::

Alarm starts.

Thanks.

Seems to me you have a problem with the wiring of the system.......or rather mis handled wiring.

Or there's a fault in the system itself.

Best have it seen to, by the people who isntalled it.

Edited by SHAI

Hi Friends,

Alarm starts.

Thanks.

It is not a fault, same thing happens in our N16, I think its a safety feature, incase of you forget to lock the doors or activate the security system manually the security system gets activated automatically after some time.

It is not a fault, same thing happens in our N16, I think its a safety feature, incase of you forget to lock the doors or activate the security system manually the security system gets activated automatically after some time.

Thaks TD.

I also thought is it something like that.(Everything working fine also)

Anyway that feature too not bad. :rolleyes:

It was not able to re-create due to time I spent I guess.

Is it something Nissan specific or in common?

Thaks TD.

I also thought is it something like that.(Everything working fine also)

Anyway that feature too not bad. :rolleyes:

It was not able to re-create due to time I spent I guess.

Is it something Nissan specific or in common?

No, I think its a feature of the security system....

Hi Friends,

Alarm starts.[

Thanks.

Ahhh yes.....It seems I've misunderstood what he'd said ..... :rolleyes:

Edited by SHAI

Hi Friends,

Alarm starts.

Thanks.

mate its not a fault..our one its the same... :alc:

see wen you stop the engine and wait for some time without locking then the system thinks that you forget to lock the car..

then in the remote panel you can see the word "AUTO ARM"

that means all the security functions are activated..

so when you open the door for sure the alarm will come..

when the AUTO ARM comes then unlock from the unlock button...then the word "AUTO ARM" goes off from the display panel..that means security fictions deactivated now.

then you can open the door without getting the alarm...

this is also a safety feature...dont worry about it mate...

our one cost 19,000/=

there are many more fuctions in that..so please read the manual dude.. B):alc:

i think steel mate is a goood one for that amount..

Hi Friends,

Alarm starts.

Thanks.

Yep buddy, that's a standard feature on all steal mate alarms.

for an instant if you forget to lock the car the car waits for 20s and gives 3 click sounds to notify you that you haven't locked the car then after some time it automatically locks the car by itself ( the problem with this if you have actually left the keys inside the car, then you'll be locked out)

As far as i know the only way to stop this is to keep a door open or to turn the ignition on.

But its not programed to lock when the car is driving, it only locks the doors when the brakes are pressed ( the alarm is not activated when the key is in the ignition)

I don't think that the alarm turns on when the car is being driven, cause if that's the case the alarm has an immobilizer and it will shut off the car. so i think your claim is not accurate, but if it does activate the alarm when the ignition is on you better get it checked cause either your immobilizer isn't working ( cause its suppose to stop the car when the alarm is on and apparently it doesn't) or your alarm has a fault ( cause its not suppose to arm itself when the ignition is on)

Need any help just let me know. i have ripped the whole system off a car and fitted it to another one, so i know this thing inside out :D

:alc:

Edited by The Stig

mate its not a fault..our one its the same... :alc:

see wen you stop the engine and wait for some time without locking then the system thinks that you forget to lock the car..

then in the remote panel you can see the word "AUTO ARM"

that means all the security functions are activated..

so when you open the door for sure the alarm will come..

when the AUTO ARM comes then unlock from the unlock button...then the word "AUTO ARM" goes off from the display panel..that means security fictions deactivated now.

then you can open the door without getting the alarm...

You are assuming that this car has a remote with a display, I dont think a remote that has a display falls under the category "The functionalities are the basics" :action-smiley-060::rolleyes:

You are assuming that this car has a remote with a display, I dont think a remote that has a display falls under the category "The functionalities are the basics" :action-smiley-060::rolleyes:

you dont think a remote that has a display falls under the category?????

oh you are working in sun lanka or what?

it falls under this category..

you better check before you comment.. :action-smiley-060::violent-smiley-027:

you dont think a remote that has a display falls under the category?????

oh you are working in sun lanka or what?

it falls under this category..

you better check before you comment.. :action-smiley-060::violent-smiley-027:

Either you didn't understand what i said or you are just another classic case of a dumbass !

A remote that has a display is not a basic model.Its a 2 way system where as a basic is something that only has 4 or 2 buttons without a display and is only a one way system !

1 way (basic)- http://www.steel-mate.com/product.php?cid=72310〈=enus&product=1-way_car_alarm_systems

2 way ( advanced)- http://www.steel-mate.com/product.php?cid=72309〈=enus&product=2-way_car_alarm_systems

got it ? need me to spoon feed it to you ?

Maybe you should do some research before you make retarded comments <_<:box:

Edit: sorry for posting links to a direct site Peri, but i had to prove my point. you can take off the links if you think its inappropriate :)