• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About Da Mazda 3

shane6399

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice kit. what does the rear look like... it will look hot iwth dimantha's rims

yep, been finding them for the last 3 months, he he. i`m going to singapore next month. will try and check there. :D

this is how the behind looks like, :D

vortex042mu.th.jpg

vortex094on.th.jpg

@Velocity

bro how much did the body kit cost u?

and how much does it cost to convert ma suspension to sports??

i hav 17 inch rim with 45 tyre size but i still feel uncomfortable...

pls help me out:D

@Zul from where are you importing?? how much did it cost you??

@Velocity

So u feel uncomfortable, and ur solution is the convert the suspension to sports ...... :D

hey dims, im getin down the vortex body kit. may be in 1 week i`l get it. its shown in the picture below(the one which the arrow is pointed at). if u have the alloys i would be deligted to purchase it. :D

i havent considered abut gettin lowering springs, is it ajustable? :)

vortex0723xs.th.jpg

if the body kit you bring is what is in the white car on the left side. its copy of one of our designs by a singapore company.Our was called GTVR and they did some changes to it and named it something else. by the way that kit has double silencer rear.

maz0403el019ox.jpg

check the rear with them. Its the same, but they have tried to insert some extra holes. :)

maz0403gtvr037nt.jpg

hey dims, im getin down the vortex body kit. may be in 1 week i`l get it. its shown in the picture below(the one which the arrow is pointed at). if u have the alloys i would be deligted to purchase it. :D

i havent considered abut gettin lowering springs, is it ajustable? :)

vortex0723xs.th.jpg

by the way i have allready sold those wheels. springs are not adjustable. but very good comfort and extremely stable at high speeds.

@Velocity

its from singapore. i dont know how much its costing, i have a choice to chose any kit i want, im getin it as a gift. so i might get this one down. i guess it must be costing around 80000 buck. not sure.

by the way i have allready sold those wheels. springs are not adjustable. but very good comfort and extremely stable at high speeds.

my e-mail address id is [email protected]. u can email me the price.

sorry bro, i didnt know its a copy of ur bodykit. yea its similar. the accoleds bodykits are also available in singapore, but they are too low to use in sl. if suddenly my car falls into a hole, its gone. (i`l have to import a kit per week)

the web site of that body kit place in singapore is www.visionworkz.com.sg. that where i got the pics from.

@Prev what is the best solution then??

:D

OK, I'll try to go thru this slowly, and u try to stay with me on this one...

Sports suspensions tend to be harder than normal street suspension.

Harder suspension means the will jolt more rather than moving smoothly

therefore, the people in the car get jolted more

therefore, it is less comfortable.

Still with me? :D

If u want to experience a comfortable ride, try a BMW or Benz. I can honestly say the rides in madmax's BM and Benz was outstanding, even tho I never got to drive the Merc myself. And that Merc had 17inch rims and a sportier suspension setup than a standard E-class! :P

Dims machan, wht brand are these lowering srpings? is it specifically for the mazda 3? jus wondering if it will fit my car....

Dims machan, wht brand are these lowering srpings? is it specifically for the mazda 3? jus wondering if it will fit my car....

machan it will not fit other cars, I have suspension for Mazda 3 as well do you remember 323 RS Hatch I had, I have the used set of set that as well,

Machan springs change from model to model. The Brand I used is www.apexsuspension.com

these stuff are so good comfortwise and handlingwise.

@Dims any comments on ma frnd's suspension thingy??

@Prev

if u dont mind can i knw madmax's bmw 320d's purchase price??

zeem lowering springs are for countries which have very smooth roads, becuase lowering your car will increase the handling and because its carpet the comfortability will be the same with a bit harsh ride noticed only on ramps and other type of humps.

But if you use lowering springs on with the original shock on roads such as ours ( So many Pot Holes ) it will distroy the cars bushes and also be a strain on the chasis. But if you are only using in colombo. its quite ok

Lowering Springs increase the Look of the car and gives better handling.

- point is harsh ride and your original shocks wear of quickly.

nice kit. what does the rear look like... it will look hot iwth dimantha's rims

fuzzo wanted to buy these rims for his xtrail, I totally discouraged him to go for 18's on his xtrail,

Today he is a happy father with a wise decsion made

Any of u hav driven a Mazdaspeed 3 at a speed of more than 120 kmph...

If u r a very confident driver... jus temme how u felt when u criused at more than 140 kmph.

Note:I;m not talkin abt tat hatchback version of this car...

hey lil_shane :D

Any of u hav driven a Mazdaspeed 3 at a speed of more than 120 kmph... = YES

just tell me how u felt when u cruised at more than 140 kmph. = DEAD STEADY CAR… YOU DON’T FEEL NOTHING…..BUT DON’T TRY

This is my baby 2006 Mazda3 GT.... Link to my car Click here

pict26186kl.jpg

pict38874ac.jpg

hey lil_shane :D

Any of u hav driven a Mazdaspeed 3 at a speed of more than 120 kmph... = YES

just tell me how u felt when u cruised at more than 140 kmph. = DEAD STEADY CAR… YOU DON’T FEEL NOTHING…..BUT DON’T TRY

This is my baby 2006 Mazda3 GT.... Link to my car Click here

pict26186kl.jpg

pict38874ac.jpg

oh man!!! i love to have a 2.3 with a 5 gear transmision, but too bad i only have a 1.6ltr 4gear car :D. awsam ride man. it took me some time to touch 160 im my car. how did u manage to take the picture in the car @ 160? wernt u looking at the road?????? :D

oh man!!! i love to have a 2.3 with a 5 gear transmision, but too bad i only have a 1.6ltr 4gear car :D. awsam ride man. it took me some time to touch 160 im my car. how did u manage to take the picture in the car @ 160? wernt u looking at the road?????? :D

thanx bro... my brother -in-low took this picture while I was driving …. :D

oh, was wondering how the pic is so clear. he he. hey dude, have u added any mods to the car?

machan … :D I haven’t done anything to the car yet… I didn’t realize I was doing 160 km on the H/W 407.... :D ask from any of your friends who live down here about H/W 407… even if you go 220 km your car wont shake... :D everyday grandma’s n' grandpa’s driving 120 km on regular H/W over here... so it’’s not a big deal……n’ thanx 2 the newest technology ( Sony cyber-shot DSC-T9 Digital Camera ) for the unshaken picture….. :D

machan … :D I haven’t done anything to the car yet… I didn’t realize I was doing 160 km on the H/W 407.... :D ask from any of your friends who live down here about H/W 407… even if you go 220 km your car wont shake... :D everyday grandma’s n' grandpa’s driving 120 km on regular H/W over here... so it’’s not a big deal……n’ thanx 2 the newest technology ( Sony cyber-shot DSC-T9 Digital Camera ) for the unshaken picture….. :D

hey bro cool, i didnt say it was fake or something, was just kiddin. he he. damn, :o, i`v herd about h/w 407. we might get a similar highway here in sri lanka by the time our great grand children start drivin. :D

@pericles...

xactly i want 2 convert it 2 sports suspension...

but i hav no idea how much its gonna cost...

@velocity

Like i said...

i put 17" rims & 45 tyre size... but i feel very uncomfortable when i fly at more than 120 bcuz of da sri lankan roadz...

convertin it 2 sports suspension is a good idea.. but i hav no idea how much its gonna cost...

Today he is a happy father with a wise decsion made

true this!

i put 17" rims & 45 tyre size... but i feel very uncomfortable when i fly at more than 120 bcuz of da sri lankan roadz...

convertin it 2 sports suspension is a good idea.. but i hav no idea how much its gonna cost...

do you realize that if you put i n "sports suspension" your ride is going to get MORE uncomfortable.. so why do youwant to do it?

@pericles...

xactly i want 2 convert it 2 sports suspension...

but i hav no idea how much its gonna cost...

@velocity

Like i said...

hey dont get me wrong, just try and reduce ur tyre presure a bit and then try. better try it on marine drive at night time. so that u can touch a high speed. (starting from Marry brown to MC).

hey dont get me wrong, just try and reduce ur tyre presure a bit and then try. better try it on marine drive at night time. so that u can touch a high speed. (starting from Marry brown to MC).

Might help slightly in the short run, but it could wreck your tires and increase your fuel consumption in the long run. Could be a safety issue too since your doing 100km + the last thing you want is compromised tires and handling.

Might help slightly in the short run, but it could wreck your tires and increase your fuel consumption in the long run. Could be a safety issue too since your doing 100km + the last thing you want is compromised tires and handling.

I agree- always follow the specified tyre pressure. If the car is not stable in a straight line it can be due to a number of reasons besides the tyres.. Dont mean the boast, but I've taken a '94 323 with another two people in the car to 160 on the Galle Road (5 years ago :) ) without alloys, so I'd expect that to be lot easier in a newer car on a good road.

Of course uneven tyre pressures can cause the car to be unstable another reason can be the steering rack, defective suspension parts, incorrect wheel alignment..