• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan March K11

don03

4355995140_e76ed9b30b.jpg

Im planning to buy this car.. the bottom-line is i know nothing abt cars.. & this is my 1st car, all i know is I can spend abt 1-1.1mil & i need a car which has a nice interior & exterior & a one with the most recent year of make. also with a decent petrol consumption

so guys whoever know abt this K11 can u pleas tell me wat r the pros n cons of buying this?? any alternative suggestions??

please help this poor bugger.. thanx.,. :D :D :D :D

Yeah as The Don said the 1L version is majorly underpowered,not just the fuel economy but its also pretty bad in acceleration as well. when i want to overtake its like " going going going ......... still going........... ahhh finally there "

And also it would be better if you get a manual instead of an auto, thats the only way to cope with the bad throttle response.

Im not trying to create a negative image here but as a user of a k11 my self i would not recommend the car to anyone i know. Its an overall failure, its bad on fuel, bad on performance, not the best ride comfort in the segment, and it has the worst brakes out of all the cars that i have driven <_<

Maybe you should consider an alternative car like a starlet :alc:

Yeah .. you get tired just trying to overtake long vehicles and/or remotely fast moving cars - if it's an auto you'd need to kick and stand on the gas pedal <_<

Anyways, I wouldn't say it's a really bad car - you CAN nip around in the traffic (like a 3 wheeler!! :ninja: ) and park in the most impossible spots. Repairs are relatively easy to go by as well.

But generally not worth the trouble if you're bothered with fuel consumption etc. A good car for a non-concerned lady though.

Edited by vishkid

March is not a good option mate. :violent-smiley-099:and it does not have a second hand market even. :action-smiley-060: so if u can go to a starlet for bettr perfomance and fuel !! Cheers !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't know if you're about the 2nd hand market - as I'm yet to see any 2001/2 K11's getting offered less than 1.2 million, in advertisements.

My friend bought a K11 (2001 Auto 1000cc) in 2010 for 1.23M and sold it last month for 1.295M. :)

Demand is still there even with the influx of brand new run-abouts.

Yeah as The Don said the 1L version is majorly underpowered,not just the fuel economy but its also pretty bad in acceleration as well. when i want to overtake its like " going going going ......... still going........... ahhh finally there "

And also it would be better if you get a manual instead of an auto, thats the only way to cope with the bad throttle response.

Im not trying to create a negative image here but as a user of a k11 my self i would not recommend the car to anyone i know. Its an overall failure, its bad on fuel, bad on performance, not the best ride comfort in the segment, and it has the worst brakes out of all the cars that i have driven <_<

Maybe you should consider an alternative car like a starlet :alc:

Yeah so after a lot of research & recommendations the stupid K11 is out of ma head. so vl not talk abt it anymore... :D, afterall the Starlet has topped my list in every aspect & the GT turbo is the one im after right now, i dnt like the EP91, it has a feminine touch, i love the EP82 which is gud in liik but a bit old though. I would go go for a GT itself or will get a 1995 EP82 & kit it to a GT which will cost abt 50k. So any ideas abt the GT???

well the pic you have put is my car :D which I sold 3 months back

It has a spoiler addition since the photo was taken.

I hope don03 is mentioning March K11 in general than buying this exact car :D

lol. guess i just missed it by 3 months :D, anyways i dnt tink ill go for a K11, looking for a Starlet GT.

Btw.. wats d camera u used to take these pics?? :)

Yeah so after a lot of research & recommendations the stupid K11 is out of ma head. so vl not talk abt it anymore... :D, afterall the Starlet has topped my list in every aspect & the GT turbo is the one im after right now, i dnt like the EP91, it has a feminine touch, i love the EP82 which is gud in liik but a bit old though. I would go go for a GT itself or will get a 1995 EP82 & kit it to a GT which will cost abt 50k. So any ideas abt the GT???

ha....now you are talking :D EP 82 is a nice car and a power house if its a GT. my only worry is whether you could find a gt kit.

Good decision :)

yeah the ep92 does heve a little bit of feminine touch into it

I think trying to fing and original gt is the best option cause turbo conversions can be messy.

but if you are going to do a conversion i think US mot*rs has GT conversion kits, you can get it done from senok or we have some other GT conversion experts.

I know I myself advised the OP to buy a 1.3L. But I've had the opportunity of driving around in a 1.0L Micra for a little time, and I didn't really have that big a problem hitting 70MPH on the Motorways. I did have to rev the engine a lot to get there so it wasn't a very economical drive but thanks to some clever gear ratios speed wasn't that big an issue and so wasn't acceleration.

I've driven both auto 1.0 and manual 1.3 K11; The auto 1.0 kind of gets stuck at 80kmh and needs a bit of work to nudge past 100kmh.

1.3 goes to 100kmh+ without an issue.

if your budget permits considering a different car make/model, you will be better off I guess.

One of my relatives had to buy one due to YOM limitations and budget restrictions his employer enforced in the vehicle loan. I went through a stringent filtering criteria and selected one. A 2002 cup holder model and it ran about two years without any issues. After that some issues popped up, fuel consumption went from bad to worse, one A/C hose blew off, suspension rattles were couldn't solved, specially the rattle of the steering rack despite it's being EPS. Best thing is it started a habit of over heating as soon as it 'sees' an inclined road.

Driven the same car around Colombo and Outstation couple of times. Lower-end pick-up and pulling is ok but beyond 60, it'll scream but no go. Remember chasing after a dump truck sorta thing from Marawila on Chilaw road and for about good 5-6 kms I couldn't overtake the lorry despite the best of the efforts and I gave up. Needless to say only I was inside the car.

But all in all as a family person, he's very happy with the vehicle he doesn't need to rage with other vehicles and he doesn't know what those small rattles and noises means or whether those are there until I point out.

Good decision :)

yeah the ep92 does heve a little bit of feminine touch into it

I think trying to fing and original gt is the best option cause turbo conversions can be messy.

but if you are going to do a conversion i think US mot*rs has GT conversion kits, you can get it done from senok or we have some other GT conversion experts.

well im not so worried abt the GT engine, i just like its look & i feel like driving it whn i see it, so if i cnt find a GT in good condition ill go for a 1995 EP82 & kit the body to a GT (engine will remain the same) with a beat barrel it will make some noise like a GT. so these places u told.. do they do the body kits as well?/? if not can u recommend me a place where i can get the body done (somewhere with a moderate price, not Dumi##a)

thanx

well im not so worried abt the GT engine, i just like its look & i feel like driving it whn i see it, so if i cnt find a GT in good condition ill go for a 1995 EP82 & kit the body to a GT (engine will remain the same) with a beat barrel it will make some noise like a GT. so these places u told.. do they do the body kits as well?/? if not can u recommend me a place where i can get the body done (somewhere with a moderate price, not Dumi##a)

thanx

Bro beat barrels wont even come close to the sound of a turbocharged engine, if you are going to that might i suggest this http://www.turbowhistler.net/turbo-whistle/index.htm

But you will still miss the BOV whoosh noise which is the best part of having a turbo

No the guys i mention only sell OEM parts, if you dont like dum*nda there are other options too,im not exactly a fan of modifications :)

I guess you can open a new thread and ask for an alternative place :alc:

No the guys i mention only sell OEM parts, if you dont like dum*nda there are other options too,im not exactly a fan of modifications :)

I guess you can open a new thread and ask for an alternative place :alc:

No no, plenty of old threads discussing body kit places.

thanx

Bro the Beat barell will not give you the Turbo sound.Try Euronippon wadduwa. You might be able to source GT parts :)

If u are making it look like a GT you will have to change the Front & rear bumpers,Headlamps including grille,bonnet and Tail lamps

Edited by kelum_wj

Bro the Beat barell will not give you the Turbo sound.Try Euronippon wadduwa. You might be able to source GT parts :)

If u are making it look like a GT you will have to change the Front & rear bumpers,Headlamps including grille,bonnet and Tail lamps

this will provide the car with +20 BHP