• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sportage Or Hyundai Tuscon

malikweerasiri

Not sure what your time frame is for the purchase of a vehicle, but since you are going for a brand new 2011 vehicle another option to consider might be waiting for the all new 2012 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid (and the Toyota reputation, reliability, resale value, fuel savings and the hybrid tax savings that will come with it).

http://www.hybridcars.com/news/toyota-confirms-rav4-hybrid-27338.html

As far as the Tucson vs Sportage is concerned, Google "Tucson vs Sportage". You will find direct comparisons of the two.

Here's one of them......

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1047826_car-compare-2010-hyundai-tucson-vs-2011-kia-sportage

But really it comes down to your preference. Do some thorough research, test drive the choices more than once and see which one you like the best.

Edited by Californikan

you better read comments and have a look at this also - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100710040145AA2J6mk

i also don't think they will shut down in 2011.

i would definitely go with sportage if i were you.

Thats actually inaccurate mate

Kia actually out sold Audi, BMW, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Subaru, SAAB, Suzuki, Volvo, and Volkswagen in the year 2010

Infact Kia outsold Audi, Mazda, Mitsubishi, SAAB, Suzuki, and Volkswagen combined. !

On the question of comparison there isnt much difference between them in terms of performance or mpg or even looks.The only noticeable difference would be the interior and the engines.

But Personally i would go for the sportage :alc:

there are several factors to consider before you make a decision

both these vehicles are in high demand worldwide so you will most likely have to face some production delays

keep in mind that hyundai own kia so basically this is the same vehicle only the interior and exterior trims will differ

i personally own a new tucson had to wait nearly 5 months for the car, finally got the vehicle early this year, after having used the vehicle for 2 months i can tell u that it is excellent it is hard to belive how much hyundai have improved in such a short amount of time, keep in mind that this like the sportage also is a crossover so it drives more like a car, i certainly prefer the tucson to the rav4 which i have driven many times, only badge snobbery will make you purchase a rav4 at this point of time, if u can wait there is a hybrid tucson in the works so it should be launched in the near future

Edited by gpmac

Thats actually inaccurate mate

Kia actually out sold Audi, BMW, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Subaru, SAAB, Suzuki, Volvo, and Volkswagen in the year 2010

Infact Kia outsold Audi, Mazda, Mitsubishi, SAAB, Suzuki, and Volkswagen combined. !

On the question of comparison there isnt much difference between them in terms of performance or mpg or even looks.The only noticeable difference would be the interior and the engines.

But Personally i would go for the sportage :alc:

Thanks for clarifying that buddy. I am also looking for a ride, so this info will expand my options too.

Edited by Crosswind