• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Common Issues With Ek3

macroxx

Well I've been using it for 1.5yrs now. Didn't had issue in allignment so far. But I've used to get it checked and adjusted in every other service or so.

I also get the Kiri Kiri noice from back righ hand corner, which I noticed from some interior. But it doesn't come in carpetted roads.

My biggest issue is the low ground clearence with 15' rim and with front lips.

All 4 doors are very rough, I tried with oil,grease but still the same.

Only sensor related issue I had is the TPS sensor fault. Just got cleaned and now good as new.

The kiri kiri sound that comes from the back- maybe from the interior plastic panels moving on their mounts- happens due to age and because the panels are lightweight stuff- compared to say toyota. Not sure how it can be fixed. Also if the sound only comes from the right- there is a possibility that its related to the exhaust or pipes- since they run on the same side; the exhaust rubber bushes tend to get wasted, if there is lot of vibration coming along the pipes- which is usually the case if you are running a straight through setup

Thanks for your respond pil, But the sound was not there before replacing the bushes. It comes after I replace the bushes, I guess its a mechanic's fault. :action-smiley-060: I must mention that he swapped the lower arms when fixing it. I had to take the car back to them to swap it again. :violent-smiley-030:

Thanks for your respond pil, But the sound was not there before replacing the bushes. It comes after I replace the bushes, I guess its a mechanic's fault. :action-smiley-060: I must mention that he swapped the lower arms when fixing it. I had to take the car back to them to swap it again. :violent-smiley-030:

i highly doubt the noice is due to the new bushes. you would have alredy had the noice but you might had bigger issues to listen to than listing to this kiri kiri noice i guess :D by the way, who was the mechanic?

i highly doubt the noice is due to the new bushes. you would have alredy had the noice but you might had bigger issues to listen to than listing to this kiri kiri noice i guess :D by the way, who was the mechanic?

AKF Nugegoda kandawaththa road, But for god sake machan, don't go there :D . I quit visiting that place after this. :action-smiley-060: . True machan there are other things which I have to worry ;):D

Well I've been using it for 1.5yrs now. Didn't had issue in allignment so far. But I've used to get it checked and adjusted in every other service or so.

I also get the Kiri Kiri noice from back righ hand corner, which I noticed from some interior. But it doesn't come in carpetted roads.

My biggest issue is the low ground clearence with 15' rim and with front lips.

All 4 doors are very rough, I tried with oil,grease but still the same.

Only sensor related issue I had is the TPS sensor fault. Just got cleaned and now good as new.

Seems like no solution for the door issue machan.

What is with the sensor machan, Can you share your experiences with us?

Correct machan, it will only reduce the noise. It will come up later on. I did reshape it and it only reduce the noise, but its ok with me for the moment. Any ideas about fixing the suspension issue you told? I did complete suspension job for the front and replaced all the rear bushing, but sometimes when I travel over a bumpy road "kiri" "kiri" sound :D coming from the rear. I must mention that I still did not replaced the rear shocks. Any place to buy a shock couple for cheep price? :rolleyes:

macroxx, how much did you cost so far for the suspension thing?

And Guys, how much will it cost for complete suspension change if genuine parts used? (EK3)

AKF Nugegoda kandawaththa road, But for god sake machan, don't go there :D . I quit visiting that place after this. :action-smiley-060: . True machan there are other things which I have to worry ;):D

just wanted to find out who the makabass was. not to pay a courtesy visit :P

macroxx, how much did you cost so far for the suspension thing?

And Guys, how much will it cost for complete suspension change if genuine parts used? (EK3)

Well machan, for the front it cost me little Rs.65,000 :action-smiley-060: (including upper arm set, lower control arm, etc.)and for the rear bushings another Rs.18,000. :alc:

Well machan, for the front it cost me little Rs.65,000 :action-smiley-060: (including upper arm set, lower control arm, etc.)and for the rear bushings another Rs.18,000. :alc:

jeeze...what the hell was wrong with the front suspension when you bought it? seems there wasnt anything in good order in your front suspension :D

jeeze...what the hell was wrong with the front suspension when you bought it? seems there wasnt anything in good order in your front suspension :D

Yep, damn it was. Actually It cost me Rs.20,000 just for the upper arm set from the agents and another 16,000 I guess for the shocks. :( What to do.

I heared Zaki is doing complete engine tune-ups including Tappet adjustments, pressure checking, injector cleaning, AF ratio checking, etc. for rs6,500 I guess. What do you guys think about that? Does that worth? and is he good? I only heard about him :rolleyes:

I think its worth as u get it done once in a while.He's a Honda Expert bro,He knows his job well so shouldn't worry about his workmanship.

The Agents charge Rs 3000 for just the Tune up

Edited by kelum_wj

I think its worth as u get it done once in a while.He's a Honda Expert bro,He knows his job well so shouldn't worry about his workmanship.

The Agents charge Rs 3000 for just the Tune up

Thanks fro the reply bro. Sure I am thinking of taking my baby to him and do the tuneup. I think i am hearing a little tappet noise too, so that I can get it all fixed. :alc: I searched the forum and have seen some other interesting feedbacks for his work. :rolleyes: So i have no doubt :)

Seems like no solution for the door issue machan.

What is with the sensor machan, Can you share your experiences with us?

There was honda sensor thread which I expalined it. However this is what happened. TPS (throttle position sensor) voltage was low, which means the ECU thing the throttle was closed. Thus cut of the fuel. This result in sudden RPM drop (2K/2.5K to 1K). This results rpm fluctuation and if you continue to move you will have quick jerks.

Also note I've got feedback from some, its not only TPS failure cause this. But IAC, MAF sensor failures can have similar issues. However in my case if was TPS.

There was honda sensor thread which I expalined it. However this is what happened. TPS (throttle position sensor) voltage was low, which means the ECU thing the throttle was closed. Thus cut of the fuel. This result in sudden RPM drop (2K/2.5K to 1K). This results rpm fluctuation and if you continue to move you will have quick jerks.

Also note I've got feedback from some, its not only TPS failure cause this. But IAC, MAF sensor failures can have similar issues. However in my case if was TPS.

In mine, after running for sometime (after reaching running temp) RPM stays very low, like almost 100-300, if I dnt rev a bit, car might almost stall (om gear, not idle). And at times quick jerks are noticeable as you mentioned in your case. Could it be TPS? But this doesn't happen always, kind of random. When normal, idle rpm stays around 700-900.

Anyway I did a tuneup last week so gotta see if it has changed anything...

In mine, after running for sometime (after reaching running temp) RPM stays very low, like almost 100-300, if I dnt rev a bit, car might almost stall (om gear, not idle). And at times quick jerks are noticeable as you mentioned in your case. Could it be TPS? But this doesn't happen always, kind of random. When normal, idle rpm stays around 700-900.

Anyway I did a tuneup last week so gotta see if it has changed anything...

Bro It could be the MAF too.Get the MAF cleaned if the problem exist. Theres a high possibility of MAF being covered with dust if your running a CAI or Cone intake :)

Edited by kelum_wj

You mean the map sensor or? Am not sure where MAF is located in an OBD1 D15b..

The D15B doesn't have a MAF sensor, it's got only a MAP sensor so you're correct. And IIRC, you're using an A*M intake right? As it's on the throttle body, could very well be dirty