• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Common Issues With Ek3

macroxx

In mine, after running for sometime (after reaching running temp) RPM stays very low, like almost 100-300, if I dnt rev a bit, car might almost stall (om gear, not idle). And at times quick jerks are noticeable as you mentioned in your case. Could it be TPS? But this doesn't happen always, kind of random. When normal, idle rpm stays around 700-900.

Anyway I did a tuneup last week so gotta see if it has changed anything...

Some times mine rpm drops 300 - 500, but it happen very randomly specially if I stuck in a traffic. When moving very slowly in fist gear and when clutch fully engaged to stop movment, rpm drops very low and keep it for while. But it has not effected performance or fuel economy so far.

Some times mine rpm drops 300 - 500, but it happen very randomly specially if I stuck in a traffic. When moving very slowly in fist gear and when clutch fully engaged to stop movment, rpm drops very low and keep it for while. But it has not effected performance or fuel economy so far.

thats a common issue in d15b. i never came across anyone who could rectify that. in a way it doesnt do any harm too. i thought the culprit was IACV but cleaning that didnt help.

Yup the idle problem is a common issue. What you can do is set the idle slightly higher, but this will effect fuel consumption. (not a real solution- as the ECU tends to make corrections on this)

Other than that- keep the whole intake system clean and keep an eye on the AC idle up valve, to minimize the problem.

I have no proof & this is just a theory- the issue may have something to do with emission control setup.. which is usually altered during a car's life span

Edited by Elvis_Pil

Exactly, that's what I meant. Noticeably, happens with A/C on while moving slowly in a traffic.

Yup the idle problem is a common issue. What you can do is set the idle slightly higher, but this will effect fuel consumption. (not a real solution- as the ECU tends to make corrections on this)

Other than that- keep the whole intake system clean and keep an eye on the AC idle up valve, to minimize the problem.

I have no proof & this is just a theory- the issue may have something to do with emission control setup.. which is usually altered during a car's life span

setting the idle higher is a temporary soultion like you said. the ECU sets it back to the correct idle speed after some time..i have tried all of these :D

only disappointment is when you drive a newer car with a smooth idle, then we worry about ours. apart from that it doesnt have anything to do with the performance!

Yes I think we all have the same issue or may be it's not an issue at all. Only difference I noticed is after a tune up with a new air filter for about 2 months you can have very smooth idle. But after again with dusty roads and every thing else this happen. So either we can keep doing tune ups in every 3 months or start to live with it as long as it dosn't escelate further.

Edited by MkX

Yes I think we all have the same issue or may be it's not an issue at all. Only difference I noticed is after a tune up with a new air filter for about 2 months you can have very smooth idle. But after again with dusty roads and every thing else this happen. So either we can keep doing tune ups in every 3 months or start to live with it as long as it dosn't escelate further.

correct..i wonder whther replacing the IACV would sort this out. anyone has experince?

correct..i wonder whther replacing the IACV would sort this out. anyone has experince?

Well they have suggested a few things in the article:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/honda-iacv-explained-967.html

But it seems to be more an electrical thing with the sensor not responding fast enough to a load- as the engine timing not being increased when needed.

And they say that it can also be caused by leaks.

Well they have suggested a few things in the article:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/honda-iacv-explained-967.html

But it seems to be more an electrical thing with the sensor not responding fast enough to a load- as the engine timing not being increased when needed.

And they say that it can also be caused by leaks.

good article. leaks could mainly be the vaccume leaks i suppose.

Machan, where can I find the MAP sensor and the IAC Valve in d15z4? And also can I clean the MAP sensor?

you can buy both recondition and brand new. try the usual dealers. delkanda.

what were the things they attended to during the tune up?

Injector cleaning and replacing injector filtor, throttle body and IACV cleaning, Tappet adjustment and I replaced the petrol filter as well machan.

Cheers :alc:

poor guy :D must have got mixed up with something else!

Here we go bro, If you haven't seen it :action-smiley-060: Most of the people doesn't even know about this filter. :rolleyes: Even it is really hard to find these in SL. But I know a place where you can get these... :rolleyes: who wants to know ;)

Fuel-Injector-Filter-CF-106-for-Honda.jpg

Edited by macroxx

Here we go bro, If you haven't seen it :action-smiley-060: Most of the people doesn't even know about this filter. :rolleyes: Even it is really hard to find these in SL. But I know a place where you can get these... :rolleyes: who wants to know ;)

Fuel-Injector-Filter-CF-106-for-Honda.jpg

what is the whole point of replacing this? :blink:

what is the whole point of replacing this? :blink:

Filters get dirty machan. All 4 filters were a bit dirty (grayed) in my case, so I replaced all of em. It will filter fuel before entering into injectors. Petrol filter do the same thing, but who knows about the fuel rail and piping? might have dirt inside. Anyways my car's mileage is now 126,000 and I am pretty sure this is the first time the filters got replaced. Anyways, having a dirty filter will not effect the power like hell :angry-smiley-048: . But better to replace when you replace the fuel filter. Besides it cost only Rs.1500 :rolleyes:

Guys, I think I am hearing a piston slap from my D15z4. :( First I thought it's a tappet noise, and got the tappet adjusted. But the sound is still there. Anyways its time for me to change the engine oil as well. But If I Go for the repair, what are the things should I do or replace? And any idea about the cost? One of my friend got the same problem in his exi and overhauled the engine and he told me it seems like a common issue with D15z4s is it true? :blink: