• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Going On The Left

coolcar

The City Traffic police said that they will implement the existing law that buses, lorries, trishaws and other heavy vehicles should use the left lane within the Colombo City limits.

The law was in action but we couldn’t implement it for different reasons, Rs.550 would be fined from any offender who goes against this law, the Traffic police said.

source daily mirror

The City Traffic police said that they will implement the existing law that buses, lorries, trishaws and other heavy vehicles should use the left lane within the Colombo City limits.

The law was in action but we couldn’t implement it for different reasons, Rs.550 would be fined from any offender who goes against this law, the Traffic police said.

source daily mirror

Anyone know why? I mean, what changed so that they can implement it now?

Anyone know why? I mean, what changed so that they can implement it now?

I have no idea what changed but im pretty sure like all the traffic laws, its not here to stay :rolleyes:

apparently this was enforced and strictly followed in Colombo - Negombo road. At least about 03 years back for that matter. Used to travel daily on that road back then and driving is a charm on that road knowing the fact that there's no bus, lorry/prime mover or trishaw guys to cut into my lane all of a sudden. Only issue was reckless bike riders. They should be more focused on tightening the screws for reckless bike riders and they're in dozens on the road on any day.

apparently this was enforced and strictly followed in Colombo - Negombo road. At least about 03 years back for that matter. Used to travel daily on that road back then and driving is a charm on that road knowing the fact that there's no bus, lorry/prime mover or trishaw guys to cut into my lane all of a sudden. Only issue was reckless bike riders. They should be more focused on tightening the screws for reckless bike riders and they're in dozens on the road on any day.

+1

Very true..

+1 on Bikes ..

I'm for anything that stops buses from cutting in to 'fast' lane like mo bikes .. and threewheelers (barely) moving at 20kmh from hogging the same.

I'm all for co-existence, so long as no one hogs an otherwise free lane!! :lol:

I think buses are much less of a problem than motorcycles. Sonething really needs to be done about it. The majority of these people on motorcycles should not have a license to begin with.

• Like 1

I think buses are much less of a problem than motorcycles. Sonething really needs to be done about it. The majority of these people on motorcycles should not have a license to begin with.

:grinning-smiley-003:

ditto that.. buses can manage, at least can see them big enough to manage or to avoid an accident let's say. But these sprats don't know basics in driving let alone road rules or don't know what RISK is. What I always say is, in most they go scot free at someone else's efforts or burden. I mean, if decide not to turn the nose of my vehicle and save lots of insane riders, I know for sure they'll end up kissing another vehicle or front side fender of my car. With all due respect to sane and disciplined riders, they too should be limited to left lane or cops should start fining rigorously for reckless driving.

ditto that.. buses can manage, at least can see them big enough to manage or to avoid an accident let's say. But these sprats don't know basics in driving let alone road rules or don't know what RISK is. What I always say is, in most they go scot free at someone else's efforts or burden. I mean, if decide not to turn the nose of my vehicle and save lots of insane riders, I know for sure they'll end up kissing another vehicle or front side fender of my car. With all due respect to sane and disciplined riders, they too should be limited to left lane or cops should start fining rigorously for reckless driving.

The most annoying part is when in traffic these buggers are like playing "gas maru", jumping from lane to lane.And when you block their path intentionally they look at us like we are the one's who are the undisciplined drivers <_<

And when you block their path intentionally they look at us like we are the one's who are the undisciplined drivers <_<

One guy yelled at my brother when he blocked the path. He has anger managment issues so it didn't end well at all.

The most annoying part is when in traffic these buggers are like playing "gas maru", jumping from lane to lane.And when you block their path intentionally they look at us like we are the one's who are the undisciplined drivers <_<

yes it is most annoying when they do it. :angry: specially bikers and three wheel drivers do it all the time.

p.s no disrespect to bikers here in autolanka

One guy yelled at my brother when he blocked the path. He has anger managment issues so it didn't end well at all.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Edited by nexus

For Colombo Nebombo Road yes its +1

Not only bikers, it kills my blood when Pedestrians jump in to the lanes from nowhere at night. :violent-smiley-099:

Hmm... Another Side....

+

Regarding 3-wheelers, i think they always bother about the "time" as the nature of their job.

So they don't care others. They are crazy..

For Colombo Nebombo Road yes its +1

Not only bikers, it kills my blood when Pedestrians jump in to the lanes from nowhere at night. :violent-smiley-099:

+1 for that

Most of them thinks the whole road is a yellow crossing...can cross from anywhere anytime without even looking at the incomming traffic :angry:

Hmm... Another Side....

+

Regarding 3-wheelers, i think they always bother about the "time" as the nature of their job.

So they don't care others. They are crazy..

+1 100 percent true :D

+1 for that

Most of them thinks the whole road is a yellow crossing...can cross from anywhere anytime without even looking at the incomming traffic :angry:

and when we stop they are looking at us like we are the wrong ones :angry:

I guess the best option is to buy a big 4x4, mount a big dangerous looking grill on the front, fix sharp spears on the alloys, fix some massive exhausts, paint it matte black, and just drive around with a crazed expression. Ain't no one gonna mess with ya baby.

• Like 1

I guess the best option is to buy a big 4x4, mount a big dangerous looking grill on the front, fix sharp spears on the alloys, fix some massive exhausts, paint it matte black, and just drive around with a crazed expression. Ain't no one gonna mess with ya baby.

Good ol' Tata 909 bus with lot of rust would do it too !

yeah like a monster truck :D

it really works. I had peace of mind when I was driving the J44 to work. None dared to come closer or ride closer. There were few incidents or encounters with riders I cannot quote in a public forum. :)