• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Inspection Certificate

gterral

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between JAAI certificate and Bureau Veritas certificate? Are both issuing for the same purpose and using for the same pupose?

'gterral'

To my knowledge JAAI is only operating in Japan to inspect Automobiles.

Bureau Veritas is a International organization mostly focused their activities for management of various business Establishments and their safety standards.If I am not mistaken they had a office in Srilanka I had got their services about 40 years ago.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

AFAIK, the end purpose is the same. JAAI is obviously specific for Japan Vehicles taken out on auctions there.

BV has an office in SL. Both certifications are internationally valid.

AFAIK, the end purpose is the same. JAAI is obviously specific for Japan Vehicles taken out on auctions there.

BV has an office in SL. Both certifications are internationally valid.

'vishkid',

You are correct BV has two officers in Srilanka.BV certifications are good for new articles.

If you go for a Exported used Automibile inspection claim in Srilanka to court of justice the case will drag on for years by that time the imported Vehicle will be old. 19 years ago I was called for evidence for a similer civil case which took to end up in five years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'gterral'

To my knowledge JAAI is only operating in Japan to inspect Automobiles.

Bureau Veritas is a International organization mostly focused their activities for management of various business Establishments and their safety standards.If I am not mistaken they had a office in Srilanka I had got their services about 40 years ago.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank you verymuch for all the information. I recently looked for a car and the car seller told me all the documents are available even the JAAI certificate. but by the time I purchase it, he said JAAI is not available but BV certificate is availalbe and it is also issuing for the same purpose.

Thank you very much for all the information. I recently looked for a car and the car seller told me all the documents are available even the JAAI certificate. but by the time I purchase it, he said JAAI is not available but BV certificate is available and it is also issuing for the same purpose.

'gterral,

BV certificate I have not gone through carefully please check your Odometer reading is on that certificate.During the days I imported Vehicles JAAI was the only certificate in Japan.

Yesterday I did work on a car which had JAAI and BV stickers both on the Windshield forget to find out the certificates of same with the new buyer it was still on trade plates. Will inform in two or three days about Japenese cars have both certificates or only one I definitely know JAAI give the Odometer reading during the inspection. Some Importers adjust the meter in Srilanka to get a better value.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'gterral,

BV certificate I have not gone through carefully please check your Odometer reading is on that certificate.During the days I imported Vehicles JAAI was the only certificate in Japan.

Yesterday I did work on a car which had JAAI and BV stickers both on the Windshield forget to find out the certificates of same with the new buyer it was still on trade plates. Will inform in two or three days about Japenese cars have both certificates or only one I definitely know JAAI give the Odometer reading during the inspection. Some Importers adjust the meter in Srilanka to get a better value.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yes odometer is correct. car has 16480 and the certificate has 16434 (difference could be from harbour to the location)and I found the BV sticker is on the windshield. Thanks again.