• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Is The Honda City? (1998-2001)

don03

How is the City? is it better than the same range Toyata's or Nissan's? wat r the differences btween the 98,99,2000,2001 models??

People say the Honda parts are expensive & this does not have a 2nd hand market, well its not that we change the parts everyday so im not worried abt the prices of these parts...& i think it has a decent petrol consumption as well, Basically wat are the Pros & cons of buying this?

honda_city_2905728_orig.jpg

How is the City? is it better than the same range Toyata's or Nissan's? wat r the differences btween the 98,99,2000,2001 models??

People say the Honda parts are expensive & this does not have a 2nd hand market, well its not that we change the parts everyday so im not worried abt the prices of these parts...& i think it has a decent petrol consumption as well, Basically wat are the Pros & cons of buying this?

honda_city_2905728_orig.jpg

city is the cheaper and smaller version of honda civic. it was honda's answer to toyota soluna, which was supposed to be a scaled back corolla for developing countries. used one for nearly 5 years. i agree honda parts are relatively little bit more expensive.

under traffic automatics gives about 9.5kmpl on average, manual give upto 12kmpl. long distance you might even exceed 16kmpl. the vtec models are faster than those average corolla and sunny.

cons: slightly less spacious, comfortable than sunny and corolla. the car is made of a thinner metal so might be more suceptible for corrosion in the long run. corosion wasn't a problem for us becuase we got the car unregistered and sold it before the car got much older. 2nd hand market is very good around colombo and suburbs but poor in outstation in parts where people don't know the existence of cars other than corolla and sunny.

Edited by isurujosh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

city is the cheaper and smaller version of honda civic. it was honda's answer to toyota soluna, which was supposed to be a scaled back corolla for developing countries. used one for nearly 5 years. i agree honda parts are relatively little bit more expensive.

under traffic automatics gives about 9.5kmpl on average, manual give upto 12kmpl. long distance you might even exceed 16kmpl. the vtec models are faster than those average corolla and sunny.

cons: slightly less spacious, comfortable than sunny and corolla. the car is made of a thinner metal so might be more suceptible for corrosion in the long run. corosion wasn't a problem for us becuase we got the car unregistered and sold it before the car got much older. 2nd hand market is very good around colombo and suburbs but poor in outstation in parts where people don't know the existence of cars other than corolla and sunny.

thanx for the info machan..,.are there any major differences btween the models from 1998 to 2001?

thanx for the info machan..,.are there any major differences btween the models from 1998 to 2001?

no idea. few friends had a YOM2000 ones and they seemed quite smiliar to mine YOM2001, that's all i know about other YOM cars of the smilar looking model.

Sorry to interrupt the topic... I jst bought a city YOM 2000 for 14.25... Is it worth ? one owner car with 111,000 Kms on the clock...The Vtech version with the D15 engine.. Aslo just want to know if anyone knows where can i buy the gauge clusters for this....

Sorry to interrupt the topic... I jst bought a city YOM 2000 for 14.25... Is it worth ? one owner car with 111,000 Kms on the clock...The Vtech version with the D15 engine.. Aslo just want to know if anyone knows where can i buy the gauge clusters for this....

Auto or Manual?It's worth I guess (*If u got it 25k cheap would have been a good deal though).Try Tech motors.

Edited by kelum_wj

LOL You bought the car and now only you want to know if its a good buy :rolleyes:

that would be a b15c engine in the honda city not d15 found in civic. there are quite a few differences between the two engines.

• 1 year later...

Hello Mr Isuru,

Can you give the some figure about fuel consumption of Honda city 2001 auto,

Im really appreciate your early answer?

Thank you

regard

Amila