• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Car Less Than 1.2M And Between 1.2 - 1.4M

Nirosha

Dear All,

Pls let me know that the most valuable diesel car value less than 1.2M and between 1.2 - 1.4M. Considering fuel consumption, comport, parts, ease of use, YoM after 1996. normally i am driving approximately 30km - 40km daily.

Also what are the pros and cons of Mitsubishi car.

Dear All,

Pls let me know that the most valuable diesel car value less than 1.2M and between 1.2 - 1.4M. Considering fuel consumption, comport, parts, ease of use, YoM after 1996. normally i am driving approximately 30km - 40km daily.

Also what are the pros and cons of Mitsubishi car.

Tata Indica :D , Hindustan Ambassador :lol: :lol: :lol:

My present vehicle is Charade G101 (Diesel) and it is very economical. But less comport and hard to find parts etc (but it didn't gave me much trouble yet).

Well, actually I know very little about automobiles. Currently I am thinking of buying a car maximum for 1.3M. And I am a daily runner at least 30km. But confused with my friends comments. Some says Indian car like Maruti is better. Some says Doctor Sunny or Starlet or Toyota AE 100.

Finally I made my mind go for a manual Starlet after 1996 (thanks to AL old posts about Starlet). Think this is a good choice. :)

Edited by Nirosha

LOL he's laughing at his own post, these noobs are just unbelievable :lol::lol::lol:

Was thinking about Hindustan Ambassador... :D. I saw one few years back near HSBC, Bambalapitiya.

My present vehicle is Charade G101 (Diesel) and it is very economical. But less comport and hard to find parts etc (but it didn't gave me much trouble yet).

Well, actually I know very little about automobiles. Currently I am thinking of buying a car maximum for 1.3M. And I am a daily runner at least 30km. But confused with my friends comments. Some says Indian car like Maruti is better. Some says Doctor Sunny or Starlet or Toyota AE 100.

Finally I made my mind go for a manual Starlet after 1996 (thanks to AL old posts about Starlet). Think this is a good choice.

Good choice dont go for indian cars, they might be a little lighter on the pocket in terms of running costs but they loose to Japs and euro's in terms of style,comfort and safety :alc:

Good choice dont go for indian cars, they might be a little lighter on the pocket in terms of running costs but they loose to Japs and euro's in terms of style,comfort and safety :alc:

Thanks a lot The Stig...!alc.gif

Finally I made my mind go for a manual Starlet after 1996 (thanks to AL old posts about Starlet). Think this is a good choice. :)

congratulations Nirosha on your purchasing as the stig says you done the right thing by not buying a those rubbish indian cars :D

Edited by nexus

• 1 month later...

Note: Normally OLD diesel cars gives you some trouble more than OLD petrol cars. However it doesn't matter while considering your fuel economy. However try to find followings

1. Starlet NP90 - Highly market vehicle, Good fuel Consumption (14 kmpl at colombo, 20 kmpl at long Run). But hard to find good condition vehicle. Price: 14.5 lakhs

2. corolla CE100- Average fuel economy (11 kmpl at colombo, 16 kmpl at long run).Having good market. Possible to find good one. Price 14 lakhs

3. Doctor Sunny- Nissans best car. Good on fuel as starlet. Good Market. Price 10.5 lakhs. Try to find anniversary type. May be cost 11 lakhs. But normally anniversary models are in good condition.

4. corolla CE108/6 - Good diesel vehicle. But not comfortable like CE100 and Doctor sunny. Price 10.5 lakhs

5. Peugeot 406 Diesel- Comfortable vehicle, Fuel economy also reasonable. Secondhand Market is low and spare parts is expensive. Price is 15 lakhs

4. corolla CE108/6 - Good diesel vehicle. But not comfortable like CE100 and Doctor sunny. Price 10.5 lakhs

are you sure about that i all ways feel corolla g touring wagon is more comfortable than corolla ce 100 and doctor sunny :unsure:

Thanks for your replies...

I've inspected few starlets. but unfortunately they were not in good condition. or was Automatic(I prefer manual..)

When thinking about a sedan, no one liked a sedan except me in my family...:(

Therefore finally I decided to go for a Perodua Elite (MT) (considering the age of the starlet, spare parts availability and fuel cons.) It is a great car for the price with interesting extras (I think Maruti is way behind. also better than panda). Gave advance last week. and in this week a TAX INCREMENT. :( !@#$%^&*.. price increased by Rs. 100,000/- and its now 1.5M. no turning back... still happy with the car for that price...

Yeah..Thats a good option. VIVA Ellite is a good vehicle u can buy at your cost. Recommended to purchase Auto Gear model which may cost 16/- after new tax. However it will take 3 months to import.

why would you recommend an auto box?

unless of course one can't drive manual or find it tough in traffic... manual benefits are far better than what an auto box gives you.

especially on a smaller engined car an autobox gear changing lag would be a lot more painful...

I am heavily biased towards manuals btw :D

Thanks for your replies...

I've inspected few starlets. but unfortunately they were not in good condition. or was Automatic(I prefer manual..)

When thinking about a sedan, no one liked a sedan except me in my family...:(

Therefore finally I decided to go for a Perodua Elite (MT) (considering the age of the starlet, spare parts availability and fuel cons.) It is a great car for the price with interesting extras (I think Maruti is way behind. also better than panda). Gave advance last week. and in this week a TAX INCREMENT. :( !@#$%^&*.. price increased by Rs. 100,000/- and its now 1.5M. no turning back... still happy with the car for that price...

IMHO, good choice. How is the waiting list on the manuals?

IMHO, good choice. How is the waiting list on the manuals?

The sales persons answer is "both have same demand". And it will take 2-3 months to arrive.

However not much happy with the customer care.

for info.:

They don't refund the reservation fee in any circumstance.

Currently dark blue is not available (the manufacturer of the dark blue paint has stopped manufac. the colour after tsunami.)

why would you recommend an auto box?

me 2 got the same quiz.? is there any reason. bcs i've heard auto does less fuel than manual. and auto gear box face problems quickly (not sure this is correct..).

What should I do with my left hand when driving an auto...:P (just jesting)

me 2 got the same quiz.? is there any reason. bcs i've heard auto does less fuel than manual. and auto gear box face problems quickly (not sure this is correct..).

What should I do with my left hand when driving an auto...:P (just jesting)

Autos generally do less on fuel, but the difference is only about 1 - 2 kmpls. And imo, I don't think auto boxes are more fragile than manuals, they're just as good, but a manual will probably outlast an auto.