• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ideal Seat Cover Material

KMG

hi mates,

I'm planning to add seat coveres to my car (it is a NZT 260 with beige interior), so apart from the colours and designs of preferance what are the things to be considered.

is genuine leather or Reasonably good synthetic leather or leather like eg rexin seat coveres/ materials available in SL,

how much would be the cost,

Any known reasonably good places ?

please shed some light on this area

thanks in advance

hi mates,

I'm planning to add seat coveres to my car (it is a NZT 260 with beige interior), so apart from the colours and designs of preferance what are the things to be considered.

is genuine leather or Reasonably good synthetic leather or leather like eg rexin seat coveres/ materials available in SL,

thanks in advance

my advice is DO NOT put any seat covers......my dad put seat covers on his car....and the seats weren't comfortable as before cause when u put a seat cover.....the cover is fit tightly onto the seat which slightly changes the shape of the seat....so eventually he had to remove and throw away the seat covers!!!!

my advice is DO NOT put any seat covers......my dad put seat covers on his car....and the seats weren't comfortable as before cause when u put a seat cover.....the cover is fit tightly onto the seat which slightly changes the shape of the seat....so eventually he had to remove and throw away the seat covers!!!!

I beg to differ on that, cuz most stock Toyota seats aren't that comfortable, so after going in another Yaris which had seat covers of soft artificial leather like material with a spongy material inside, really got sick of the normal plain seats dry.gif

hi mates,

thanks in advance

Why on earth would you want to put seat covers..?? I'm sure the manufacturer's intention was to have the car the it is.

It's like wrapping your TV remote control in plastic/polythene and even your mobile phone.. :lol:

• Like 1

Why on earth would you want to put seat covers..?? I'm sure the manufacturer's intention was to have the car the it is.

It's like wrapping your TV remote control in plastic/polythene and even your mobile phone.. :lol:

Why on earth do people put in aftermarket alloys, mufflers, radios, engine mods, etc, etc? It's because they want to personalize their vehicle. If everyone in the world kept their vehicle in stock specs, there would not be an aftermarket parts industry.

• Like 1

My intention is to protect my original seat covers from damages, dust and my little one's unexpected activities :D

My 260 came with black interior and got Black Leather (Matt Finish) covers fixed for Front and Back seats for 24k+ from a Negombo Place. I have no comfortable issues and saved my original black wool seat covers from my little one’s throw up once :P , just had to clean it with a wet cloth.

If it happen on the wool covers, I will have to take the car in to a interior cleaning spot to get it cleaned and will cost some thousand bucks.

My Experience having leather covers is pretty worth (I've got my little one always in the car), I do recommend that. If I get a chance, ill post some of it’s pics.

My intention is to protect my original seat covers from damages, dust and my little one's unexpected activities :D

My 260 came with black interior and got Black Leather (Matt Finish) covers fixed for Front and Back seats for 24k+ from a Negombo Place. I have no comfortable issues and saved my original black wool seat covers from my little one’s throw up once :P , just had to clean it with a wet cloth.

If it happen on the wool covers, I will have to take the car in to a interior cleaning spot to get it cleaned and will cost some thousand bucks.

My Experience having leather covers is pretty worth (I've got my little one always in the car), I do recommend that. If I get a chance, ill post some of it’s pics.

Can you please tell me where is the place of Negombo?

Can you please tell me where is the place of Negombo?

There is a well known place just before the Kurana/Thelwatta Junk Railway crossing. At your right side, with silver plated name board. B)

Hope I'm not violating the forum rules. :huh:

hi mates,

thanks in advance

Leather covers are easy to clean and looks good, but yet velvet covers would be more comfortable.Because once you park it in the sun the leather gets heated and u'll feel like you are sitting in an oven. The velvet doesn't get heated as much as the leather. But if u have small kids in the car ,leather would be better as it's easy to clean.

Also genuine leather would be costly. Try Nawala Cushion works. No idea about the price bro

:)

Edited by kelum_wj

Your dad probably chose a set of generic ready-made covers that were a size too small, hence the compression of the seat foam.

Why on earth do people put in aftermarket alloys, mufflers, radios, engine mods, etc, etc? It's because they want to personalize their vehicle. If everyone in the world kept their vehicle in stock specs, there would not be an aftermarket parts industry.

Wrong Analogy...!! B)

Read my example again..! :P

dear Bro's

thank you very much forerer your valuble advice. i just want to protect my original seat coveres from unexpected actvities of my two kids who

under 4 yrs, like "slcamel".

considering all your advice decided to go for a synthetic leather or leather seat coveres.

I'm live in kandy, so no idea about places in colombo area, but i can come to colombo and get it fixed. So please tell me reliable places where i can get this synthetic leather / leather seat coveres fixed, and roughly prices if can according to your knowledge.

does synthetic leather tends to peel off compair to genuine leather ?

are there any brands of synthetic leather / leather with prooven durability for reasonable price

thank you

Best advice, teach your kids to behave in the car. Absolutely no ice cream, candy or gum in the car. If wife doesn't agree with you, get her to clean the mess soon after. Also get some spill proof drink bottles.I got a 3 year old and spotless leather interior.

Edited by madmax
  • Like 1

Best advice, teach your kids to behave in the car. Absolutely no ice cream, candy or gum in the car. If wife doesn't agree with you, get her to clean the mess soon after. Also get some spill proof drink bottles.I got a 3 year old and spotless leather interior.

Couldnt agree more! :lol:

machang this might be an isolated incident...specifically to you :P

Dammit!..Walked right in to that one. :P

And NO it ain't me...I swear one of ours with some genuine cows on it smells like wet dog and pure ass juice after leaving it in the sun....

dear Bro's

thank you very much forerer your valuble advice. i just want to protect my original seat coveres from unexpected actvities of my two kids who

under 4 yrs, like "slcamel".

considering all your advice decided to go for a synthetic leather or leather seat coveres.

I'm live in kandy, so no idea about places in colombo area, but i can come to colombo and get it fixed. So please tell me reliable places where i can get this synthetic leather / leather seat coveres fixed, and roughly prices if can according to your knowledge.

does synthetic leather tends to peel off compair to genuine leather ?

are there any brands of synthetic leather / leather with prooven durability for reasonable price

thank you

Checkout Colombo leather and the other couple of shops at first cross street,pettah.They have the cheapest prices and carry some exotic meterial.I reccomend buying the stuff from them and having the covers made your trusted local cushion works guy.

respect for getting that one through the missus!

tried and failed one here.

respect for getting that one through the missus!

tried and failed one here.

Max's missus knew about his car fetish before she married him. She used to complain that the bugger used to wake up early on Sundays, wash the cars, and take the paper and call people about the prices of cars instead of making some tea :D

Dammit!..Walked right in to that one. :P

And NO it ain't me...I swear one of ours with some genuine cows on it smells like wet dog and pure ass juice after leaving it in the sun....

I think you just made it worse.... Dead cows don't smell like pure ass juice, whatever that smells like. I hope I never become familiar with that particular fragrance! :P

Edited by Pericles

I think you just made it worse.... Dead cows don't smell like pure ass juice, whatever that smells like. I hope I never become familiar with that particular fragrance! :P

Aw I dunno Peri...Maybe the bloody haraka had severe diarrhea at the time it decided to donate its hide...

and dont BS me boy...according to my sources you like ass juice very much. :lol: :lol: kiddin'

Seriously though I think it has something to do with the tanning procedure...maybe it wasn't done properly.

• Like 1

Aw I dunno Peri...Maybe the bloody haraka had severe diarrhea at the time it decided to donate its hide...

and dont BS me boy...according to my sources you like ass juice very much. :lol: :lol: kiddin'

Seriously though I think it has something to do with the tanning procedure...maybe it wasn't done properly.

Your sources need serious double checking :P

OR the smell could be of a result of extra curricular activities which resulted in quantities of said juice getting dumped on.

Why, Don, you player! Of course, you could try not to sweat on your seats. I'm sure Max will be able to educate you on the techniques, very experienced chap, that Madmax... I'm guessing he cleans the car if he messes up there :D

Sear Mates

thank you for your valuble advice,

i have cheked in eriyagama place (Blu3Haze mentioned) but only available is fabric material. Buying materal from "colombo leather" and made up it at local place is good option.

how much it will be cost for a material for avarage set of car seats, in leather or synthetic leather ?

what is best value, leather or synthetic leather ?