• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw E46 Alloy's

rangerover

This might be quite a stretch!

But i currently have 16" standard alloys on my e46 and thinking of upgrading to a sportier 16" or 17" set. Any suggestions where i can buy a set of original (even slightly used) alloys for this model in SL?

any one imported personally from england?

Hope you know the repercussions of upgrading them to 17". What are the alloys you currently have on the car? Can you post some pics? I know Milroy has a few for sale. Even Prestige had a few sets the last time I went there.

The wheels i have is as shown in the pic

Alloy.jpg

I currently run 205/55 R16 tyres. I was thinking of adding a more of a sporty looking set of alloys (oem bmw) and increasing the width of the tyre to give more presence (may be 225/45/ R16).

Have u seen any such wheels at milroys or the agents?

Edited by rangerover

I have seen a few alloys at Milroys. A had a nice set recently. Not sure if it was for a 3 series. I am sure the agents have and if you are able to afford they can even get them down for you. They have a whole catalog. Also, if you are able to get access to the Prestige service floor there were a few sets lying on a corner. I would love to have these on mine: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-OEM-BMW-E46-17-M-Sport-Alloy-Wheels-Tyres-x4-/140515878118?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b76624e6

Hey RR,

The last time I went to MXLXXX many moons ago he told me that the 205/55/16's were the steel wheel size :) Since upgraded to 225/55/16's on the rear and 215/55/16's on the front. Super grip. Went with bridgestone potenza adrenalin's for the lot. Super grip. Though the previous Yoko ES100's were probably better on grip they tend to wear out super fast. Added benefit of getting about 1 - 1 1/2 inches of ground clearance for the car. Also don't forget to get your alloys straightened out and balanced once in a while. The original bmw alloys are a little soft and tend to go out of shape easily. However they are pretty good quality and can be straightened easily. Just finished swapping my lower arms and track rods and am getting the alloys straightened and balanced along with the wheel alignment checked this weekend on my e46.

Cheers,

This might be quite a stretch!

But i currently have 16" standard alloys on my e46 and thinking of upgrading to a sportier 16" or 17" set. Any suggestions where i can buy a set of original (even slightly used) alloys for this model in SL?

any one imported personally from england?

I do hope you understand the implications of changing the tire size from 16" to 17", quite a lot of things can go wrong like speedometer readings,odometer etc.

Changing the width is okay of course :alc:

I have seen a few alloys at Milroys. A had a nice set recently. Not sure if it was for a 3 series. I am sure the agents have and if you are able to afford they can even get them down for you. They have a whole catalog. Also, if you are able to get access to the Prestige service floor there were a few sets lying on a corner. I would love to have these on mine: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-OEM-BMW-E46-17-M-Sport-Alloy-Wheels-Tyres-x4-/140515878118?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b76624e6

Need to call them up and check. I dont want to spend too much to satisfy my temptation. But need to check out

Hey RR,

The last time I went to MXLXXX many moons ago he told me that the 205/55/16's were the steel wheel size :) Since upgraded to 225/55/16's on the rear and 215/55/16's on the front. Super grip. Went with bridgestone potenza adrenalin's for the lot. Super grip. Though the previous Yoko ES100's were probably better on grip they tend to wear out super fast. Added benefit of getting about 1 - 1 1/2 inches of ground clearance for the car. Also don't forget to get your alloys straightened out and balanced once in a while. The original bmw alloys are a little soft and tend to go out of shape easily. However they are pretty good quality and can be straightened easily. Just finished swapping my lower arms and track rods and am getting the alloys straightened and balanced along with the wheel alignment checked this weekend on my e46.

Cheers,

Hey MadMMX

Your correct. My tyres look a bit off. But the catelogue i got with the car gives the 205/55/16 as the tyre size for this particular alloy. I just need wider tyres though. Any particular reason for your front tyres to be of a different size?

Edited by rangerover

The wheels i have is as shown in the pic

Alloy.jpg

I currently run 205/55 R16 tyres. I was thinking of adding a more of a sporty looking set of alloys (oem bmw) and increasing the width of the tyre to give more presence (may be 225/45/ R16).

Have u seen any such wheels at milroys or the agents?

Btw, you can use the wider 225/45 R16 on the same alloy that is currently on the car.

Not really :) but since the M's and new bm's do come with the staggered wheels thought I'd give it a shot :) No issues at all. Car grips like glue around the bends. Look on the inside edge of the drivers side door - it lists that sizes you can use.The advantage of the larger size is the additional ground clearance. It really helps !! car doesn't look too bad at all as well.

Also don't worry too much about the speedo calibration. Most of the tyres sizes recommended are very similar in size. If there is an issue there t there is an option in the BMW DIS diagnostics to calibrate the speedo where u have to specify the wheel size as well so no worries.

Cheers,

MadMMX

Need to call them up and check. I dont want to spend too much to satisfy my temptation. But need to check out

Hey MadMMX

Your correct. My tyres look a bit off. But the catelogue i got with the car gives the 205/55/16 as the tyre size for this particular alloy. I just need wider tyres though. Any particular reason for your front tyres to be of a different size?