• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blue Color Hid

AfzGTR

is there any rule against this blue color HID lights??? they are really annoying and they dont seem to be original or made by a reputed brand like PIAA

I think there is. As long as it's below 8000k it wont be an issue :). There are Kits made by reputed brands like Philips,Bosch and Auto gauge

I think there is. As long as it's below 8000k it wont be an issue :). There are Kits made by reputed brands like Philips,Bosch and Auto gauge

but i think the blue ones are powerful as 10,000K

but i think the blue ones are powerful as 10,000K

Bro its not the power its the temperature.The 10 000k ones produce more glare than 8000k ones. And also HIDs on non projector housing would scatter light all over the road. That too varies from reflector to reflector

Bro its not the power its the temperature.The 10 000k ones produce more glare than 8000k ones. And also HIDs on non projector housing would scatter light all over the road. That too varies from reflector to reflector

yeah i meant the temp.....n it seems these 10,000K ones arent allowed in Japan!!

the original HIDs dont work in full beam nah?

Actually not.. 4300K gives the most output. The higher the color temperature, the lesser the light output.

alright i think i got it...as the kelvin increase the light doesnt become brighter it actually becomes more blue.....( just like the color temp adjustment in the monitor).....i heard that those blue color annoying Chinese HIDs are 10,000K so they must be annoying becoz of their color and not for their brightness.....most of the sites i read suggested the 6000K HID, i guess 6000K is the one that's installed by the car manufacturers!!

bdw this site was useful:

http://www.hid-conversion-kits.com/

cheerz!!

Good guess. Daylight (noon) is supposed to be around 5500k, if I recall right. Should produce a light that looks natural and like daylight.

i guess that site i mentioned said that too!! so why do these idiots fit those 10,000K ones??? the stock yellow light ( halogen) should be better!!

alright i think i got it...as the kelvin increase the light doesnt become brighter it actually becomes more blue.....( just like the color temp adjustment in the monitor).....i heard that those blue color annoying Chinese HIDs are 10,000K so they must be annoying becoz of their color and not for their brightness.....most of the sites i read suggested the 6000K HID, i guess 6000K is the one that's installed by the car manufacturers!!

there really isn't much point to get a higher colour temperature HID because it's going to give less light output (and illuminate less road area) - however some people think the blue/purple colour is cool (a carryover from blue neons?) so that's probably why there's a market for it.

the glare problem is less to do with the colour temperature, if at all. it's mostly because of cheapo HID conversion kits that only change the bulb: the light distribution pattern in a HID is different from halogen, so when a HID bulb is stuck in a headlamp designed for halogen, the beam pattern is all screwed up.

also - in Europe (and few other markets) it's only legal to have HID if the headlights are self-levelling (otherwise a car loaded at the rear will shine light upwards - eye level for oncoming drivers) and have headlamp washers (not sure if this is to do with dirt on the lamps or water) - such legislation doesn't exist here and people who go for cheap upgrades don't care and/or are not aware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Lack_of_backward-compatibility

The problem is some owners of vehicles with HIDs think that they are extraordinary and V*P's ..and they do not dim the HIDs when they see the other vehicles coming to there face..when somebody full the head lights to the face of the driver..it's really difficult to see..my vehicle also having HIDs but I always think about this aspect when i'm driving..I feel always to punch the face of the drivers who don't bother to dim the HIDs ... :angry-smiley-024:

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 1

is there any rule against this blue color HID lights??? they are really annoying and they dont seem to be original or made by a reputed brand like PIAA

Technically only White & yellow are allowed.

Practically :violent-smiley-099:

there really isn't much point to get a higher colour temperature HID because it's going to give less light output (and illuminate less road area) - however some people think the blue/purple colour is cool (a carryover from blue neons?) so that's probably why there's a market for it.

the glare problem is less to do with the colour temperature, if at all. it's mostly because of cheapo HID conversion kits that only change the bulb: the light distribution pattern in a HID is different from halogen, so when a HID bulb is stuck in a headlamp designed for halogen, the beam pattern is all screwed up.

also - in Europe (and few other markets) it's only legal to have HID if the headlights are self-levelling (otherwise a car loaded at the rear will shine light upwards - eye level for oncoming drivers) and have headlamp washers (not sure if this is to do with dirt on the lamps or water) - such legislation doesn't exist here and people who go for cheap upgrades don't care and/or are not aware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Lack_of_backward-compatibility

or maybe they just dont know the fact that those blue HIDs reduces the light output :P

The problem is some owners of vehicles with HIDs think that they are extraordinary and V*P's ..and they do not dim the HIDs when they see the other vehicles coming to there face..when somebody full the head lights to the face of the driver..it's really difficult to see..my vehicle also having HIDs but I always think about this aspect when i'm driving..I feel always to punch the face of the drivers who don't bother to dim the HIDs ... :angry-smiley-024:

same here brov!! i feel like punching those guys...its really pissing off

Technically only White & yellow are allowed.

Practically :violent-smiley-099:

in SL?

i agree with you i have been receiving end from those

Guys wasnt there some sort of issue with the cops when it came to HID's ? i thought the cops stopped cars that didnt have properly focused lights ? :blink:

Guys wasnt there some sort of issue with the cops when it came to HID's ? i thought the cops stopped cars that didnt have properly focused lights ? :blink:

really??? thats cool....finally some proper rules!

yeah...they mostly caught buggers who were on heads on lit up areas...

even HID converts, if they are sensible in aligning their lights and use the low beam in lit up areas...i doubt the cops will even notice.

the problem is...some of our jackasses love to show off their new lights and go on full beam...

it's only natural that cops were gonna catch upto them especially after the end of war and them having not much work :P

even HID converts, if they are sensible in aligning their lights and use the low beam in lit up areas...i doubt the cops will even notice.

the problem is...some of our jackasses love to show off their new lights and go on full beam...

it's only natural that cops were gonna catch upto them especially after the end of war and them having not much work :P

good for them :lol:

hahaha...awes0me!

good for them :lol:

L0L