• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4Dr5 Alternator

Nishan.dj

Question

Hello friends,

I am looking for a Mitsubishi 4DR5 J44 Jeep - Alternator (24V) Housing due to breaking the front side of mine. However I could manage it to fix by welding. But the electrician said its good to have a new housing or a used one. So before going to panchikawaththa and other places, though to post a thread. I called Wil*ys and they said it costs Rs.69000 for brand new 4DR5 alternator. So Its better to go for used alternator (full set) or at least a housing. If you know anything about it and also prices and everything please add a reply. I really thank you in advance.

2 answers to this question

Hello friends,

I am looking for a Mitsubishi 4DR5 J44 Jeep - Alternator (24V) Housing due to breaking the front side of mine. However I could manage it to fix by welding. But the electrician said its good to have a new housing or a used one. So before going to panchikawaththa and other places, though to post a thread. I called Wil*ys and they said it costs Rs.69000 for brand new 4DR5 alternator. So Its better to go for used alternator (full set) or at least a housing. If you know anything about it and also prices and everything please add a reply. I really thank you in advance.

Nishan.dj',

Do not buy a new one will try to get the cost by this morning a used one or a housing If the Aluminum housing welding is done correctly that will not fail. I have done more than twenty alternator front and back housing welding never came back during my electrical maintenance days.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Nishan.dj',

Do not buy a new one will try to get the cost by this morning a used one or a housing If the Aluminum housing welding is done correctly that will not fail. I have done more than twenty alternator front and back housing welding never came back during my electrical maintenance days.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank you very much Sylvi,

Of course I will not buy. And thanks for your info about welding. Yes he did it well and also said it will not break again. However Its good to have another used housing and If you get any chance please reply me. And again Thanks.