• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Fuel Filter

Uditha88

Question

Hi All,

After a new "Fuel Filter: is fixed, the car is in little under-powered/ poor acceleration.

This is specially felt when it starts moving from a complete stop. And has to accelerate little more than that of with old filter in speed driving.

(Fuel Economy doesn't show any considerable increment or decrement. It seems normal)

1. What is the issue?

2. There's old filter. Is it OK to fix it back & try running?

3. What is the solution?

8 answers to this question

Unlikely there is anything wrong with the new filter- so changing back to old one would be a waste of time. Assuming the filter has been mounted right- do a check on the fuel pump. or maybe try doing a diagnostic check with the Agents (may isolate the problem)

Did the monkey who fixed it connect it the correct hoses?

Ya VVTi,

The fuel direction is printed with an "Arrow" mark on the filter. (From bottom to up)

Guy has selected the correct direction & correct fuel lines too; it seems

:(

<For you info.>

Fuel Filter type

v899933356zgh.jpg

This is the type & this seems exactly what I had previously as it had "Made in Japan" printed.

New one seems different brand.

And want to know does brand really matter?

How it is fixed

7007420126_large.jpg

This is the type & this seems exactly what I had previously as it had "Made in Japan" printed.

New one seems different brand.

And want to know does brand really matter?

Well yes it does, if you do get a cheapo brand which does more blocking than proper filtering and isn't of original spec, you're in trouble

Edited by BLu3HaZe

May i ask what was the reason for replacing the fuel filter in the first place ?

If this problem didn't exist before most likely the new filter is the culprit, however its always a good idea to use some injector cleaning fluid just to be sure ther isnt any block in the injectors.

Okay i know im probably gonna get bashed for saying this but might i suggest that you bypass the fuel filer and run for a short while and see if the problem still exist :)

If it does obviously its not the fuel filter, worse case scenario would be the fuel pump or the fuel lines :alc: