• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Check Light Lights Up Intermittemtly

tharaka jayasinghe

Question

Dear all wonderful experts in Autolanka,

My car is a Nissan N-16 1.3cc manual. About two months back while I was driving out of the car park (car had been parked in hot sun for about 8 hrs) I noticed that the engine check light was on. So I stopped the car and switched off the ignition and wait few seconds and switch on the ignition again. After that engine check light went off. Things were normal after that. Then after about two months, yesterday the same thing happened. I did the same thing and the check light went off. Engine oil level is in the normal level and I wonder what's the problem is and what I should do.

Please give me your ideas.

Rgds,

Tharaka

7 answers to this question

My car is a Nissan N-16 1.3cc manual. About two months back while I was driving out of the car park (car had been parked in hot sun for about 8 hrs) I noticed that the engine check light was on. So I stopped the car and switched off the ignition and wait few seconds and switch on the ignition again. After that engine check light went off. Things were normal after that. Then after about two months, yesterday the same thing happened. I did the same thing and the check light went off. Engine oil level is in the normal level and I wonder what's the problem is and what I should do.

Rgds,

Tharaka

the simplest thing to do is when the light comes on to go to the agents and have them run the scanner on it. since it goes off once u restart the car i am guessing its a partial fault in one of the sensors that is due to go very soon.

Rgds,

Tharaka

No exact way of diagnosing the problem without hooking it upto a pc or a error code reader, i doubt you have the necessary equipment so like charitha said going to the agents is the best solution.

well if you are interested in doing it by yourself this is the way http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Read-Codes-From-Your-Check-Engine-Light-Fo/

I had the same problem. When down to Toyota lanka. They said engine is fine. But required to change the sensor. I think a sense is 16K.They don’t do any clearing or repairing one to one change.

Does anybody know a place that do the same job other than Toyota lanka? It will be a great help.

I had the same problem. When down to Toyota lanka. They said engine is fine. But required to change the sensor. I think a sense is 16K.They don’t do any clearing or repairing one to one change.

Does anybody know a place that do the same job other than Toyota lanka? It will be a great help.

if u know what the sensor is and possible the error code.. think any able auto repiar shop can get it done for u for lesser price me thinks...