• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Injector

amilasampath

Hi all;

My car is giving low mileage from last 6 months have gone with the 3M injector clean. while running the 3M through the engine i found that water is coming out from the silencer. As per the my understanding if the engine is well tuned water should come out from the silencer. After removing the 3M and when I connect the petrol line I dont find any water coming out from the silencer. :(

Can please explain me why this is happening? ( Still I have not checked the mileage)

Thanks

Amila

Edited by amilasampath

Hi all;

My car is giving low mileage from last 6 months have gone with the 3M injector clean. while running the 3M through the engine i found that water is coming out from the silencer. As per the my understanding if the engine is well tuned water should come out from the silencer. After removing the 3M and when I connect the petrol line I don’t find any water coming out from the silencer. :(

Can please explain me why this is happening? ( Still I have not checked the mileage)

Thanks

Amila

As per my understanding,

Water forms end of exhaust pipe due to proper mixing of H2(in gasoline) with O2(used to burn

fuel inside the engine). It might be a good sign of proper fuel-O2 ratio.

So if you see water if and only if your Injector cleaner available, it might be an indicator

it helps better fuel or O2 supply. But cleaned injectors should do the same even at not present of your 3M product IMO. :unsure:

Hi all;

My car is giving low mileage from last 6 months have gone with the 3M injector clean. while running the 3M through the engine i found that water is coming out from the silencer. As per the my understanding if the engine is well tuned water should come out from the silencer. After removing the 3M and when I connect the petrol line I don’t find any water coming out from the silencer. :(

Thanks

Amila

Okay first thing is your cars exhaust isnt a water tap so dont expect water to come out of it all the time.

By my understanding what you are saying is that when you mix 3M injector cleaning fluid water droplets form in the exhaust and when you stop using 3M it stops right ?

So has it ever struck your mind that a chemical mixture in the 3M fluid and fuel igniting might have created a reaction and caused water to form ?

So no the reason for water forming in this situation is not because your car had the optimum Air:Fuel ratio (Properly tuned) cause if it was tuned properly there is no way the tuning goes bad just because you stopped using an injector cleaning fluid.And there is no way the injectors get clogged up within a couple of days after you stopped using 3M.

So in conclusion the water was not because of a proper engine tune but cause of a chemical reaction caused by the injector cleaning fluid.

What you should do is tune the car properly so that you get better mileage.

And BTW dont use injector cleaning fluid too often or too much :alc:

BTW what do you mean by "After removing the 3M and when I connect the petrol line" ? Are you not using a fluid ?

so its a unit like this ? http://3mcollision.com/products/cleaners/mechanical/3m-universal-fuel-injector-cleaner-kit-08836.html