• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gold Plated Nissan Gt-R

HARRIS

Car buyers in the Middle East can now get their hands on the ultimate 'budget' supercar: the Nissan GT-R VVIP. Its grille is surrounded in 24-carat gold.

Nissan is charging 790,000 UAE Dirhams for the car, which is 340,000 more than the standard car costs in the Middle East. Converted to sterling it equates to £135,000; in the UK the GT-R costs £70,000.

The GT-R VVIP is based on the top-of-the-range Egoist version (also unavailable in the UK) but adds a grille surround and side flashes coated in 24-carat gold. A carbon fibre rear wing completes the exterior look.

Inside the cabin, the work is more extensive. The hand-stitched quilted leather interior is fabricated in Germany, and the steering wheel badge is custom lacquered.

Even the Bose stereo is custom fitted, with the speakers positioned based on the height of the driver; that will add an interesting extra dimension to buying a used one.

There are no plans to bring the car to the UK, although there's nothing to stop an existing GT-R owner calling the local goldsmith.

post-3691-060516900 1302469030_thumb.jpg

post-3691-027452600 1302469056_thumb.jpg

post-3691-028435100 1302469067_thumb.jpg

Comapared to the gold plated Porsche 911 the Nissan GT-R VVIP looks much better for a super car & does not look too bling. Also it looks more class. Fresh from Germany is a perfectly good example of something totally ludicrously ridiculous. The watch, jewelery, and interior decoration company of Schmuckwelten in Pforzheim, Germany has come up with a way to make a duo of Porsches seem utterly undesirable - cover them in gold and tchachkies.

"Money Can't Buy Classiness" Some moron with more money than taste has added almost 40 lbs of gold to his 911 convertible. So now it's 40 pounds heavier, and 50% less cool. I swear, what is it with rich people's fascination with shiny things? It's ridiculous. You know what other demographic loves shiny objects? Babies. Coincidence? I think not.

post-3691-050703700 1302504691_thumb.jpg

post-3691-066006200 1302504700_thumb.jpg

post-3691-064717100 1302504719_thumb.jpg

post-3691-036530700 1302504728_thumb.jpg

post-3691-069295300 1302504736_thumb.jpg

Anyone here who has that kinda money to spend on a car wouldn't get a GTR or Porsche, gold plated or not. Probably a gold plated Hummer maybe.

And I seriously doubt any auto enthusiast here who has that kinda money to spend on a car would get a gold plated vehicle.

Anyone here who has that kinda money to spend on a car wouldn't get a GTR or Porsche, gold plated or not. Probably a gold plated Hummer maybe.

And I seriously doubt any auto enthusiast here who has that kinda money to spend on a car would get a gold plated vehicle.

True that. A gold plated diga prado may be?

"Money Can't Buy Classiness" Some moron with more money than taste has added almost 40 lbs of gold to his 911 convertible. So now it's 40 pounds heavier, and 50% less cool. I swear, what is it with rich people's fascination with shiny things? It's ridiculous. You know what other demographic loves shiny objects? Babies. Coincidence? I think not.

okay let me ask you this question

Why exactly would someone buy a gold plated "ultimate budget supercar" when they can buy a better supercar for that money ? :rolleyes:

0313GoldPlattedArabMobile2.jpg

If someone does something like this that makes sense, not really :rolleyes:

but still it mean that this guy had too much money and didnt know what to do with it but a gold plated "Budget Supercar" sounds like the most stupidest idea ever.

Why exactly would someone buy a gold plated "ultimate budget supercar" when they can buy a better supercar for that money ? :rolleyes:

but still it mean that this guy had too much money and didnt know what to do with it but a gold plated "Budget Supercar" sounds like the most stupidest idea ever.

the place at which this slr is standing is the place where every motorhead would wish to go. man this place is a heaven for car lovers, one gets to see each and every high end car over here!

why someone do this to a car like that now it look like a stainless kitchen sink :rolleyes:

if it was "gold painted car" that he was really looking for? :D since theres no substitution for gold

btw, i have a car with gold wheels atleast (gold color, to be more specific lol)

Edited by da coolest

if it was "gold painted car" that he was really looking for? :D since theres no substitution for gold

btw, i have a car with gold wheels atleast (gold color, to be more specific lol)

well if it was "gold painted car" that he was really looking for he/they could have easily bought something like a maruti and plated the whole damn thing with gold isnt it :rolleyes:

painting in gold and gold plating is a whole different story :)

What i mean is for the money they spend on plating gold, people could easily buy a better performing car with a better brand name which seems like a more sensible thing to do.

But i guess its their choice :)

well if it was "gold painted car" that he was really looking for he/they could have easily bought something like a maruti and plated the whole damn thing with gold isnt it :rolleyes:

painting in gold and gold plating is a whole different story :)

What i mean is for the money they spend on plating gold, people could easily buy a better performing car with a better brand name which seems like a more sensible thing to do.

But i guess its their choice :)

anyway its a still thats a Nissan. Not an Italian car. anywy, what i said is that when "gold plating" becomes an important option while the taste for the cars remains normal, he would have gone for the best, gold plated car that he can afford.

anyway, yeh, its kinda stupid to buy a japanese gold plated car when there are ferraris and porsches out there.