• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

City Clutch Plates, Pressure Plates

CodeMaster

Hi all, I am planning to replace my clutch plate, pressure plate, bearing, oil seal. It's city 2001 Vtec.

Thinking to buy Japanese spares from out side (Teck) will cost around RS 14000/=. (Genuine part from same seller is around RS 22000/=. In Stafford it's around 32000/=). I will be using this car for another 5 years. What you think..?

PS: I am not in a position to spend too much on this.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi all, I am planning to replace my clutch plate, pressure plate, bearing, oil seal. It's city 2001 Vtec.

Thinking to buy Japanese spares from out side (Teck) will cost around RS 14000/=. (Genuine part from same seller is around RS 22000/=. In Stafford it's around 32000/=). I will be using this car for another 5 years. What you think..?

PS: I am not in a position to spend too much on this.

Thanks in advance! :)

since you use it for another 5 years i think the best thing to do is replace it with Genuine part just my two cents.

you don't necessarily need genuine parts as long you get a decent aftermarket part to replace it with.

recently did my clutch and opted for a brand called exedy which was a bit cheaper than the genuine.

genuine is ideal but if finances are in the way...a decent substitute wont be too too bad.

clutches wear out anyways and the worst thing that can happen is you having to replace it a little sooner than the genuine one.

did tie rod replacement and opted for the genuine ones cos there wasn't a good aftermarket brand to go with.

the only brand that was there was fuji and my mechanic advised not to go with it.

^ Gotta agree with you.

I replaced Clutch/PP on my civic, almost same parts as city i guess. Paid around 4000 for clutch plate and around 6000 for the pressure plate. Both Exedy, brought at different places. There were 2 types of clutch plates, one was cheaper than that, maybe it was a fake i guesss. As i have heard, even Honda genuine are made by Exedy? I don't know. Anyway the original plates I had also were of the same color.

But anyway, take a sample of them both when you are buying. And OP the shop you told is not the only place that sells these stuff and I think it's not the cheapest/best place either ;)

• Like 1