• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Buy As A Srilankan (If Not A Car Lover)

virajkv

HI guys, this is my first thread in this forum so sorry if any mistakes.......

I thought of having started a thread because I'm in a deep confused situation right now,

I owned a toyota 109 Hilus pickup previously00046543_1.jpg

and now after selling it, (due to the problems occured in its performance) I don't know what to buy...

I definitely need a diesel vehicle as i have to travel a lot, and it needs to be a 4x4 because i need that kind of a ride for a special purpose when visiting a part of my journey,

( not a hard offroader, just a soft one would do)

SO i narrowed down my options to following vehicles...

Micro Actyon / Kyron..

Labdrover freelander new one...

Kia sportage 2007 (but i dnt like this much)

Kia Sorrento...

I'm in love with the design and performance of Micro suv's but my dad keep insisting on buying a more reliable one...

I would like to know ur ideas as what would u think as the best buy from above selections OR From ur personal taste including any other model which is capable of doing what i mentioned above...

Thanks in advance all!!!

Regards~Viraj

P.S. I forget to mention that i want a vehicle which is Y/O/M is newer than 2000.

The new land rover freelander seems to have ironed out all the niggles that the firt models had. If you have a permit, i think you could import a diesel one for around 6.5 mil. With 3 years warranty, it would be a great ride to have, especially if you drive long trips.

The sorento is also a lovely vehicle. A collegue got one down (a diesel), IMHO i think its a gem. And i agree that the new sportage is an acquired taste.

The new land rover freelander seems to have ironed out all the niggles that the firt models had. If you have a permit, i think you could import a diesel one for around 6.5 mil. With 3 years warranty, it would be a great ride to have, especially if you drive long trips.

The sorento is also a lovely vehicle. A collegue got one down (a diesel), IMHO i think its a gem. And i agree that the new sportage is an acquired taste.

Ooops the main thing is that i Don't hve a permit nor i have any politicians related bro... sad scene..

so its inly a second hand buy for me...

The new freelander as i saw on that softlogic site is superb and more like a range rover but what to do... its far beyond my limits....

anyhow kia should b considered more.... thanks!

I thought of having started a thread because I'm in a deep confused situation right now,

and now after selling it, (due to the problems occured in its performance) I don't know what to buy...

I definitely need a diesel vehicle as i have to travel a lot, and it needs to be a 4x4 because i need that kind of a ride for a special purpose when visiting a part of my journey,

Micro Actyon / Kyron..

Kia Sorrento...

I'm in love with the design and performance of Micro suv's but my dad keep insisting on buying a more reliable one...

I would like to know ur ideas as what would u think as the best buy from above selections OR From ur personal taste including any other model which is capable of doing what i mentioned above...

Thanks in advance all!!!

Regards~Viraj

P.S. I forget to mention that i want a vehicle which is Y/O/M is newer than 2000.

what about the montero sport u should be able to find a used one for cheap

Micro Actyon / Kyron..

Kia Sorrento...

Thanks in advance all!!!

Regards~Viraj

I have no idea about Micro vehicles..Kia spotage 2007 has solved most of it's problems had in the earlier versions..Freelander known for it's potential timing belt problems and transmission problems..even though the design is not handy as freelander i think kia spotage is a good choice for your budget..BTW what was the problem you had in your hilux ? :unsure:

Edited by AbeysinghE

@AbeysinghE ; Sportage is good but its more of a car type considering to actyons/kyrons... anyway as a typical srilankan i should avoid sailing in to unknown seas....

But then again kyrons/actyons are fully loaded....

ayyooooo.... :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099: god help me... he he :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

well with the hilux, I had to spent two or three days stuck in the middle of the road for many mechanical problems...

1.) there was the problem with transmission as the clutch pump was damaged so the rubber bush were damaged.

2.)then the battery was gone and had to replace the two batteries...

3.) one day without a a reason this thing didn't start up...

I spent a whole lot of money n it and repaired clutch plate, preassure plate, whole gearbox including brass cone, bearings and all...

still I couldn't b satisfied enough wit the realiability isue as i don't wanna et stuck in the middle of the road so i sold it....

thats why now i needd something reliable :) :)

thnk for reply... :D :D

@AbeysinghE ; Sportage is good but its more of a car type considering to actyons/kyrons... anyway as a typical srilankan i should avoid sailing in to unknown seas....

But then again kyrons/actyons are fully loaded....

ayyooooo.... :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099: god help me... he he :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

well with the hilux, I had to spent two or three days stuck in the middle of the road for many mechanical problems...

1.) there was the problem with transmission as the clutch pump was damaged so the rubber bush were damaged.

2.)then the battery was gone and had to replace the two batteries...

3.) one day without a a reason this thing didn't start up...

I spent a whole lot of money n it and repaired clutch plate, preassure plate, whole gearbox including brass cone, bearings and all...

still I couldn't b satisfied enough wit the realiability isue as i don't wanna et stuck in the middle of the road so i sold it....

thats why now i needd something reliable :) :)

thnk for reply... :D :D

Mate..It sounds like you have actyon and kyrons behind your mind..I have no idea about actyon as i don't have any close friend who's using it..but my uncle was using a kyron ..and don't know the reason he changed to a lexus..but i think the second hand kyron (2008-2009)is well within your budget and actyon is not good looking as kyron i suppose..your topic heading says "as a Sri Lankan" so why don't you try a kyron and see how it works???...A Sampath Bank branch manager whom one of my friends told me that they gave more than 15 leases for rexton and kyrons and when they asked from the owners, they are very satisfied with the SUV they have got...so think and get a wise decision.. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but don't Kyrons share the same engines and transmission as the previous generation Mercedes M-Class? If thats the case then reliability shouldn't be too much of a problem :)

I'm not sure about the engine..but transmission for sure... :rolleyes:

Mate..It sounds like you have actyon and kyrons behind your mind..I have no idea about actyon as i don't have any close friend who's using it..but my uncle was using a kyron ..and don't know the reason he changed to a lexus..but i think the second hand kyron (2008-2009)is well within your budget and actyon is not good looking as kyron i suppose..your topic heading says "as a Sri Lankan" so why don't you try a kyron and see how it works???...A Sampath Bank branch manager whom one of my friends told me that they gave more than 15 leases for rexton and kyrons and when they asked from the owners, they are very satisfied with the SUV they have got...so think and get a wise decision.. :rolleyes:

Well thanks for the info mate... :) :)

Yeah actyons are ugly to look i know... so I'm considering seriously about a kyron these days..

Just wanted to get some opinions on other brands also...

:rolleyes:

because of being a srilankan we have to think hard before buying ne... ;) ;) ;)B)

@ esdeez ; as far as I heard, the engine and the gear box both have Merc dna...

But the problem is with some sensor issues & some rattling noises...

thats why I'm looking for someone who has been using one for a long time, say 3 years or more...

and i went to look for a one made in 2007, but that was in a very bad condition as the engine was started after a long cough....

ODO meter said it has done only 72000 km but i really doubt it....

because of that i thought of looking for more kyron owners before purchasing...

@ esdeez ; as far as I heard, the engine and the gear box both have Merc dna...

But the problem is with some sensor issues & some rattling noises...

thats why I'm looking for someone who has been using one for a long time, say 3 years or more...

and i went to look for a one made in 2007, but that was in a very bad condition as the engine was started after a long cough....

ODO meter said it has done only 72000 km but i really doubt it....

because of that i thought of looking for more kyron owners before purchasing...

As i have heard the sensor issues & rattling noises are the common issues for rexton..yet i haven't heard anything in that nature about kyron..anyway..it's better to talk to a person who's using it now for some years..otherwise you will feel like "Hotu geni deela kehi geni gaththa wage" :lol: BTW... i accept that ssangyoung SUV's very handy in design..

Edited by AbeysinghE

As i have heard the sensor issues & rattling noises are the common issues for rexton..yet i haven't heard anything in that nature about kyron..anyway..it's better to talk to a person who's using it now for some years..otherwise you will feel like "Hotu geni deela kehi geni gaththa wage" :lol: BTW... i accept that ssangyoung SUV's very handy in design..

Ha ha ha :D :D :D

Comment of the day... Exactly bro, thats what im trying to figure out these days or My situation surely will be as above.....

Hope a good kyron owner will appear soon or la8r.... :P :P :P :P :P :P

Ha ha ha :D :D :D

Comment of the day... Exactly bro, thats what im trying to figure out these days or My situation surely will be as above.....

Hope a good kyron owner will appear soon or la8r.... :P :P :P :P :P :P

Machan If your budget is 4.5 million isn't it worth for you to buy a brand new ssangyoung korando from micro..it's 5 million only... :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

What does that mean exactly?

for 4.5 you can get a 2nd hand Mazda BT50 which came out with the permits and running on PB numbers i think...might want to check on that..you might even be able to score a newer hilux i reckon considering that the newer unregistered ones are going for 55 or so...

Machan If your budget is 4.5 million isn't it worth for you to buy a brand new ssangyoung korando from micro..it's 5 million only... :rolleyes:

Thaanks for the info machan, but korando seems a more car than a suv for me, and i like the hugeness in kyron(weird rte? he he).

anyways tansk for all ur valuable opinions machan, its been of a great help to me, and i bought one yesterady for 4.4M. :) :) :)

for 4.5 you can get a 2nd hand Mazda BT50 which came out with the permits and running on PB numbers i think...might want to check on that..you might even be able to score a newer hilux i reckon considering that the newer unregistered ones are going for 55 or so...

yepp checked on the new hilux and they are going for 4.9 minimum... but as i used a pickup earlier thought of going on for a suv this time... and got one... :)

tansk for the info mate!