• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Message To "some" Hybrid Drivers

k9master

Is it 18-19 km/L & 24 km/L Bc's as i know in Prius they indicate in MPG not in Km/L

Yes mate..even i didn't meant that you told that to me... :rolleyes: just made a explanation coz you have quoted something i have written.. :rolleyes: If you have had a very bad experience with prius drivers..those drivers are ridiculous coz prius is not designed to go slowly..it's designed specially for highway driving..and performs reasonably well even in the mountains..I also can't understand why some drivers behaving like that..is that they think so much on the green environment? or is it the greediness for money?..when i drive fuel figures counter says that it's 18-19 km/L :lol: ,when my wife drives it's mostly upto 24 km/L..but she's also drives an average speed of 60 kmph..the only difference between us is .If somebody pass me if it's a vehicle in the same range of engine i will definitely pass that..and there will be a driving battle for some time, whereas my wife ignores those passing ones..that might be difference for the fuel figures..anyway machan if somebody drives at 30 kmph thats lunatic.. :D

One of my friends recently bought a Prius, and says that it has excellent pickup. I also noticed a black 3rd Gen Prius driving really fast close to Parliament Road.

I think this is one of my managers. He said he does about 20KML.But he drives fast not slow.

keeping a 10 meter distance between the car in front - etc.'

This is done by maruti guys. If you have three in front of you. It’s a challenge to overtake.

I think it's natural for (at least some) people to go slow in a new car - you really don't want to damage the new goods eh? <_<

I think this natural for all for first 3 months.Till you know your ends of your car.

Is it 18-19 km/L & 24 km/L Bc's as i know in Prius they indicate in MPG not in Km/L

it can be changed to what ever the way you like..I have changed it to KM/L if we want it can be changed to MPG as well :rolleyes:

Usually, Man drive car. But with Hybrid myths, Prius drive man.

I bought Prius (2G/2007) about 3 weeks ago. Only drive 3000km so far. It is dong 21 km/l with around 50-80 speed. In my experience, it is a good car with nice pickup and good handling.

As I believe, running on battery power up to 30km/h isn’t always true. Hybrid synergy drive system is much smarter than that. It doesn’t stick to vehicle speed, but the power needs to move on. If you are driving up to the hill, even in 10km/h speed, it switches to engine. Also, when you are driving on flat road at 60km/h constant speed, it switches to battery since vehicle doesn’t need much power.

Driving Prius at 30km/h just to save gas is purely a joke. It can do only 1 – 1.5 km with fully charged battery. Then turn the engine on to charge battery. If you know science, while converting one form of energy to another form always cause an energy waste. This means, there is more energy waste in Gas (Engine) to Electricity (Battery) -> Electricity (Battery) to moving power (Motor) than Gas to Moving power (Engine)

Toyota didn’t make hybrid to change driver’s habit. But to save little bit gas by using alternative power source whenever necessary. Man shouldn’t be a slave of machines. Just my 2 cents thought. By the way, I’m new to AutoLanka forum.

Edited by lkgamage
  • Like 3

I bought Prius (2G/2007) about 3 weeks ago. Only drive 3000km so far. It is dong 21 km/l with around 50-80 speed. In my experience, it is a good car with nice pickup and good handling.

As I believe, running on battery power up to 30km/h isn’t always true. Hybrid synergy drive system is much smarter than that. It doesn’t stick to vehicle speed, but the power needs to move on. If you are driving up to the hill, even in 10km/h speed, it switches to engine. Also, when you are driving on flat road at 60km/h constant speed, it switches to battery since vehicle doesn’t need much power.

Driving Prius at 30km/h just to save gas is purely a joke. It can do only 1 – 1.5 km with fully charged battery. Then turn the engine on to charge battery. If you know science, while converting one form of energy to another form always cause an energy waste. This means, there is more energy waste in Gas (Engine) to Electricity (Battery) -> Electricity (Battery) to moving power (Motor) than Gas to Moving power (Engine)

Toyota didn’t make hybrid to change driver’s habit. But to save little bit gas by using alternative power source whenever necessary. Man shouldn’t be a slave of machines. Just my 2 cents thought. By the way, I’m new to AutoLanka forum.

Welcome to the AL forum..exactly correct mate. :rolleyes:

wish cops come up with a minimum speed limit some thing more than 30kmph.. at least 35kmph...

i think push bicycles over take prius grand pa drivers.... :to_pick_ones_nose3::sport-smiley-002:

:lol: so we have another idea here that prius drives by grand pa.. :lol:

Oh ok :unsure:

check a second generation prius mate..it's fuel consumption display normally display it as KM/L not MPG..but if you search a youtube video relating to prius..it shows as MPG.It's just a display option can be changed according to the measure unit you normally use in your country.. :rolleyes:

@ K9master,

Ok..since you have quoted one of my answers given to some one who asked whether it can be driven totally from hybrid system, i would like to explain this to you..honestly i haven't met any of those kind of prius drivers..and I'm a person who drives at average speed of 70 to 80 kmph..I live in kurunegala and haven't seen much of prius here like kandy and colombo..I'm not a hybrid lover..only the two reasons i bought a prius are ..Fuel efficiency (I'm doing average 120 km per day most probably (Kurunegala dambulla kurunegala) when i'm in Sri Lanka..so prius is the most economical option for me..and space is enough for my family..the second reason is my wife wanted to try a prius too..I'm not rich enough to have two cars for my enthusiasm and for wife's preference..so naturally i opted to a prius..Frankly telling you all dudes..some axio, and allion drivers always wanted to have a challenge on me while i was driving to see how prius performs..I have never ever allowed them to pass me at any circumstances unless i had to stop somewhere..I have done maximum 123 kmph on A9 road from Malate to Dambulla ...so those 30 kmph ..thing is not applicable to all prius drivers..so your "some" hybrid drivers quote is may be applicable to those stupid drivers who try to save the fuel by going at 30 kmph... :D

Ahhh... You sold your Axio??? To be honest AbeysinghE, I was in an impression that Axios are good machines since I hadn't driven one at that time. But after your comments, I had a drive on one of my friends Axio & found that was an absolute suck. I feel 121 is far better than Axio..

Extreemly sorry for changing the track guys... ;) Really apologise.

Ahhh... You sold your Axio??? To be honest AbeysinghE, I was in an impression that Axios are good machines since I hadn't driven one at that time. But after your comments, I had a drive on one of my friends Axio & found that was an absolute suck. I feel 121 is far better than Axio..

Extreemly sorry for changing the track guys... ;) Really apologise.

Yes.I sold it.not even used it for 4 months. :lol: yes you are right mate..121 is far more better than axio for me.Now using a second generation prius, and i'm reasonable satisfied with it, as it's good for my requirements.For me the handling of prius is better than axio.I met a doctor who is using an axio G grade and he argued with me that it's more comfortable and ride quality and handling better than prius when we met in a service station.I gave him a test drive, and he immediately changed his mind. :lol:

wish cops come up with a minimum speed limit some thing more than 30kmph.. at least 35kmph...

i think push bicycles over take prius grand pa drivers.... :to_pick_ones_nose3::sport-smiley-002:

nicely said dude i hope this come true.

..I have never ever allowed them to pass me at any circumstances unless i had to stop somewhere..I have done maximum 123 kmph on A9 road from Malate to Dambulla ...so those 30 kmph ..

.If somebody pass me if it's a vehicle in the same range of engine i will definitely pass that..and there will be a driving battle for some time, whereas my wife ignores those passing ones..

apoo.. you are one of those saarter drivers with unresolved ego issues and an insecurity/inadequacy to boot. let me picture this...you are cruising along at XX Kmph and some peaceful driver who cruises at XX+ comes behind and naturally attempts to overtake you. All your psycho issues kick in and all of a sudden you start accelerating causing the poor driver who was attempting to overtake you to mistime his overtaking process and spend more time than intended on the opposite lane, risking on-coming traffic. and in the face of oncoming traffic when he pulls back, you must be gloating pretending that you "didn't let him pass"...

or if he did pass you, you must be going behind him like a complete jerk honking, flashing your headlights attempting risky overtaking procedures etc and in short being a complete nuisance..in an attempt to overtake him...take a break what are you trying to prove and to whom???

you know mate, frankly, i prefer the 30kmph's over idiots like you.. next time i see a moron driving a prius along the kurunagala dambulla road, i'll know its you..

• Like 1

apoo.. you are one of those saarter drivers with unresolved ego issues and an insecurity/inadequacy to boot. let me picture this...you are cruising along at XX Kmph and some peaceful driver who cruises at XX+ comes behind and naturally attempts to overtake you. All your psycho issues kick in and all of a sudden you start accelerating causing the poor driver who was attempting to overtake you to mistime his overtaking process and spend more time than intended on the opposite lane, risking on-coming traffic. and in the face of oncoming traffic when he pulls back, you must be gloating pretending that you "didn't let him pass"...

or if he did pass you, you must be going behind him like a complete jerk honking, flashing your headlights attempting risky overtaking procedures etc and in short being a complete nuisance..in an attempt to overtake him...take a break what are you trying to prove and to whom???

you know mate, frankly, i prefer the 30kmph's over idiots like you.. next time i see a moron driving a prius along the kurunagala dambulla road, i'll know its you..

Ok noted..I think what i meant was not that..anyway i don't have to explain further again to you as i have already clearly justified those facts..BTW i can see from your name "Pissa" that even if i explain it will be totally waste of my time..Thanks for your comments.. :lol:

Edited by AbeysinghE

A good sensible post...

If only all Prius drivers realize the truth about all this like you...

Didn't start this thread with hatred or road rage as some people have mentioned here. I really had to face those frustrating situations. And This morning again I saw a white Prius driving down Maharagama - Dehiwala road at 30 - 35km when the road was relatively empty. But being the morning the opposite lane was empty and I was able to overtake with ease...

I personally think that this is those Car Sale places give these lame advises to the Prius owners...

Don't listen to those car sales men who don’t know anything more than how to show 'Winker Mirrors' and 'Push Start'. Don't ask those lame mechanics who don’t know how to properly fix anything other than what’s manufactured in the 60s either.

Since you are not 'Mudalali's buying Prados and expected to have some level of education, please do a little research on the net and find out the truth yourself.

Yep it is fun to race with people tryng to overtake u but it has pretty bad consequences.

Once my mom did that to a motorcyclist who got hit by oncoming traffic (car). Miraculously he did not die but the accident could have been fatal.

The danger is enhanced in auto and even more in hybrid vehicles as computers controll what we r trying to do.

Think of a foot cyclist overtaking a prius and looking into his economy meter (in the bicycle) showing 35km per fish bun