• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Message To "some" Hybrid Drivers

k9master

If you know science, while converting one form of energy to another form always cause an energy waste. This means, there is more energy waste in Gas (Engine) to Electricity (Battery) -> Electricity (Battery) to moving power (Motor) than Gas to Moving power (Engine)

And if you a know a little more science, you will understand that the scenario is much more complicated than this, and that's why there are benefits in hybrid systems that outweigh the conversion losses. Mostly it is to do with the fact that electrical energy can be stored conveniently, but the torque characteristics of electric motors (compared to engines) also play an important role.

The danger is enhanced in auto and even more in hybrid vehicles as computers controll what we r trying to do.

How is the danger 'enhanced' in an auto car?

And what kind of hybrid vehicle controls the driver? Did a hybrid knock you on the head or something? :lol:

How is the danger 'enhanced' in an auto car?

And what kind of hybrid vehicle controls the driver? Did a hybrid knock you on the head or something? :lol:

and he talking about fish bun in his other post must be the effects of good stuff he using :D

The danger is enhanced in auto and even more in hybrid vehicles as computers controll what we r trying to do.

How come it's more dangerous on Hybrids? Also is it about the delay in gearshift in A/T transmission you are talking about?

That delay is very much less in CVT transmission. So how come they are more dangerous?

Ok noted..I think what i meant was not that..anyway i don't have to explain further again to you as i have already clearly justified those facts..BTW i can see from your name "Pissa" that even if i explain it will be totally waste of my time..Thanks for your comments.. :lol:

Seriously? :rolleyes: you call the below a justification??

Have you heard a saying that "Kele Maru unata kotiyage pulli maru wenne ne" ?? thats just simple as that ... :lol:

And if you a know a little more science, you will understand that the scenario is much more complicated than this, and that's why there are benefits in hybrid systems that outweigh the conversion losses. Mostly it is to do with the fact that electrical energy can be stored conveniently, but the torque characteristics of electric motors (compared to engines) also play an important role.

I Agree.I meant to say, Driver doesn't want to do anything special to get the benefits of it. ECU gather and store spare energy that is wasting while you driving. Then release it whenever the car is in need of little power to move on and keep the engine idle or off. That saves fuel. Acceleration pattern do the magic. Not the speed. On a flat road, if you suddenly press accelerator to advance speed 40 to 60. engine kicks off. but if you press it smoothly and gradually,it take few seconds but engine won't kicks off.

What would be the best? going 30 - 35 to get 25km/l or drive with little patient and save some fuel. it is up to you, but will effect not only you but also others behind your car.

Edited by lkgamage

How come it's more dangerous on Hybrids? Also is it about the delay in gearshift in A/T transmission you are talking about?

That delay is very much less in CVT transmission. So how come they are more dangerous?

Yet the CVT feels like a worn out cluch and it is slower than a manual

I don't think all Prius drivers in SL drive at 30 kmph. Today I was stuck behind one at Dankotuwa, and it was doing almost 40!

Wow... what has come over him to harm those beloved trees like that...

Hasn't his car sale guy taught him how to drive it?

Actually, you don't need to drive your prius slowly to save fuel. My prius did 25km/l (with AC continuously ON and 5 passengers) to take me from Gampaha to Ratnapura to Gampaha (198km). My speed range was 60-90km/hour. Fuel economy will depend on driving habits.

Edited by SHNP

Actually, you don't need to drive your prius slowly to save fuel. My prius did 25km/l (with AC continuously ON and 5 passengers) to take me from Gampaha to Ratnapura to Gampaha (198km). My speed range was 60-90km/hour. Fuel economy will depend on driving habits.

Wow!!!!! That's some figures you got there!!! My Punto did 21kmpl Colombo Galle Baddegama Colombo... and I use that Dual Logic tranny like baitch!!

Frankly telling you all dudes..some axio, and allion drivers always wanted to have a challenge on me while i was driving to see how prius performs..I have never ever allowed them to pass me at any circumstances unless i had to stop somewhere..I have done maximum 123 kmph on A9 road from Malate to Dambulla ...so those 30 kmph ..thing is not applicable to all prius drivers..so your "some" hybrid drivers quote is may be applicable to those stupid drivers who try to save the fuel by going at 30 kmph... :D

Abeysinghe, Pray that you will never encounter me or Ripper or Bugatti or better still PradFred in his Y60 on the road... :)

• Like 1

Abeysinghe, Pray that you will never encounter me or Ripper or Bugatti or better still PradFred in his Y60 on the road... :)

wow AbeysinghE if you encounter those gentlemens on the road you are toast buddy. :D

No need to pray buddy..don't worry i'll use a Y60 instead of prius to compete with you all.My friend who's owning a service station has a Y60 and it's in a fantastic condition.. :lol: and I'm dead sure i'm gonna loose the battle if i use the prius :lol:

Edited by AbeysinghE

i'm not saying about y60 dude what about VVTi's alfa romeo.

Don't worry I'll put my Alfa Juliet out..can u guess what will happen. :lol: Romeo will follow juliet not overtake.. :lol: I said i will compete with same competitors.I understand that the prius cannot fight with all vehicles in the road.

Edited by AbeysinghE

i'm not saying about y60 dude what about VVTi's alfa romeo.

Ha ha ha ha... an Alfa is a priceless work of art. What makes you think I will want to compare that with a common runabout with a wesak kuudo motor like the Prius?

• Like 1

No need to pray buddy..don't worry i'll use a Y60 instead of prius to compete with you all.My friend who's owning a service station has a Y60 and it's in a fantastic condition.. :lol: and I'm dead sure i'm gonna loose the battle if i use the prius :lol:

Please try to use your own metal for things like these... :) Not impressive or advisable to use other people's phallic extensions for your own pleasure... :) (unless you are ashamed of what you pack in your 'garage', or the ability to drive it)

:rolleyes::P

Edited by VVTi

Ha ha ha ha... an Alfa is a priceless work of art. What makes you think I will want to compare that with a common runabout with a wesak kuudo motor like the Prius?

you got me wrong there VVTi i never say prius in same league as you'r alfa romeo what i say is it can smoke prius in any given day. :D:grinning-smiley-043: to alfa romeo.

Edited by nexus