• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Accent Diesel

bat

Question

I am willing to buy Hyundai Accent diesel car. any one know about the Hyundai Accent diesel car?brand new price is around 2.6 million.Any one know about Hyundai vehicles Please help me.I need information about condition,fuel consumption,availability of spare parts,etc

22 answers to this question

I am willing to buy Hyundai Accent diesel car. any one know about the Hyundai Accent diesel car?brand new price is around 2.6 million.Any one know about Hyundai vehicles Please help me.I need information about condition,fuel consumption,availability of spare parts,etc

From where you have checked the price??.If you checked it from a news paper it might be the CIF price.2.6 million is damn cheap for a diesel sedan :blink:

Accent is not hatchback i suppose.but that price is so cheap.. :blink:

ok noted you are right the price is damn cheap for new diesel car

Edited by nexus

yep .but it is true...

There is nobody in SL who used Accent diesel before i suppose.It's brand new introduction.considering the price and since the agents are available in SL i think it's not a problem of trying one.That an unbelievable price.If it's so,that really value for money. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

There is nobody in SL who used Accent diesel before i suppose.It's brand new introduction.considering the price and since the agents are available in SL i think it's not a problem of trying one.That an unbelievable price.If it's so,that really value for money. :rolleyes:

if this price is correct there lot of people who will get in line buy this one. :)

Its not 2.6 -- its 3.2 --

Hey Bat,

Before anyone can give some useful info you better find out which model they are talking about. The previous model which was launched in 1999 is still marketed in India I heard. There is a new model about I don’t know from which year but it definitely looks better than the previous.

Don't have any personal feedback to give on any model but if it’s the older model Diesel I have a friend who owns one in India.

He's nowhere near to being a Automotive enthusiast so his opinion from a guy who only wants to go from A to B economically seems to be favoring this car. Last time he was here he bragged how he has not spent anything on the car for the last 22k KM how it does fuel over 15kmpl in the city, how its better equipped than Indian cars etc etc. :rolleyes: (felt like throwing him out of my car :violent-smiley-099: )

So if any of the above is true and if your needs also fit the above, you have a bloody good deal mate. It would be a lot cheaper than a used Hybrid and will be kicka** economical than any of those as well.

However, if you are a motoring buff, let me remind you that this (the older model) was once awarded the worst car of the year award in Top Gear. Being a Diesel it was 1500CC and had only 3 cylinders. You figure the rest out.

Cheers,

K9M

Hey Bat,

Before anyone can give some useful info you better find out which model they are talking about. The previous model which was launched in 1999 is still marketed in India I heard. There is a new model about I don’t know from which year but it definitely looks better than the previous.

Don't have any personal feedback to give on any model but if it’s the older model Diesel I have a friend who owns one in India.

He's nowhere near to being a Automotive enthusiast so his opinion from a guy who only wants to go from A to B economically seems to be favoring this car. Last time he was here he bragged how he has not spent anything on the car for the last 22k KM how it does fuel over 15kmpl in the city, how its better equipped than Indian cars etc etc. :rolleyes: (felt like throwing him out of my car :violent-smiley-099: )

So if any of the above is true and if your needs also fit the above, you have a bloody good deal mate. It would be a lot cheaper than a used Hybrid and will be kicka** economical than any of those as well.

However, if you are a motoring buff, let me remind you that this (the older model) was once awarded the worst car of the year award in Top Gear. Being a Diesel it was 1500CC and had only 3 cylinders. You figure the rest out.

Cheers,

K9M

Hi K9M -- the info i got is --its 2011 model/full option/1600 cc & car model[not hatch-back]

Dont't know anything about that model though. Just took did an image search on it and have to say that it looks good. And for 2.6M dude you are getting a Major deal for that Diesel.

Sure it will be very economical as well, if you are a fan of that...

Anyways, if you find more info on it do post here it definitely will be interesting for the Hybrid audience...

K9M

The cr*p diesel starlet (i used to call it toilet) was also a 1,5l diesel

Yet what a hit was it in the idiotic sri lanken 2nd hand market

And as the new hyundai diesel engines are so much economical and refined it might as well be a car of choice in sri lanka at this price

And as the new hyundai diesel engines are so much economical and refined it might as well be a car of choice in sri lanka at this price

So you drove around in a toilet, must have had a lot of torque ne :action-smiley-060:

• Like 1

you call it a toilet that explains it must be in cr*p*y condition :P

It's made in India. That's why its cheap. and it will come with all the problems of Indian cars.

damn it lost it good points now for me.

Edited by nexus

no that is not made in india.Made in Korea..

Brand new Accents came to Sri Lanka from India, not Korea (at least that was the case in the past). Like all car sale guys, the agents claim they come from Korea when the buyer first inquires about the car. Another popular sales-talk is "assembled in India using Korean parts" - pure BS.

How to test this is to open the engine compartment and check the VIN plate. If the VIN plate has "Hyundai Motor Company Limited" engraved on it, it's Korean made. If the VIN plate has "HMIL" - it's Indian made. HMIL stands for Hyundai Motors India Limited and it is abbreviated to fool people.