• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Worlds First Hybrid

The Stig

I know i know, im the last person you guys would expect to write about hybrids :rolleyes:

But i just couldn't resist, this baby was so awesome looking

firt-porsche-hybrid-street.jpg

engine-semper.jpg

According to this article Porsche was the first manufacturer of hybrids, thats right they beat Toyota to it by 100 years !

My link

Aint she a doll ? IMHO it still looks better than modern hybrids

Edited by The Stig

Hmmm... STIG publishing an article from the www.treehugger.com :huh:

Asuming that this popped up when you searched "Porsche" & " Hybrid" in google?

Anyways a very interesting one at that... thanks for sharing...

Hmmm... STIG publishing an article from the www.treehugger.com :huh:

Asuming that this popped up when you searched "Porsche" & " Hybrid" in google?

Anyways a very interesting one at that... thanks for sharing...

LOL i know, yep you called it. I was doing some research about the cayenne when this came up :D

The Sun may rise from west but stiggy won't be a treehugger I suppose.. :angry-smiley-048:

Hey, people can change. Everyone has an inner treehugger within them waiting to come out.

If anyone has ever picked up something off the ground, or cleaned their room or home, or collected rubbish in bag, they are caring for their environment, and in a small way being a treehugger.

Hey, people can change. Everyone has an inner treehugger within them waiting to come out.

If anyone has ever picked up something off the ground, or cleaned their room or home, or collected rubbish in bag, they are caring for their environment, and in a small way being a treehugger.

Uh huh. Well, don't keep your hopes up. In SL's case, it's more to do with vehicle tax than the actual environment.

so this is the reason why you posting hybrid topics you want to convert others to treehuggers here interesting.

Edited by nexus

Yes . But Japanese are known for adopting technology, Develop it and Put in to production stuff before the inventors.

Might be true for other things but not in this case.

The reason porsche discontinued the hybrid line was because of many other factor, but not cause he couldn't capitalize on his invention.

Here are the reasons

1)Back then Horses were faster than cars so everyone wanted a fast car not an economical car.

2)Fuel was cheaper than water so there was no point in building a car that was economical

3)All the motors and electrical items made the car complex and it also made it more expensive, people back then wouldn't pay a premium for an economical car as theree was no need to be economical.

But the tides have turned now :alc:

The Sun may rise from west but stiggy won't be a treehugger I suppose.. :angry-smiley-048:

I told you i am already a tree hugger

Tree_hugger.jpg

:P

No seriously guys i got nothing against tree hugers,actually i was also a climate change champion back in school.Even went to the south Asian youth summit on climate change. So i know what a tree huger is.

But i just cant stand wanna be tree hugers :alc:

Edited by The Stig