• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2011 World Car Of The Year

CyRaX

The Nissan Leaf has been named World Car of

the Year at the New York motor show. The Leaf is the first winner of the award and has

already claimed this year’s European Car of the Year accolade. It finished ahead of runners-up the Audi A8 and BMW 5-series in New York

. The 66 jurors from 24 countries commented that

the Leaf “feels like a normal car, only quieter” Source-autocarpost-47506-071871900 1303967473_thumb.jp

Edited by CyRaX
  • Like 1

Nissan Leaf, the first full electric vehicle finalist in this contest, is the Car of the Year 2011.

As it has been usual in recent years, it was a close victory, with 257 points, against the 248 points of Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

Opel/Vauxhall Meriva took the third place, with 244 points

Some More Results:

2011 World Car of the Year

Nissan Leaf

2011 World Performance Car

Ferrari 458 Italia

2011 World Car Design of the Year

Aston Martin Rapide

2011 World Green Car

Chevrolet Volt

Edited by Uditha88

• 3 months later...

I'm a fan of the Leaf. Just became an even bigger fan.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07/28/nissan-releases-an-official-leaf-app-hopes-it-proves-more-popular-than-the-actual-car/

:D

Now if only we could get that infrastructure up. Should be great for the office commute.

This is just the start. It will become a lot better really quickly. I think there is already a plug in hybrid being manufactured which provides a nice compromise.

Dammn thats hot,now I have a 1001 reasons to make sure my next phone is a Android......Like I said earlier,it'll not be a suprise if mobile phones were used instead of the steering in the future.

Peri post some more if you do find.