• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A6 Road To Trinco

Gyiman

Hi

Does anyone have feedback on how the A6 road to trinco is at the moment? I am planning on heading to Nilaveli next week.

thanks all

After the heavy rain of last time the whole road was in a very bad condition.From Ambepussa to Habarana i can grantee you that the road has been repaired now and in good condition. After Habarana i don't know exactly.But i think there won't be much of problems as i have seen a lot of tourist buses heading towards the Trinco :)

Edited by AbeysinghE

Hi

Does anyone have feedback on how the A6 road to trinco is at the moment? I am planning on heading to Nilaveli next week.

thanks all

went to trinco just after avurudu... upto Kantale the road is excellent. Between Kantale and Trinco there are some bad patches, so you need to take it a bit slow.

And if you are driving on the Nilaweli road at night watch out for the morphing traffic signs (from a distance it looks like pedestrian crossing, but when you get closer it turns into a cow, etc). I think they painted over and reused some old signs and at certain angles the old sign shows through :)

went to trinco just after avurudu... upto Kantale the road is excellent. Between Kantale and Trinco there are some bad patches, so you need to take it a bit slow.

And if you are driving on the Nilaweli road at night watch out for the morphing traffic signs (from a distance it looks like pedestrian crossing, but when you get closer it turns into a cow, etc). I think they painted over and reused some old signs and at certain angles the old sign shows through :)

Thanks for that Sifaan, when you say bad pacthes & taking it slow, what would the average speed limit be on that stretch? And how long did it take for you to get there? I am planning on leaving at about 5:00am

After the heavy rain of last time the whole road was in a very bad condition.From Ambepussa to Habarana i can grantee you that the road has been repaired now and in good condition. After Habarana i don't know exactly.But i think there won't be much of problems as i have seen a lot of tourist buses heading towards the Trinco :)

The stretch between kurunegala and dambulla now fully repaired. BTW u said in other tread you are a daily traveler from K'gala to Dambulla. :unsure: Are u lying or just a mistake? :deal:

Edited by luckey007

The stretch between kurunegala and dambulla now fully repaired. BTW u said in other tread you are a daily traveler from K'gala to Dambulla. :unsure: Are u lying or just a mistake? :deal:

whats lying?? I'm travelling the said road I was talking about the long lasting rain which affected everywhere in December January thinking that you are not travelling there frequently.since you haven't stated from where you are travelling I started from Ambepussa, where the A6 road starts.and after it's repaired i have traveled up to Habarana. I think clear enough for you.

Edited by AbeysinghE

Thanks for that Sifaan, when you say bad pacthes & taking it slow, what would the average speed limit be on that stretch? And how long did it take for you to get there? I am planning on leaving at about 5:00am

when u say leaving @ 5, i guess u mean leaving Colombo? IF it's colombo that you mean, then you should get to Trinco by about 9.30 AM. I went there in March and that's the time it took. the last bit (from Kanthale to Trinco - will take you close to an hour). But remember, if you leave after 6, add another 1 to 1.5 hours to your journey, as the traffic along A1 and A6 (upto Dambulla) will be crappy with lorries, buses and Prius's hogging the road and with not a lot of space on the opposite lanes to overtake...

when u say leaving @ 5, i guess u mean leaving Colombo? IF it's colombo that you mean, then you should get to Trinco by about 9.30 AM. I went there in March and that's the time it took. the last bit (from Kanthale to Trinco - will take you close to an hour). But remember, if you leave after 6, add another 1 to 1.5 hours to your journey, as the traffic along A1 and A6 (upto Dambulla) will be crappy with lorries, buses and Prius's hogging the road and with not a lot of space on the opposite lanes to overtake...

Oh very interesting.after lorries and buses the prius gets the third place.What are trying to prove here?? :lol:

whats lying?? I'm travelling the said road I was talking about the long lasting rain which affected everywhere in December January thinking that you are not travelling there frequently.since you haven't stated from where you are travelling I started from Ambepussa, where the A6 road starts.and after it's repaired i have traveled up to Habarana. I think clear enough for you.

Clear enough. Comment withdrawn. :rolleyes:

If you can pass Kurunegala before 7 it will be ideal as it can get really messy during school rush.

Up to Kanthale the road is fine. Keep to 70kph or less as the cops are waiting for you to speed and cross the lines. From Kanthale the road is a bit crappy, still being done. Up to Nilaveli is also slightly ok, but not that great. Just drive carefully. Its not rocket science to rive to Trinco.

...will be crappy with lorries, buses and Prius's hogging the road and with not a lot of space on the opposite lanes to overtake...

He he :lol: Prius as the 3rd? Well, no wonder it that thing goes 30-35Km/H to save the world.

Thanks for the comments & advice guys B)

Yes 5am is from colombo, & here's hoping that I avoid most of the traffic. Hopefully i wont have to deal with too many large vehicles & those very annoying 3 & 2 wheelers :violent-smiley-030: . And will definitely keep a look out for animals too, even the two legged morons who suddenly decide to cross the road!!!! :angry-smiley-048:

to be honest I wasn't really paying that much attention to speed/time - it was a hired van plus we were all rather distracted by other events.

We left Dambulla after late lunch (around 3.30pm... maybe 4) and reached Nilaweli around 7.00pm, with ~20mins break en-route. the driver never went over 60 km/h :S