• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruthi 800 Brake Problem

devindarocks

Im a owner of a maruthi 800, and recently im having an issue with brakes. its like when i stay long time in the jammed traffic and apply more brake the paddle goes down ( there comes a play 2inch like on the top of the paddle and i have to push the paddle to the bottom to apply brakes)

this gets ok when the vehicle stops by for few minutes (like 10mins). recently got replace the brake oil also after full system cleanup ( not changed any parts, but pumped the old oil, dirt & air out and put new oil)

Exsisting maruthi owners pls tell me if this is normal with this car ? ( since the car has no brake boosters),

Experts, is there somthing that i got to check?

Pls Help.

Im a owner of a maruthi 800, and recently im having an issue with brakes. its like when i stay long time in the jammed traffic and apply more brake the paddle goes down ( there comes a play 2inch like on the top of the paddle and i have to push the paddle to the bottom to apply brakes)

this gets ok when the vehicle stops by for few minutes (like 10mins). recently got replace the brake oil also after full system cleanup ( not changed any parts, but pumped the old oil, dirt & air out and put new oil)

Exsisting maruthi owners pls tell me if this is normal with this car ? ( since the car has no brake boosters),

Experts, is there somthing that i got to check?

Pls Help.

I used a maruti 800 few years back and it's a piece of crap. I had the same problem then and It is normal for that type of Indian shit.

Any way ,are you losing brake oil from the system? If yes then one or more seals are gone.

If the oil level is constant then it may be a problem with the piston seal of the pump.So when you keep the padel pressed, slowly the oil is leaking through the seal from high pressure side to the low pressure side.Renewing this seal is a very small repair and wont cost you much. Also check for air ingress in to the system.

My advice to you is to get rid of this car when you can and go for a same priced japanese or Korean car with power assisted brakes, which is more safe and comfortable.

Edited by rover
  • Like 1