• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Bug Hunt (New Vw Beetle)

toyota sucks

Now I went shoping for a small car, For my mom.

She wanted a vitz. But as my name suggests I convinced her to go for some thing else.

Luckily the 2000-2001 VW Beetle was given a thumbs-up.

So we went for a bug hunt.

From the vehicles we saw 2 of them had interior parts hanging out. Is this a problem with the beetle (That means the others were mended with superglue), or can it be isolated (due to an accident or something). And one of that 2 had some nasty pimples on the dash board.

Despite those problems the cars drove very impressively and the engine noise was music compared to the vitz and we liked the car.

Finally found couple of good ones,

Need to know whether those problems would appear in these too.

Any Repair maintainance issues in VWs

The other option was the peugeot 307 pls give me a comparison if u can.

Going to buy the beetle within this week so if u can please reply quickly

Edited by toyota sucks

Well vw's tend to have some flimsy internal parts (flimsy for rough use). But you could reglue them to fit perfectly or buy replacements for cheap on ebay.

As with any car just look for the basics; maintanance records, owners driving habits, and always go with your gut feeling.

there is a long thread about the VW Beetle started by someone who was looking to buy one. try a search

Yes I read it completely,

I want to know some more info about how to maintain ,

And what to check before my purchase, other important info about ownership quickly,

That' s why I started a topic. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience by starting it.

Californikan - Pls don't tell me that the econo boxes (eg- vitz,demio,fit,swift) are better or to go for a hybrid. I hate them.

Edited by toyota sucks

Yes I read it completely,

I want to know some more info about how to maintain ,

And what to check before my purchase, other important info about ownership quickly,

That' s why I started a topic. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience by starting it.

Californikan - Pls don't tell me that the econo boxes (eg- vitz,demio,fit,swift) are better or to go for a hybrid. I hate them.

LOL...I could tell that you were fully set on the Beetle so I had no intention of suggesting something else.

Keep us posted about your car search experience.

My friend got a beetle very recently for a good price. like Milroy for Bmw's there is a guy for Beetles, where most of the Beetles are maintained than the real agents. Please call 0718 333 333 my friend he will give you the Local Beetle guy's no.

All Beetles interior happen to hang soon due to the climate in Sri Lanka. I would say a nice car to drive and it has good surprising features like auto retract spoilers reaching 150 +. Anyways my friend owns the blue 2 litre turbo variant.

My friend got a beetle very recently for a good price. like Milroy for Bmw's there is a guy for Beetles, where most of the Beetles are maintained than the real agents. Please call 0718 333 333 my friend he will give you the Local Beetle guy's no.

All Beetles interior happen to hang soon due to the climate in Sri Lanka. I would say a nice car to drive and it has good surprising features like auto retract spoilers reaching 150 +. Anyways my friend owns the blue 2 litre turbo variant.

Thank u very much I thought only the 1.8 was turbo,

Please post any more information u know because i'm going to buy one this week.

Thanks for the personal message Toyota Sucks, and anyone else who has send those info to him.

It was very helpful,

So we bought a 1.8 Turbo VW bug Blue color beige leather seats in very good condition. And with many extras.

I drive it home (Colombo to Galle) and it did about 12kmpl and I was amazed.

So I Think that it was a wise discussion taken by me to go for a VW rather than a Japanese small car.

Yet to check the short distance economy,

Yet the driving pleasure is 100 times better than driving the toyota vitz that i test drove before the tax hike,

Thanks again to all at auto lanka you'r advice were very helpful

What I heard is VW beetle new model is made for European market. That mean they have made it for European countries climate too. Thats why it is coming like pimples in dashboard. :unsure:

Really? Then I wonder why it was sold here brand new then eh?