• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Bottome line, there are Porsche's on the road in SL that most likely would not be here if it wasn't for tax concessions.

What you rather have? Four Porsches in SL or fifty two Porsches in SL?

ps. Since you claim to be a wheel expert, I'll hire you to be my wheel washer since I have absolutely no interest in touching them. :D

no we would rather see 4 real porsche's than 48 gay porsche's driven by cheap ass idiots... there is no comeback for this ########..

That's because you're coming from the herd mentality, which manifests as a dependency on the acceptance and approval of others. The thought of not having that acceptance and approval is inconceivable to you and that is the prison you are in.

Naaah dude, no need to feel sorry at all. You have no idea how highly entertaining I find all of this to be.

Look at it this way....

I posted a very relevant news article about local Porsche hybrid sales.

One person wrote a thoughtful intelligent response to the Porsche article, and eight people chose instead to respond to a post about gay ass-wiping.

This is the 'opposition' I face. ROFLMAO!! :lol:

thats because u are a gay ass wipe who drives a priass with fake allow wheels.. bitch please... no one cares about hybrid porsche sales in SL... haven't u noticed no one else posts such gay articles in AL..

What exactly is a 'real' Porsche customer or a 'genuine' Porsche buyer? Whatever your answer is, it's a totally artificial distinction.

In major markets there are 911 drivers who feel that the 911 is the only 'real' Porsche. There are Porsche purists who have owned dozens of Porsches and think that anyone on their first or second Porsche is not a 'real' Porsche owner. There are the original owners of the 356 who see themselves as the real deal. Many of these people would look at who you would consider to be the 'real' and 'genuine' Sri Lankan Porsche owners and laugh their head off.

So let's not be snobby or elitist towards our Sri Lankan Porsche drivers, whoever they are, and for whatever reasons they bought their Porsche. Just be happy for them that they drive a nice car.

dude! when you had your chance to write a decent response two days ago you chose to talk about your sexuality, which being a prius driver I'm sure you have to explain quite often. And now 2 days later you think you can impress us with some google search results about "real porsche owners".

Anyway since you went through all that trouble allow me to give you a better explanation.

I was there when the Panamera hybrid was launched in SL. most of the people there showed up in their own porsches. other invitees were high ranking corporate officials and some brilliant entrepreneurs who I'm guessing porsche has identified as potential customers, people who deserve such a car with their hard earned money and who know how to look after them.

Have I seen someone from that crowd driving around in a hybrid porsche? I'm afraid they all look like people who got rich yesterday or some botique owner with some political connections. the sort of person you'd see in a prado/montero diesel or a cygnus wearing a sarong with a blinged up wife in a saree on the other seat. most of them who got no clue about the servicing costs and the attention it requires eventually. after all that montero they bought in 96 still runs ok with a service every 3 months. and parts are dime a dozen.

• Like 1

dude! when you had your chance to write a decent response two days ago you chose to talk about your sexuality, which being a prius driver I'm sure you have to explain quite often. And now 2 days later you think you can impress us with some google search results about "real porsche owners".

Anyway since you went through all that trouble allow me to give you a better explanation.

I was there when the Panamera hybrid was launched in SL. most of the people there showed up in their own porsches. other invitees were high ranking corporate officials and some brilliant entrepreneurs who I'm guessing porsche has identified as potential customers, people who deserve such a car with their hard earned money and who know how to look after them.

Have I seen someone from that crowd driving around in a hybrid porsche? I'm afraid they all look like people who got rich yesterday or some botique owner with some political connections. the sort of person you'd see in a prado/montero diesel or a cygnus wearing a sarong with a blinged up wife in a saree on the other seat. most of them who got no clue about the servicing costs and the attention it requires eventually. after all that montero they bought in 96 still runs ok with a service every 3 months. and parts are dime a dozen.

dude, I don't have time to respond right away so the one liners get sent off immediately and longer responses wait till I have time. And no, I didn't look the Porsche info up on Google. It was in my head - that's what subscribing for years to several car magazineswill do.

And I do appreciate your description of the Panamera hybrid launch.

of course they are cheapskates. how much are those hybrids retailing at? 17-21 mil.

How do you know that they aren't cheapskates who bought it just coz of the tax concessions?

Like Russel Peters says, if you're cheap, you're cheap. If you are cheap and you have money, you're just cheap in better stores.

If people in developed countries were to read this :rolleyes: they would either die laughing because it's so hysterical or start crying because it's so pitiful.

So according to the above logic Sri Lankans who make use of tax concessions and pay 100% tax are cheapskates? A 100% tax is still multiple times higher than what people in major markets and developed countries pay. In the U.S. people pay between 0% and 11.5% tax on their vehicles depending on the state they live in. A brand new 2012 Cayenne Hybrid has a starting price including taxes of about $70,000 - Rs. 7 million.

Sri Lankans who spend Rs 17 million for their Cayenne are called 'cheapskates' by the herd while much wealthier people in much wealthier countries pay only Rs 7 million for the same car. Haters!

of course they are cheapskates. how much are those hybrids retailing at? 17-21 mil.

How do you know that they aren't cheapskates who bought it just coz of the tax concessions?

Like Russel Peters says, if you're cheap, you're cheap. If you are cheap and you have money, you're just cheap in better stores.

While I'm at it, lets compare SL hybrid tax concessions to current U.S. hybrid tax concessions.

(I'll pick Colorado state as the point of purchase in the U.S.)

Sri Lanka

Rs 4.5 million - approx for a used 2010 Prius (hybrid tax rate of 50%)

U.S.A.

Rs 3.5 million ($35,000) - brand new 2012 Nissan Leaf.

Rs 264,000 ($2450) - Colorado 7% sales tax

- Rs 750,000 (-$7500) - Federal tax concession on plug-in vehicles

- Rs 600,000($6000) - Colorado tax concession on plug-in vehicles

-------------------

Rs 2.4 million - for a brand new 2012 Nissan Leaf thanks to govt tax concessions

-------------------

doesn't make sense - those on the 'cheapskate bandwagon' , calling people who pay 50%-100% tax 'cheapskates' when people in developed countries get far greater tax concessions on their vehicles and pay far lower taxes.

--------------------------------------------------------

Since I live in the U.S. I know the tax system by heart, but anyone who wants to look the numbers up themselves....

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index#/leaf-electric-car/index

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_incentives_for_plug-in_electric_vehicles

Edited by Californikan

no we would rather see 4 real porsche's than 48 gay porsche's driven by cheap ass idiots... there is no comeback for this ########..

You really hate Sri lankans don't you?

You live in Canada, and hurl insults at people in SL for paying 100% tax on their cars, and all the while, you don't say a word about all the Canadians around you who pay a fraction of that in taxes and received additional thousands of dollars in govt tax concessions for buying their hybrid.

Man! your ignorance never seizes to amaze me.

first of all keep in mind that this is sri lanka you are talking about. a land where a 14 year old japanese suv fetches the price of a brand new porsche 911 in the stateside. a place where people drive about in cars that are at least 3 times their yearly income. some of us even live in houses that are cheaper than the cars we own for crying out loud.

put a 10 million rupee 4 door saloon on your driveway and you are not impressing anybody. put a 63 million rupee german roadster and you might be getting somewhere.

So stfu and go hug a tree cos you don't know sh*t about this subject

You really hate Sri lankans don't you?

You live in Canada, and hurl insults at people in SL for paying 100% tax on their cars, and all the while, you don't say a word about all the Canadians around you who pay a fraction of that in taxes and received additional thousands of dollars in govt tax concessions for buying their hybrid.

i dont hate Sri lankans fool.. i lived there much longer than u did... in fact i wanna come back as soon as i can.. i am missing the big match this year because of this shit..

u are just an idiot.. period.. no matter what u say... everyone knows ur caliber.

first of all stay in srilanka observe our culture and how things work.. i dont say anything about canada or US because cars here are just cars. anyone can afford anything here.. its not a statement even if u own a lambo here.. even for the true enthusiast he can get the cars he wants if he has a steady job...

but in SL people who go and buy the real performance cars and maintain it and put gas in it has to spend 3 times the amount they pay in the west.. thats who we respect.. not buggers who went for a premium badge with the same money they spent on their prado...

get it now ########.. u know who we really respect, the buggers who bought the caynee when it first came.. the non hybrid version paying the full toll for it.. its not about paying 100% tax or 300% . what is real is real.. u will never get it because u drive a priass fool..

now go start a informative hybrid thread without getting raped over and over again..

OR

STFU" as luda says "that will be a temporary solution for your permanent flaw"

Edited by charitha19

If people in developed countries were to read this :rolleyes: they would either die laughing because it's so hysterical or start crying because it's so pitiful.

So according to the above logic Sri Lankans who make use of tax concessions and pay 100% tax are cheapskates? A 100% tax is still multiple times higher than what people in major markets and developed countries pay. In the U.S. people pay between 0% and 11.5% tax on their vehicles depending on the state they live in. A brand new 2012 Cayenne Hybrid has a starting price including taxes of about $70,000 - Rs. 7 million.

Sri Lankans who spend Rs 17 million for their Cayenne are called 'cheapskates' by the herd while much wealthier people in much wealthier countries pay only Rs 7 million for the same car. Haters!

And this is EXACTLY why your opinions are such rubbish. No, and I mean NO, idea of what the local conditions are, no ideas about context, but trying to put big talks and force things on us. :rolleyes: Very Hillary Clintonesque. Its sad when people try to follow American habits like this. I can understand the whole "when in Rome" thing, but next time, go play over there. Coz now you're looking like that Harak ass.

Tho how you refer to "wealthier" people buying the same cars for cheaper is amusing.

• Like 2

After a fair bit of thinking i have finally realised whats wrong here. Its not that the rest of the members here dont express their opinions clearly, the problem is cally is too stupid to understand them.

Repeated statements like this "A 100% tax is still multiple times higher than what people in major markets and developed countries pay. In the U.S. people pay between 0% and 11.5% tax on their vehicles depending on the state they live in" are clear indications :sad-smiley-066:. Cant cure stupid guys, just let him troll all he wants

Edited by The Stig

While I'm at it, lets compare SL hybrid tax concessions to current U.S. hybrid tax concessions.

(I'll pick Colorado state as the point of purchase in the U.S.)

Sri Lanka

Rs 4.5 million - approx for a used 2010 Prius (hybrid tax rate of 50%)

U.S.A.

Rs 3.5 million ($35,000) - brand new 2012 Nissan Leaf.

Rs 264,000 ($2450) - Colorado 7% sales tax

- Rs 750,000 (-$7500) - Federal tax concession on plug-in vehicles

- Rs 600,000($6000) - Colorado tax concession on plug-in vehicles

-------------------

Rs 2.4 million - for a brand new 2012 Nissan Leaf thanks to govt tax concessions

-------------------

doesn't make sense - those on the 'cheapskate bandwagon' , calling people who pay 50%-100% tax 'cheapskates' when people in developed countries get far greater tax concessions on their vehicles and pay far lower taxes.

--------------------------------------------------------

Since I live in the U.S. I know the tax system by heart, but anyone who wants to look the numbers up themselves....

http://www.nissanusa...ctric-car/index

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

http://en.wikipedia....ectric_vehicles

Why are you using the Nissan Leaf as an example? It's an electric car, not a hybrid. The plugin credit only applies to vehicles which have a recharging apparatus made to run off household electricity. The Prius does not fall into the category. Srsly, if you're going to make an argument, stick to the context.... the very _same_ context you've been harping on since the inception of this thread.

ahh well.. inevitable.. but atleast now u can focus on ur real congregation ....the true hybrid owner.. the ones who wants a economical/earth saving ride....

No, I posted the picture because the 3 of you's argument is so retarded, I just got tired of it.

Saying people who pay 50-100% tax are cheap and cheapskates is just retarded, man. Especially when set against the tax concessions in the rest of the world - Japan, Europe, North America, China etc.

Edited by Californikan

After a fair bit of thinking i have finally realised whats wrong here. Its not that the rest of the members here dont express their opinions clearly, the problem is cally is too stupid to understand them.

Repeated statements like this "A 100% tax is still multiple times higher than what people in major markets and developed countries pay. In the U.S. people pay between 0% and 11.5% tax on their vehicles depending on the state they live in" are clear indications :sad-smiley-066:. Cant cure stupid guys, just let him troll all he wants

You really are talking straight out of your ass now, aren't you. Or did you suddenly become an expert on the U.S. tax code system?

Let me say it again.

In the U.S. people pay between 0% and 11.5% tax on their vehicles depending on the state they live in.

I even provided a link to the U.S. sales tax rates in my previous post, but I suppose you're too stupid to look at it or understand it.

Edited by Californikan

Why are you using the Nissan Leaf as an example? It's an electric car, not a hybrid. The plugin credit only applies to vehicles which have a recharging apparatus made to run off household electricity. The Prius does not fall into the category. Srsly, if you're going to make an argument, stick to the context.... the very _same_ context you've been harping on since the inception of this thread.

Because the tax concessions on hybrids in the U.S. ended in 2010 and have been replaced by new tax concessions for plug-in vehicles (like the Leaf).

Below is the old U.S. hybrid tax concession computed on a 3rd gen Prius:

Rs 2.6 million ($26,000) - brand new 3rd gen 2010 Toyota Prius.

Rs 182,000 ($1820) - Colorado state 7% sales tax

- Rs 340,000 (-$3400) - Federal tax concession for hybrids

- Rs 300,000 (-$3000) - Colorado state tax concession for hybrids

---------------------------------

Rs 2.1 million for a brand new 2010 Toyota Prius - thanks to about Rs 640,000 in govt tax concessions

--------------------------------

Edited by Californikan

No, I posted the picture because the 3 of you's argument is so retarded, I just got tired of it.

Your argument may make sense in an SL context, but when set against what is happening in the rest of the world - Europe, Japan, North America, China - it is completely retarded.

u fool AL is SL forum... see who is the retard now.. just retire man.... SL people and car buying is totally different.. see this is the problem with u....

You really are talking out of your ass now, aren't you. What, you suddenly became an expert on the U.S. tax system?

Let me say it again.

In the U.S. people pay between 0% and 11.5% tax on their vehicles depending on the state they live in.

I even provided a link to the U.S. sales tax rates in my previous post, but I suppose you're too stupid to look at it.

Ahhh...but you're one of the people who also said that Sri Lankans who pay 50-100% tax are cheapskates. That confirms the stupidity.

u didnt understand the logic fool.... the point is the caliber of people.. when it was 300% tax people still bought the Porsche.. the true enthusiast.. now everyday idiots are buying it because its cheaper and its the money they would have spent on some montero or prado.. we know they still pay higher.. everyone pays higher even with the concessions moron.,.. god here i thought u got some sense into your head and thought of starting some good thread for the hybrid owners.. no i still dont see it... all u do is come to this thread get ur self raped... and then somehow u go and get ur self an abortion and comes here to put out again... u do know that in the US and Canada they have places to go to get help for ur kind of behavior....

the bottom line is u dont know nothing about SL buying habits or what will happen to hybrids in SL.. people will try to put sub par parts to maintain hybrids especially the Porsche's as they dont want to spend more as they are not the true Porsche owners.. and eventually these will breakdown and some poor fellow will buy them..

selfcontroll.jpg

Edited by charitha19

u didnt understand the logic fool.... the point is the caliber of people.. when it was 300% tax people still bought the Porsche.. the true enthusiast.. now everyday idiots are buying it because its cheaper and its the money they would have spent on some montero or prado..

the bottom line is u dont know nothing about SL buying habits or what will happen to hybrids in SL.. people will try to put sub par parts to maintain hybrids especially the Porsche's as they dont want to spend more as they are not the true Porsche owners.. and eventually these will breakdown and some poor fellow will buy them..

What you don't understand is that lower taxes helps the 'high caliber' people move up from Porsche into higher level marques like Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren etc. in the same way that lower taxes helps ordinary people get into decent A-B transportation.

Why are Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Pagani, Bently, Rolls, etc NOT in SL in any significant numbers? Partly because most 'high caliber' people can't afford them, partly because the taxes are too much.

Wouldn't you rather 'high caliber' people in SL to be able to own Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc instead of ordinary Porsche's?

Edited by Californikan

u didnt understand the logic fool.... the point is the caliber of people.. when it was 300% tax people still bought the Porsche.. the true enthusiast.. now everyday idiots are buying it because its cheaper and its the money they would have spent on some montero or prado.. we know they still pay higher.. they are not the true Porsche owners.. and eventually these will breakdown and some poor fellow will buy them..

PS.

Do you have any idea how funny it is to a German businessman on business in SL , when a 'high caliber' person drives up in his Porsche thinking he's hot shit because he drives that Porsche, and that German's gardener drives the same damn Porsche?

That 'high caliber' person may be highly impressive to fellow Sri Lankans, but he cannot 'compete' 'globally'. Porsche is a relatively ordinary car in many parts of the world. However, if taxes were lower, that 'high caliber' person could afford a Ferrari, and now he is playing at a higher level. He is competitive and impressive with the best in the world.

Take your head out of your ass man, stop looking at things with such a small mind, and see at the bigger picture.